DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus April onwards 2020 (Part 3)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To paraphrase my 17 year old over dinner... They cancelled my passing out parade. They cancelled AGI They cancelled leavers' ball They cancelled my car driving test. They canc

Latest report from DvR. Her endoscopy unit, now turned into a covid-19 ward, has 60 positive testing patients in at the moment, up from 10, 3 days ago on Monday. She's very tired after lots of long sh

But there is an alternative that doesn't need to lead to the doom and gloom of  an even more controlled future that your post foresees. It requires taking charge of the situation and not being re

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, dgul said:

Really appreciate it when people take the time to post a salient quote along with a link.  Thanks.

Edited by Harley

Video posted by Chewing Grass near the end of Part 2. 

It's a laugh, it's a farce.  If only it wasn't so serious.

Those politicians around the world who said it was safe to gather in large crowds should be held to account.

It's quite clear from the science that most if not all of the viruses are spread in aerosol and on surfaces - it's an established and well published fact that even politicians could check for themselves before speaking out on the subject so adamantly and it would be highly unlikely that any professional medical adviser would say anything different to them on the subject.

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

Why is it that I always find myself nodding in agreement with everything that that madman David Icke has to say?

Indeed.

Everything is so crooked and corrupt I'm now not even convinced that there's any significant difference between the various coronaviruses and especially between SARS-1 and SARS-2. 

I question whether there's any need for a different vaccine to cater for the so called different jargonised name types of normal flu.  I know the official justification is a different vaccine has to be developed by the pharmas every year because of changes in the prevalent flus and people have generally accepted that reasoning.  I question that now - is it all just yet another scam.

If the malaria drug can work across many viruses why cant the vaccines.

I also question whether those elderly people most seriously affected had had normal flu vaccinations.  Is it possible that those most affected didn't have the normal flu vaccination.  Of course younger people often don't have the flu jab at all as they have more resistance. 

What is the  correlation between not taking the standard flu jab with being seriously affected by SARS-2.

Edited by twocents
4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Aircraft carriers are the new cruise ships.

Captain of USS Theodore Roosevelt writes open letter asking facilities to be set up on shore in San Francisco so that 100 infected sailors can be off-loaded and treated outside of the cramped conditions aboard the carrier.

As a Carnival shareholder, I wish they would pay top dollar for cruise ships to become aircraft carriers!

6 hours ago, dgul said:

It is weird, isn't it.

If I, in early March, had stated that it was nothing and that people should just ignore it as it wouldn't kill them, I'd have been guilty of spreading misinformation and could be 'punished'.  Yet S. Khan said that and everyone ignores his mistake -- oh, a mistake that actually will have resulted in more deaths, unlike anything I have said.

Yet mentioning the strange disease in China in January and at that point suggesting it would ravage the UK and kill many many people would also have been the spreading of misinformation and panic, and could also have resulted in 'punishment'.

#fakenews

The media companies have been suppressing posts, demonetising any videos mentioning "it". I had a linked in post disappear, cannot think why. :ph34r:

There is a lot being left unsaid about the China Virus in the media.

13 minutes ago, onlyme said:

The media companies have been suppressing posts, demonetising any videos mentioning "it". I had a linked in post disappear, cannot think why. :ph34r:

There is a lot being left unsaid about the China Virus in the media.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-anger-is-growing-at-china-over-covid-19-and-its-apparent-cover-up-attempt-11966539

It looks like our "free press" have been authorised to run critical stories about the Chinese cover up.

It is time to cut them adrift like Iran and North Korea.

3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-anger-is-growing-at-china-over-covid-19-and-its-apparent-cover-up-attempt-11966539

It looks like our "free press" have been authorised to run critical stories about the Chinese cover up.

It is time to cut them adrift like Iran and North Korea.

I think it's more about governments trying to exercise their teflon shoulders at this stage.

