• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus April / May 2020 (Part 3)

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

@Van Lady - thank you for ‘your concern’.....

I am still alive and ‘enjoying’ the joys that lockdown has brought. On a personal level it has been hugely beneficial. 

However ....

Bored of all this shite now.

It has been turned into a political and media circus. 

What the media/tptb have tried to make the people believe is utter horseshit. 

I have turned my attention to the upcoming financial collapse - that will make 2007-09 look like a garden party ......

This ‘pandemic’ is no way near what it could have been in terms of severity. (Assuming no ‘negative’ mutation), the world has been very very lucky. Imagine if the CFR had been >3% or even 10% ?? 
(That may well still happen on our lifetimes)........

One thing I still can’t get my head around is the absurd decisions that have been made (for this relatively benign virus) from lockdown, shutting schools to quarantining visitors.... and the resultant economic effects...... there is something else amiss....I’m sure. 

👍🏻Glad you’re ok.

Yes, I’ve moved onto concerns about the economic and social damage coming from reaction and political “management” of the virus. I don’t think politicians are in charge. I think they’re puppets toeing the line of those with more power than them.

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

It would be interesting to have a poll :ph34r:

My view hasn't changed at all. If we let the virus 'rip' I'd expect 670k deaths (assuming 1% mortality and everybody catching it) and they will be  spread over whatever time frame it takes the virus to travel through the population, that could be 2-3-5 years.

Say it occurs over 5 years and the deaths are evenly spread (they won't be of course), that is 134k deaths each winter.

Of course the numbers will be lower because not everybody will get infected. If 60% of the population get infected that is still 402k deaths, or 80k deaths each winter for 5 years.

In an ideal world, where politics didn't come into it, we should let it rip and get the killing done. People have the choice over 2-3-5 years to get themselves out of the vulnerable cohort by becoming less obese, lower their blood pressure, reverse their diabetes and improve their Vit D levels.

We could send letters to the vulnerable telling them to stay indoors while they get fit. And during that time treatments may get better too.

The problem is that the death-camp like scenes from letting it rip will be used to bash the Tory government at every election from now until eternity.

It all comes down to politics rather than science

Spread over 2+ years and that 670k dead is replaced by working age migrants who don't need pensions paying. 

36 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

@Van LadyOne thing I still can’t get my head around is the absurd decisions that have been made (for this relatively benign virus) from lockdown, shutting schools to quarantining visitors.... and the resultant economic effects...... there is something else amiss....I’m sure. 

Yes I still think we have all been massively played in someway ever since China suddenly started showing 'concern' for it's own people by welding them into their apartments 🤔 

My best guesses are that maybe we have just got 'lucky' with corona so far or could WW3 already be underway as a new cold or soft war?

I also wonder if Tptb only need to get around the magic 38% of people to do what they are told due to corona fear before they can make such things as immunisation passports and ID cards compulsory.

Time will tell I guess

Edited by geordie_lurch

2 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Yes I still think we have all been massively played in someway ever since China statement suddenly started showing 'concern' for it's own people by welding them into their apartments 🤔 

My best guesses are that maybe we have just got 'lucky' with corona so far or could WW3 already need underway as a new cold or soft war?

I also wonder if Tptb only need to ger around the magic 38% of people to do what they are told due to corona fear before they make such things as immunisation passports and ID cards compulsory.

Time will tell I guess

See what China has in place in the video above 

42 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I have turned my attention to the upcoming financial collapse - that will make 2007-09 look like a garden party ......

From my personal point of view nothing of note happened in 2008. No tangible difference was made. It's a bit weird hearing people referencing it in retrospect. I remember going into my then place of work, head full of HPC, with the full on doom and gloom. Literally nothing occurred. They must have thought I was mental.

3 hours ago, This Time said:

Fine. I'm out. Enjoy your echo chamber.

No need to spit one's dummy out, after all, for any forum to function there needs to be a balance of opinion across all spectrums.

