• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Ginger

Recommended Posts

If you try to take a rational view..  most of the overreaching PC bullshit is just the states reaction to fears about racial integration and social cohesion because we are living in a time of unprecedented travel and social movement.

My guess is society will "grow out" of most of it fairly soon as people get increasingly fed up with language sensorship.

I think things will revert to the "good old days" when the English / Irish / Scottish / Welsh could all take the piss out of each other and use all sorts of derogatory language knowing it was all taken in relatively good humour.   I think other groups will eventually be included in this sort of banter rather than being isolated by the SJW types.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good on him.

Although I'm quite distressed at seeing the Wiggles again - I thought I'd escaped this sort of nonsense now that my kids are approaching pre-teen years!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JFK said:

Good on him.

Although I'm quite distressed at seeing the Wiggles again - I thought I'd escaped this sort of nonsense now that my kids are approaching pre-teen years!!!!

You're not alone. It's got worse. I could just about stand the Star Trek landing party Wiggles with guitars but that ballet bird is unwatchable.

wiggles.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

You're not alone. It's got worse. I could just about stand the Star Trek landing party Wiggles with guitars but that ballet bird is unwatchable.

wiggles.jpg

I saw a mention of the new Wiggles line up on some news site, apparently they're playing the UK or something, so of course curiosity got the better of me and I went down teh rabbit hole of the wiggles line up, reading up on wiki what had happened to the rest of them. Jesus wept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrPin said:

No, GInger jokes are there because we can't tell Irish, and Paki jokes any more.

Although Australians are fair game to be lampooned as uncouth hoons.:CryBaby:

It is odd that Irish jokes are frowned on now, but the Welsh are still sheep fuckers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It is odd that Irish jokes are frowned on now, but the Welsh are still sheep fuckers.

What I find really odd, is that Irish jokes literally aren't funny any more (while Welsh/Ginger ones are. Mildly). It's amazing the effect fashion, or social pressure or whatever has on us. we need someone to mock, and it has to be the same someone as everyone else is mocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

What I find really odd, is that Irish jokes literally aren't funny any more (while Welsh/Ginger ones are. Mildly). It's amazing the effect fashion, or social pressure or whatever has on us. we need someone to mock, and it has to be the same someone as everyone else is mocking.

Indeed. I always find Samoans an easy target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JFK said:

I saw a mention of the new Wiggles line up on some news site, apparently they're playing the UK or something, so of course curiosity got the better of me and I went down teh rabbit hole of the wiggles line up, reading up on wiki what had happened to the rest of them. Jesus wept.

Nothing trivial, I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fischer said:

Nothing trivial, I hope.

IIRC They made an absolute fortune - whilst seriously pissing off every adult in the English speaking world.

Fair play to them. Blair did the same I think.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.