• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Has Coronavirus officially killed the housing market?

Post-Covid, what 3 changes are you going to try to make? (max 3)  

119 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Post-Covid, what 3 changes are you going to try to make? (max 3)

• Work from home more
    • Walk more (drive less)
    • Avoid Chinese goods
    • Shop locally
    • Quit working (bennies)
    • Retire earlier
    • Leave the UK
    • Come back to UK
    • Cook more own food
    • Eat out more
    • See family more
    • See family less!
    • More time on hobbies
    • Worry less
    • Get divorced
    • None of the above

Bugger. @Wight Flight had me sold on the Isle of Wight but I forgot about my husband's travel sickness. My husband's work are saying that people will have to at least show their faces from time to time. Can anyone recommend somewhere else in England with decent weather where I can buy a 3 bed (preferably detached) with a big garden not too far from a train station for sub 250k?

53 minutes ago, This Time said:

Bugger. @Wight Flight had me sold on the Isle of Wight but I forgot about my husband's travel sickness. My husband's work are saying that people will have to at least show their faces from time to time. Can anyone recommend somewhere else in England with decent weather where I can buy a 3 bed (preferably detached) with a big garden not too far from a train station for sub 250k?

Stugeron.

Or only travel on calm days? London is very easy to get to.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I can't find Stugeron on a map?

He's being a pompous cunt as usual. 

A stuck up XXY if you like:D

Edited by mattydread
A was stuck to stuck

6 hours ago, This Time said:

With the new railway station opening soon, Peterlee will supply all of your requirements for sub-250K housing - and then some...!

The weather might be a problem though...

XYY

7 hours ago, This Time said:

Train to where? London? Is there a journey time limit?

7 hours ago, This Time said:

Eastbourne. It's a fair old commute into London but that's why the housing is more reasonable. 

saw people going for a viewing today. Very poor mask use. Watched her touch her face with her gloves .. and then pull her mask over her head. No social distancing with seller who has spent the last couple of weeks doing the same with various workmen

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

Eastbourne. It's a fair old commute into London but that's why the housing is more reasonable. 

That's the problem. You need to get over 2 hours from London for any sense.

My other options were north Somerset and Norfolk.

Bit of an about turn from my last post on this thread - all of my Rightmove alert emails now are full of asking prices at above where they were before the lockdown.

I suppose if you're a vendor or an estate agent and you know everyone coming through the door is going to take 20% off as a starting point for negotiations, then it's tempting to load the price up to give some room to negotiate. Which rather misses the point and will make the eventual asking price falls look even worse.

57 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Bit of an about turn from my last post on this thread - all of my Rightmove alert emails now are full of asking prices at above where they were before the lockdown.

I suppose if you're a vendor or an estate agent and you know everyone coming through the door is going to take 20% off as a starting point for negotiations, then it's tempting to load the price up to give some room to negotiate. Which rather misses the point and will make the eventual asking price falls look even worse.

It is certainly a delusional market place. I requested a reduction on  a flat purchase in Brighton in April.  The vendor sulked and gave me 24 hours to withdraw request or he would re-market the property.  Agent proceeds to add property on Rightmove at 8% ABOVE agreed price pre lockdown.

8 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

It is certainly a delusional market place. I requested a reduction on  a flat purchase in Brighton in April.  The vendor sulked and gave me 24 hours to withdraw request or he would re-market the property.  Agent proceeds to add property on Rightmove at 8% ABOVE agreed price pre lockdown.

Lol!

Ring him up and make him an offer of 28% below the asking price, that'll make his day.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Any talk of the same for rent payments?

I think it's only being suggested for residential mortgages,  not BTL, so I doubt it.

Has there been some kind of official rent payment holiday scheme?

Or is it just the freeze on evictions that has effectively forced LL's to be reasonable?

11 minutes ago, Royston said:

Has there been some kind of official rent payment holiday scheme?

Or is it just the freeze on evictions that has effectively forced LL's to be reasonable?

Yet another post that belongs in the make us laugh or fuck off thread.

😁😁

19 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Overpriced house had lots of viewings apparently. Clearly I have not been nosey enough to have noticed but girl next door tells me they've been busy.

Amateur.

Watch who is inspecting and if you don't like the look of them put on your '101 crying baby screams' CD at full volume.