I got the impression the Chinese local government tried to cover it up because they didn't believe it was a real threat at first,  they thought it was just a few doctors causing a panic with some scare stories.  Since they realised it wasn't (and quite quickly),  the Chinese moved pretty quickly to wipe it out.

In the West we have known about it for much longer than China,  because we have watched it unfold there and slowly travel the globe.. yet our response has been far less coordinated or effective.  So now it's a blame game...  we want to blame China.  Well,  Ok.   But China aren't the only ones who come into contact with animals.  Swine flu didn't start in China,  it started in the West.  

Instead of play a blame game it would be much more helpful to use this opportunity to agree a global strategy for dealing with viral threats for when the next much more serious one arrives with far higher mortality rates..  regardless where it originates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52115584

Trump knows what’s coming.

There was no sugar-coating it this time. No optimistic talk of miracle cures or Easter-time business re-openings. 

There was just the cold, hard reality of the facts on the ground.

"I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead," a grave-faced Donald Trump said in his Tuesday afternoon press conference. 

"This is going to be a very, very painful two weeks."

How painful? When the president was asked how many Americans are currently projected to die from the virus given even the current mitigation efforts, he said it was better if his medical experts responded.

The number of deaths, based on current projections, is between 100,000 and 200,000. On 15 April, for instance, 2,214 Americans are expected to die.

"No-one is denying that we're going through a very, very difficult time," said Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "That's what it is."

The president tried to frame this news as best he could, noting that the projections for US casualties if the government had done nothing were in the millions.

"A lot of people were saying think of it as the flu, but it's not the flu," he said. "It's vicious."

Of course, it was just a week ago the president himself was making exactly such comparisons, noting that the early fatality numbers were much less than those from the flu or even automobile accidents.

"We lose thousands of people a year to the flu," he said then. "We never turn the country off."

Now, however, the seriousness of the situation has hit home. 

He spoke of checking in on a friend who was in the hospital with the virus - "a little older, and he's heavy, but he's tough person" - only to find out he was now in a coma.

"I spoke to some of my friends, and they can't believe what they're seeing,"

Just days after attacking Democratic Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, mocking her name and calling her incompetent on Twitter, the president said he had a "really great conversation" with her and detailed the support the federal government was providing her state.

Last Friday, he had suggested that if state leaders were not "appreciative" of him, he wouldn't talk to them.

On Tuesday, he recounted conversations with Democratic governors in California and Louisiana.

The new call from the White House was to continue the current mitigation efforts for an additional 30 days; that even if things go from bad to worse in the weeks to come, the efforts will pay off. 

It will, however, be a long, slow grind.

"There's no magic bullet," said Dr Deborah Birx, one of the experts on the US taskforce,. 

"There's no magic vaccine or therapy. Just behaviours," she said.

0D8FFDCC-8F17-45A8-8CFE-FD2937683606.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I think it's more about governments trying to exercise their teflon shoulders at this stage.

I got the impression the Chinese local government tried to cover it up because they didn't believe it was a real threat at first,  they thought it was just a few doctors causing a panic with some scare stories.  Since they realised it wasn't (and quite quickly),  the Chinese moved pretty quickly to wipe it out.

In the West we have known about it for much longer than China,  because we have watched it unfold there and slowly travel the globe.. yet our response has been far less coordinated or effective.  So now it's a blame game...  we want to blame China.  Well,  Ok.   But China aren't the only ones who come into contact with animals.  Swine flu didn't start in China,  it started in the West.  

Instead of play a blame game it would be much more helpful to use this opportunity to agree a global strategy for dealing with viral threats for when the next much more serious one arrives with far higher mortality rates..  regardless where it originates.

The Chinese love of exotic animals is very conducive for a virus to make the the jump into humans they are 100% to blame for this and it will happen again and again unless they cease their cruel and unusual eating habits.

The odds of a disease jumping from animals to humans in the West are far lower than in China.

Edited by M S E Refugee
3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The Chinese love of exotic animals is very conducive for a virus to make the the jump into humans they are 100% to blame for this and it will happen again and again unless the cease their cruel and unusual eating habits.

