• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Shamone

Empty Streets

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes I rarely see people when I'm out my walk. I can only assume that most people don't feel the need to leave the house for the sake of exercise and are just staying in for days on end.

I still can't work out if people will come out thinner or even fatter in a few weeks. 

Anyway, paths not quiet here as I'm by the river, but this is my path I've seen no-one on yet in eight walks 

_20200402_185545.JPG

9 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Where are all the people? It's like that episode out of the original Twilight Zone where that guy goes nuts wandering around the empty American town. 

DSCN5455.JPG

DSCN5457.JPG

Maybe it is the twilight zone and you are in it? 🙄

14 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Where are all the people? It's like that episode out of the original Twilight Zone where that guy goes nuts wandering around the empty American town. 

DSCN5455.JPG

DSCN5457.JPG

Haven't you heard? There's a lockdown due to a batvirus.

I was at the local country park around midday and it was weekend busy.

15 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I still can't work out if people will come out thinner or even fatter in a few weeks. 

Anyway, paths not quiet here as I'm by the river, but this is my path I've seen no-one on yet in eight walks 

_20200402_185545.JPG

My husband and I have both lost weight.

I’d love to set off in my campervan and travel around the country to photograph/video the city’s, towns, villages, hamlets and isolated rural areas in the uk in current times. Lots of recorded interviews with everyday random people I encounter would be good too. 

It would be a great project to document the impact of the corona virus in the U.K.....an advanced modern society!

I’m feeling really motivated at the possibility of maybe compiling a useful record for the future........oh wait.....I’m not allowed to leave home unless it’s deemed an essential journey!

34 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes I rarely see people when I'm out my walk. I can only assume that most people don't feel the need to leave the house for the sake of exercise and are just staying in for days on end.

Very few people walk routinely in my experience. I have at least one walk a day anyway, usually after 8pm but I do vary it. I see a small handful of other people out and about usually. Now, 1-2 only but not much difference. The noticeable thing at the moment for me is the traffic, not the number of pedestrians. I live on an estate where there must be a population of at least 3000 or so. So nothing has changed for the vast majority in terms of their walking habits, they didn't walk before and they aren't walking now. Otherwise I'd see them. I presume a healthy number in my yuppy part of the world are regular gym goers for their exercise fix and can't comprehend that you could possibly exercise for free on the streets. Personally I would literally go insane if I couldn't stretch my legs at least once a day. I am expecting to be reported to be honest because my entire block of apartments seems to be on total lockdown. I've literally seen no-one come or go. 

48 minutes ago, Shamone said:

DSCN5455.JPG

DSCN5457.JPG

Where is that?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Very few people walk routinely in my experience. I have at least one walk a day anyway, usually after 8pm but I do vary it. I see a small handful of other people out and about usually. Now, 1-2 only but not much difference. The noticeable thing at the moment for me is the traffic, not the number of pedestrians. I live on an estate where there must be a population of at least 3000 or so. So nothing has changed for the vast majority in terms of their walking habits, they didn't walk before and they aren't walking now. Otherwise I'd see them. I presume a healthy number in my yuppy part of the world are regular gym goers for their exercise fix and can't comprehend that you could possibly exercise for free on the streets. Personally I would literally go insane if I couldn't stretch my legs at least once a day. I am expecting to be reported to be honest because my entire block of apartments seems to be on total lockdown. I've literally seen no-one come or go.

I'd guess I normally walk about 3 miles a day on average before the lockdown - walking to work and back, out at lunch, walk to the shops ect....so when I get out on my single daily walk now I'm like a fucking coiled spring - I need to walk very brisk for at least half an hour to make up for the fact that I'm otherwise sedentary - then when I get back to my flat I'm walking briskly up 5 flights of stairs two steps at a time to my flat.

Then an hour or so later I did my weight training exercise with dumbells/suspension trainer.

I'm still full of energy and could go for another walk.

The idea of just sitting in all fucking day, day after day, is ridiculous to me. Sounds like hell. And I don't consider myself an especially 'fit' or 'in shape' person.

Edited by JoeDavola

7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'd guess I normally walk about 3 miles a day on average before the lockdown - walking to work and back, out at lunch, walk to the shops ect....so when I get out on my single daily walk now I'm like a fucking coiled spring - I need to walk very brisk for at least half an hour to make up for the fact that I'm otherwise sedentary - then when I get back to my flat I'm walking briskly up 5 flights of stairs two steps at a time to my flat.

Then an hour or so later I did my weight training exercise with dumbells/suspension trainer.

I'm still full of energy and could go for another walk.

The idea of just sitting in all fucking day, day after day, is ridiculous to me. Sounds like hell. And I don't consider myself an especially 'fit' or 'in shape' person.

You could jack off for a few hours as well? Sure you'd still be getting more done than your other work colleagues? Jacking off on the company clock...

Just now, SillyBilly said:

You could jack off for a few hours as well? Sure you'd still be getting more done than your other work colleagues? Jacking off on the company clock...

Haha as I was typing all that out the thought did occur to me "this looks to me like the actions of a man who should be emptying his sack more frequently".

Good idea, I'll have a work wank tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

It's great.  No road noise and just bird song everywhere.

Being on both the Gatwick and occasionally the Heathrow flight path it’s great to hear the birds again.

16 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone
I'm driving by your house
Though I know you're not home

Keats? Tennyson?

:D

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I've lost 3 pounds. No sugar products in the house. I am lean due to all the cycling I used to do.

I am currently lying in my bed wearing a face mask to see how long I can wear it not doing anything. 27 minutes so far.

No. That's just more kinky dressing up stuff.

Edited by MrPin

Just now, MrPin said:

No. That's just more kinky dressing up stuff.

I have a lot more respect for the ladies who wear the ball gags.

Couple of helicopters flying around my area. Just flee over my house. I can hear them not too far away now. Nothing on the radar. I feel they are for more ill people.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have a lot more respect for the ladies who wear the ball gags.

Couple of helicopters flying around my area. Just flee over my house. I can hear them not too far away now. Nothing on the radar. I feel they are for more ill people.

It's Spring. The helicopters are looking for somewhere to nest.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah, you have been to goth week too. o.O

It's Goth Week every week here.