DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

iPhone won’t connect to WiFi

Mirror Mirror

Question

Mirror Mirror

Hi, We have a couple of iPhones and iPads in the house and since yesterday my iPhone won’t connect to the house WiFi. 

Tried turning it and the router off and on again but the best it will do is find the network, and show the little 3 arcs symbol very briefly (1/2 second) before it drops out again.

The other Apple devices connect no problem, and I’ve not yet tried the phone on another known network (not so easy at the present time).

Any ideas, please?

3 answers to this question

swiss_democracy_for_all
On 01/04/2020 at 15:35, Mirror Mirror said:

Hi, We have a couple of iPhones and iPads in the house and since yesterday my iPhone won’t connect to the house WiFi. 

Tried turning it and the router off and on again but the best it will do is find the network, and show the little 3 arcs symbol very briefly (1/2 second) before it drops out again.

The other Apple devices connect no problem, and I’ve not yet tried the phone on another known network (not so easy at the present time).

Any ideas, please?

I had to hunt for a solution on the internet to solve a WiFi issue for the missus’s Mac Air. It involved navigating to and clearing some system files then restarting machine and router, but worked well and only took me a few minutes to find once I started properly looking.  You’ll probably have to do something similar for your phone, IME Apple gear is ok but is subject to this kind of irritation especially if you upgrade the OS. 

• Agree 1

On 01/04/2020 at 15:35, Mirror Mirror said:

Any ideas, please?

You are wrong, it's the WiFi that won't connect to your phone.

Apple are perfect in every way and never go wrong.

Sent from my android phone.

I hate apple.

• Lol 1