Running through the options, this thing might:

Peter out

Come back mild

Come back bad

Kill everyone

The truth is, nobody knows.

The prevailing thought at this moment in time, on this forum, is that this thing is probably not the end of the world.

Let's hope that this holds true in the coming months/years.

Some people are naturally pessimistic. Me, I've always been an optometrist.

3 hours ago, twocents said:

Priti Patel said if people didn't have their own accommodation to be quarantined in and couldn't pay for government arranged accommodation then they would be sent back.  Unless they were exempt.  No mention of how they would deal with illegal immigrants.

That's just fucking stupid.  Encourages people to lie, which means that the whole tracing system breaks down.

55 minutes ago, eight said:

From my personal point of view nothing of note happened in 2008. No tangible difference was made. It's a bit weird hearing people referencing it in retrospect. I remember going into my then place of work, head full of HPC, with the full on doom and gloom. Literally nothing occurred. They must have thought I was mental.

I wasn't aware of the GFC until Lehman was on full steam.  

Then it came in fast and wiped out a lot of roles my mates around the world were involved in, as debt burdens crashed firms that had been hiding the real numbers.

A regret is not buying a place in Dublin centre at the time.  They were being sold so cheap compared to long term value.

1% of 67 million is 670,000 people. This thing will kill at least that many over whatever time period it takes.

In the big scheme of things it’s nothing. Net migration is running at approx 300k per year. Well done Tory cunts.

However as stated previously that number in 3 months = plague pits and the army in hazmat suits.

its all very well saying that the fat and infirm should sort themselves out. But they won’t.

That leaves tptb with a problem. They’d probably be better off in terms of mortality by closing all fast food joints forever and subsidising quality food for all. Add supplements in and incentives to exercise you’d probably make headway.

They won’t though. Fat ill consumer units are what’s required for the economy innit....

1 hour ago, eight said:

I remember the whole thing a something of a damp squid myself personally

28 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

1% of 67 million is 670,000 people. This thing will kill at least that many over whatever time period it takes.

In the big scheme of things it’s nothing. Net migration is running at approx 300k per year. Well done Tory cunts.

However as stated previously that number in 3 months = plague pits and the army in hazmat suits.

its all very well saying that the fat and infirm should sort themselves out. But they won’t.

That leaves tptb with a problem. They’d probably be better off in terms of mortality by closing all fast food joints forever and subsidising quality food for all. Add supplements in and incentives to exercise you’d probably make headway.

They won’t though. Fat ill consumer units are what’s required for the economy innit....

I think the 1% figure assumes that people don't alter their behaviour. Worst case scenario, maybe, it could get that bad.

My guess is that lots of people, coffin dodgers especially, will alter their behaviour.

This little precursor to death might have put the shits up them, somewhat.

Edited by lid

22 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

I posted on a newspaper site here that they should close all the maccas and hungry jacks, as that would save more lives than anything else in the long term

Got shouted at in virtual rage by loads of people - "stupid thing to say, hurtful, etc etc".  People just don't want to admit that a lot of health problems are down to their own choices.  It's a massive shift from the AIDS campaigns of my youth that made it very clear that only the individual could stop fucking people without a condom.

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I posted on a newspaper site here that they should close all the maccas and hungry jacks, as that would save more lives than anything else in the long term

Got shouted at in virtual rage by loads of people - "stupid thing to say, hurtful, etc etc".  People just don't want to admit that a lot of health problems are down to their own choices.  It's a massive shift from the AIDS campaigns of my youth that made it very clear that only the individual could stop fucking people without a condom.

Fattist 

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

Are we going to get mandatory vaccinations? 

I know he's a septic but he's close to the centre of power. It gives you an idea of their thinking. I think Brits are scared enough to agree to forced vaccination. 

then way it has worked in other countries - such as the USA - is that if you don't get vaccinated, you can't access state resources such as schools, etc.  Most people crumble when their kids are not allowed to go to school, they cannot go to a public building, etc.