The odds of a disease jumping from animals to humans in the West are far lower than in China.

We have all sorts of exotic pets etc in the west.  Swine flu came from pigs in North America.

The Chinese may have more contact,  but it certainly isn’t unique to them.  

I think people will just use this as a justification for their revulsion at the eating habits of the Chinese.  I’m just not sure that’s helpful.  It won’t stop another future outbreak from happening.

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

We have all sorts of exotic pets etc in the west.  Swine flu came from pigs in North America.

The Chinese may have more contact,  but it certainly isn’t unique to them.  

I think people will just use this as a justification for their revulsion at the eating habits of the Chinese.  I’m just not sure that’s helpful.  It won’t stop another future outbreak from happening.

https://www.bats.org.uk/about-bats/bats-and-disease/bats-and-viruses

I think it would be very helpful if they stopped eating bushmeat, as you can read in this link it really isn't a good idea to eat Bats.

10 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Hyperinflation Returns to Zimbabwe, 70% Interest Rate and 230 ...

I can see the contactless limit increasing a few more times yet.

Well, £45 would have covered my Lidl weekly shop without booze impulse purchases or stocking up. It already barely covers bread milk and a packet of sausages type shopping trips at the likes of Sainsbury’s M&S or Waitrose.

6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Aircraft carriers are the new cruise ships.

Captain of USS Theodore Roosevelt writes open letter asking facilities to be set up on shore in San Francisco so that 100 infected sailors can be off-loaded and treated outside of the cramped conditions aboard the carrier.

A year or two ago I visited the USS Midway in San Diego. You wouldn’t believe how cramped those fuckers are, even with nobody on them. Starship Enterprise they aren’t. I reckon prisoners get more space and better facilities.

11 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Interesting article

https://www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk/news/cambridge-virologist-explains-what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-covid-19-9104220/?fbclid=IwAR32Q-3pIdWMAhKRh9yZMMpxpAlKtMEbmS4CZ9K3jcX4tT2Nikb9cFqFQvg

Can you relapse after recovering from the virus?

That doesn’t happen with these respiratory viruses. The symptoms that drag on are your body’s response to the virus, but the virus is gone after a few days. I take great umbrage at the lengths of time you are meant to be infectious for because it is just not true. Nine days is nonsense. You don’t excrete a live virus that long.

Does seem to make sense.  I do wonder why the hell China advertising the measures they are taking.  In particular there is a YouTube collection of videos detailing one nurses experiences getting infected and recovering.  Iirc she was hospitalised for something like 40 days (after being at home before being looked after by partner). Then onto half way house after 40 days hospital for another few weeks.

The film makers etc are blatantly an approved source of info from China... Do wonder now if they are trying to rub salt in the wounds make it seem more infectious etc to the wider Western public?

32 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

https://www.bats.org.uk/about-bats/bats-and-disease/bats-and-viruses

I think it would be very helpful if they stopped eating bushmeat, as you can read in this link it really isn't a good idea to eat Bats.

Bats do seem to be particularly bad for it, can’t disagree with that.  

13 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Let’s have a look at the track record

1918 Flu - almost certainly brought to Europe by Chinese Labour battalions in the latter stages of the Great War.

1957 - Asian Flu 

1968 - Hong King Flu 

2003 -Sars

2019-20 -SARS-Cov-2

I think we have a bit of a smoking gun here.

You can not get much more unhygienic places than India or parts of the Middle East but these zoonotic diseases rarely start in these countries because of the religious dietary laws. They nearly all start in China and Africa because of people eating wild life that are repositories of infection. 

Selective list..  but yes, those examples originated in Asia.  There are others that didn’t.

My point is that it is almost inevitable that something else will come along eventually.  Blaming China won’t stop that,  even if it might delay the next outbreak by a few years.  

• spunko changed the title to Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus April onwards 2020 (Part 3)
  • spunko unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic