• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus April / May 2020 (Part 3)

Apologies if this has been posted already. It's not even subtle...

Contactless card payments will increase by £15 to £45 from tomorrow in bid to combat coronavirus as it will limit use of cash and reduce number of shoppers inputting PIN

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8172453/Contactless-payment-limit-rise-45-Wednesday.html

"emergency measures... that last forever"

Interesting article

https://www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk/news/cambridge-virologist-explains-what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-covid-19-9104220/?fbclid=IwAR32Q-3pIdWMAhKRh9yZMMpxpAlKtMEbmS4CZ9K3jcX4tT2Nikb9cFqFQvg

Can you relapse after recovering from the virus?

That doesn’t happen with these respiratory viruses. The symptoms that drag on are your body’s response to the virus, but the virus is gone after a few days. I take great umbrage at the lengths of time you are meant to be infectious for because it is just not true. Nine days is nonsense. You don’t excrete a live virus that long.

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

Contactless card payments will increase by £15 to £45 from tomorrow in bid to combat coronavirus as it will limit use of cash and reduce number of shoppers inputting PIN

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8172453/Contactless-payment-limit-rise-45-Wednesday.html

Banks have wanted to do it for a while but couldn't force the issue. It's not an issue for me as apple watch allows you to spend an unlimited amount.

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

An extract from a post I made on are you enjoying the lockdown ......

I’m on good terms with the Aldi cashiers in my rural town. Oh dear, I was made to feel like an irresponsible person from the chat. I’ve never used a card to pay for anything in Aldi. The cashier I chatted with today said to me ages ago that she didn’t need to ask me if I was paying by cash or card. Today she had an aloofness but a beaming smile and said......So, you’ve not got used to using a card yet. Oh is it compulsory I asked?. No she replied but it’s safer for everyone.I decided to not get into any “discussion” about discouraging the use of cash 9_9 and played the dumb fool card and replied Oh is it? and went on my way.

577 pages in v2 then so <600 in the money.

I overestimated the spread because I didn't take into account now there was a coronavirus sub forum, more separate threads would be created taking posts from the main thread.

OK. Assuming end of 31st March, thread pages spread bet

<600

600 to 625

626 to 650

>650

26 minutes ago, spunko said:

Hyperinflation Returns to Zimbabwe, 70% Interest Rate and 230 ...

I can see the contactless limit increasing a few more times yet.

Posted (edited)

From the previous thread.

Well someone has just posted on a farcebook group asking if the local car boot will be taking place on Sunday. 

just how fucking thick are people?  o.O

Of course it will! Who ever heard of a car boot sale on a Monday? 😀

Edited by Mirror Mirror
Format

36 minutes ago, lid said:

This current situation gives TPTB the opportunity to make cash users social pariahs doesnt it, like drink drivers. Handy

1 hour ago, spunko said:

It would be a big win for tptb. Only tax cheats and drug dealers use cash, you're putting the NHS at risk, it's so much easier, what are you hiding, etc

Lambs to the slaughter.

11 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

It would be a big win for tptb. Only tax cheats and drug dealers use cash, you're putting the NHS at risk, it's so much easier, what are you hiding, etc

Lambs to the slaughter.

Pikies. Don't forget Pikies. 

48 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

They're flippin everywhere now.  All those bored grandparents are shoving teddy bears into their gardens.

[something to do with keeping kids amused as they go on their daily sanctioned walk]