• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus April / May 2020 (Part 3)

15 minutes ago, twocents said:

CV19 maybe being a dry run rehearsal with pig flu similar later on in the year. 

Both designed to be extremely realistic exercises for something truly real in the pipeline sometime in the perhaps not too distant future. 

Well I mean...they've literally given us the plan.

The media really are a bunch of twisted cunts.

No evidence that vitamin D prevents coronavirus, say experts (The Guardian 29/6/20)

I will let the Daily Mail off (just)

Plus they show a picture of 'cod liver oil' capsules because they look pretty.

Nobody has ever claimed Vit D prevents, it just helps your body keep it together, what The Guardian's article title does is completely misleading.

1734741310_Screenshot-2020-6-29GoogleNews.png.35bf64a662d672a247641183daea575f.png

8 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Express and others carrying story about 36 places where CV cases on the rise and they are considering local lockdowns.

Can anyone think of a common factor that links any or all of these places together?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1302680/lockdown-map-local-lockdown-Coronavirus-cases-near-me-full-list

image.jpeg.65f1dffc6b14aafa31d0db3bf3c31b72.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Express and others carrying story about 36 places where CV cases on the rise and they are considering local lockdowns.

Can anyone think of a common factor that links any or all of these places together?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1302680/lockdown-map-local-lockdown-Coronavirus-cases-near-me-full-list

The government are aware of a BAME link I believe

Are all the locations immigrant dispersal locations ? the disperals policy was introduced in 2000

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cdp-2016-0095/

Edited by Hopeful

On 27/06/2020 at 08:14, mattydread said:

Pakistan was the origin for HALF of Britain's imported coronavirus cases - amid calls for tougher quarantine checks from 'high-risk' countries

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried :D:D

26 minutes in.

People coming from Pakistan because they will get better treatment here because they know they are ill (And most contagious)

All travel to and from Pakistan should be on condition of 1 months quarantine in a detention centre and being the voluntary subject of vaccine trials, all bed & board included.

You have to volunteer for the trial before you get on the plane, otherwise it wouldn't be voluntary.

Now that will upset a few people.

17 hours ago, onlyme said:

Yes, Texas data not good, they are doing more tests than ever but those tests also on average are catching more cases. A few prison outbreaks reported before but does not seem to be just down to those cases. What environments re driving this in summer, indoor heavily a/c reliant locations? Whatever it is that 4 day doubling time is nearing the 3 day rate sen at the height of April time spread in various countries - suppose well find out now whether lockdowns were what squashed down those figures or the virus filled out on its own thanks to widespread unseen transmission and background and immunity/low/zero response to exposure.

Texas was very hot when I went last summer.  People were inside with the air-con on to escape the heat.  Air-con Could well be a factor affecting infections there. 

2 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

They are using a picture of Leicester city centre that includes a tower I always thought resembled a prison watch tower when I walked past it. Maybe they will use it as such. 

Lockdown-MAP-Leicester-lockdown-2544406.

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

All travel to and from Pakistan should be on condition of 1 months quarantine in a detention centre and being the voluntary subject of vaccine trials, all bed & board included.

You have to volunteer for the trial before you get on the plane, otherwise it wouldn't be voluntary.

Now that will upset a few people.

But not in a Scottish hotel.

3 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

They are using a picture of Leicester city centre that includes a tower I always thought resembled a prison watch tower when I walked past it. Maybe they will use it as such. 

Lockdown-MAP-Leicester-lockdown-2544406.

Great to see the fancy paving they installed at great expense 10 years being looked after so well too.

14 minutes ago, Panther said:

Just had another chat with my A&E nurse neighbour (regional hospital, A&E is corona only). She says there has been a big increase in admissions recently. This is not one of the places on the longer lockdown list.

Does that mean we have to start clapping again?

On 29/06/2020 at 18:21, Hopeful said:

My money is on lockdown, rather than transmission. Lockdown was an unprecedented response to a virus and will have denied the virus (and other diseases) access to hosts. that will significantly depress infection and then that will depress transmission.

I won't be going in any indoor places. I wouldn't be using pubs, cinemas, theatres, gyms, swimming pools, wedding recpetions etc, none of these are necesary.

It depends on what one calls living..live a real life ,  or hide away and live a life that is dead already .

Edited by Gin

4 minutes ago, Gin said:

It depends on what one calls living..live a real life ,  or hide away and live a life that is dead already .

I shoould have said, none are necessary to me.  Each to their own. I still think I have a real life. I would still consider appearing as a speaker on a stage infront of a large audience of many 100s as low risk as i just wouldn't mingle afterwards.

I'm working on the GF to give up work. While we lose the additional profit from her work, we'd only be down by £20k from where we are now until she would retire in 8 years, so it's hardly worth working those 8 years - we might as well live that life. Mind you, I've been pushing for this for a couple of years. Covid19 might just give me that extra persuasion I need and help me live a little more. I just need to work out how to travel and here, I might need to be creative.

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I'm working on the GF to give up work. While we lose the additional profit from her work, we'd only be down by £20k from where we are now until she would retire in 8 years, so it's hardly worth working those 8 years - we might as well live that life. Mind you, I've been pushing for this for a couple of years. Covid19 might just give me that extra persuasion I need and help me live a little more. I just need to work out how to travel and here, I might need to be creative.

Think a lot of people will be making some changes to their plans. Top of the list won't be spending more time at work.

6 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Think a lot of people will be making some changes to their plans. Top of the list won't be spending more time at work.

It's always been my plan, I've just been frustrated

I think tbh it's because the GF i) gets more job satisfaction at work than at home and ii) she knows she'll be knackered keeping up with me as we'll be outdoors most of the time. Work is her break!

Still, there could be a covid19 silver lining - So I'm working on the fear. It's her b'day next week. Her present is 240 Vit D / K2 tablets. She can't say that's not thoughtful.

Still, one year she commented I'd never bought her flowers, so for Valientine's Day I got her a cauliflower. It was a size 4 and, for anyone that knows cauliflowers, that's an impressive bloom.

Edited by Hopeful

16 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

It's always been my plan, I've just been frustrated

I think tbh it's because the GF i) gets more job satisfaction at work than at home and ii) she knows she'll be knackered keeping up with me as we'll be outdoors most of the time. Work is her break!

Still, there could be a covid19 silver lining - So I'm working on the fear. It's her b'day next week. Her present is 240 Vit D / K2 tablets. She can't say that's not thoughtful.

Still, one year she commented I'd never bought her flowers, so for Valientine's Day I got her a cauliflower. It was a size 4 and, for anyone that knows cauliflowers, that's an impressive bloom.

Don Juan here :D

9 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Wakefield, but no Bradford or Huddersfield? 

Don't think there is any common factor other than people. 

BLM marches, folk going to the Beech, Liverpool "fans" celebrating. All cunts. 

Exactly what I thought but I added Dewsbury in the no's