DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

NS&I Tailored Review

Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

It's all going along swimmingly ripping savers off and employing people in India.

In the four years to 2017-18, NS&I delivered £51 billion of financing for government, saving £780 million compared with the cost of raising financing through gilts measured using the Value Indicator metric.

NS&I’s implied interest rate – across all of its products – in 2016-17 was just over 1.5% against 3% for gilts. NS&I’s net operating costs in 2017-18 were £121 million, meaning it costs just 8 pence for every £100 it raises for government; four years ago this figure was 14p, a reduction of over 40% - while the total customer deposits increased by around 50% from £106 billion to £157 billion.

The first outsourcing contract, across its lifetime (1999-2014), delivered real cash operational savings of £530 million to the taxpayer and was at the heart of NS&I’s transformation to a digital first business. The current outsourcing contract is expected to deliver a further saving of around £400 million. Atos employ circa 1,600 staff in major operational centres in Blackpool, Durham, Glasgow and Preston and circa 350 people in Chennai, India. NS&I employ circa 200 staff directly, predominantly in its London head office

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877644/20200115_Tailored_Review_of_NSI_Final_v2.pdf

Archived