Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

And it's an own goal!


spygirl
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gary Lineker wants 'patience' so players can agree cut while Gary Neville accused Hancock of 'f***ing cheek' 

 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/gary-neville-ryan-giggs-close-17945541

Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs have announced they are temporarily closing their two Manchester hotels - and offering their rooms to the NHS for free.

The Manchester United legends' GG Hospitality group is shutting Hotel Football at Old Trafford and the recently-opened Stock Exchange Hotel in the city centre from Sunday March 22, in response to the escalating coronavirus crisis.

 

Rooms for free? No such thing as a free lunch. Staff will be needed to clean rooms putting people at risk.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dgul said:

It is the stupid rules, really.

They should have said

or about £250k.  That would have left the vast majority of people unaffected, but would have ensured that fatcat bosses would have to have pulled their belts in if they wanted support, and would have stopped all this stupid situation with ultra-high earners like footballers.

You would like to think so, but I bet an awful lot of those fat-cats would simply make all the little people redundant, then re-hire who they needed later on.

In the case of football teams, would any fans stop supporting their team if they did this to their low paid staff?  I would imagine, unless they were directly impacted, that very few would.

Edited by Lipid
Added comment about future fan support.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perfect time to sequestrate the assets of these sports “stars” worldwide and return to a more gentlemanly way of playing and watching sport.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lipid said:

You would like to think so, but I bet an awful lot of those fat-cats would simply make all the little people redundant, then re-hire who they needed later on.

In the case of football teams, would any fans stop supporting their team if they did this to their low paid staff?  I would imagine, unless they were directly impacted, that very few would.

The best thing to do after all this is done is publish the support given to all companies in the UK -- people would be able to shame those companies that laid people off without taking support, and those who took support even though they didn't need it.

Anyway, I think there will be a shaming effect after all this.  The coronavirus will have an enormous ongoing effect on the country.

[far beyond this but related to it, I fear a massive resurgence in hardcore nationalist yet socialist governments around the world]

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl Fimble
2 hours ago, dgul said:

The best thing to do after all this is done is publish the support given to all companies in the UK -- people would be able to shame those companies that laid people off without taking support, and those who took support even though they didn't need it.

Anyway, I think there will be a shaming effect after all this.  The coronavirus will have an enormous ongoing effect on the country.

[far beyond this but related to it, I fear a massive resurgence in hardcore nationalist yet socialist governments around the world]

 

 

Fear??

 

Screenshot_20200403-211230.png

Edited by Carl Fimble
Formatting
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dgul said:

The best thing to do after all this is done is publish the support given to all companies in the UK -- people would be able to shame those companies that laid people off without taking support, and those who took support even though they didn't need it.

Anyway, I think there will be a shaming effect after all this.  The coronavirus will have an enormous ongoing effect on the country.

[far beyond this but related to it, I fear a massive resurgence in hardcore nationalist yet socialist governments around the world]

Sorry - shame companies for not taking government handouts? Have we gone full circle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ashestoashes

anyone fancy going to the Cayman Islands to ask for some contribution from the PFI companies ? and when are we going to get a chance to clap support for everyone involved in PFI that means our glorious NHS is what it is today ?

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Sorry - shame companies for not taking government handouts? Have we gone full circle?

Extraordinary times, etc.  If a company has laid people off with the intention of re-hiring rather than keeping them on during the hard times.

We're definitely going to have a whole new economy after all this (say at +2 yr point), but there's no point in going through a 90% unemployment stage on the way there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

M S E Refugee

We have reached peak Football, I predict that this current crop of footballers are the last generation to earn the big bucks.

If the shutdown lasts into next season many people will have found other things to do with their time as once you break the habit it is difficult to go back.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Virgil Caine
1 hour ago, M S E Refugee said:

We have reached peak Football, I predict that this current crop of footballers are the last generation to earn the big bucks.

If the shutdown lasts into next season many people will have found other things to do with their time as once you break the habit it is difficult to go back.

I think the clubs have wanted a form of wages cap for some time.

The current crisis is  playing into that long term goal.

The current resistance to any temporary pay cuts by the PFA is that the longer football is shutdown the more likely pay cuts are to become permanent.

In addition any players out of contract at the end of the month are probably going to be out on their ear.

Maybe the entire Premier League could decamp to South Korea and televise the games from there.

As with the rest of the economy whatever happens I don’t think we are going back to the previous situation.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who said footballers were stupid?

PFA says Premier League 30% pay cut plans would harm NHS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

But the union says that equates to more than £500m in wage reductions, and a loss in tax contributions of more than £200m to the UK government.

The union also questioned Health Secretary Matt Hancock's public criticism of footballers' salaries during a news conference on Thursday.

"What effect does this loss of earning to the government mean for the NHS?" the statement read. "Was this considered in the Premier League proposal and did the Health Secretary factor this in when asking players to take a salary cut?"

I agree.

Let's levy 90% tax on footballers. For the NHS...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

anyone fancy going to the Cayman Islands to ask for some contribution from the PFI companies ? and when are we going to get a chance to clap support for everyone involved in PFI that means our glorious NHS is what it is today ?

All the PFI contracts should be cancelled due to the national emergency

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Malthus said:

All the PFI contracts should be cancelled due to the national emergency

New kids hospital in Edinburgh costing £1.4 million per month. Was meant to open last July but wasn't up to standard so still shut. 

We still pay though. Scandalous. 

But where's the scandal :Old:

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome

Furlough the cunts - capped at £2,500 a month. Most football club employees have been, so why should this lot be treated differently.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unregistered_guest
5 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Furlough the cunts - capped at £2,500 a month. Most football club employees have been, so why should this lot be treated differently.

Because otherwise, all this talent will immediately leave our island to pick up lucrative contracts playing football in all those countries completely unaffected by the pandemic...

The PFA haven't really thought this through, have they?

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

The most interesting thing I have read about football in many years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52702075

Coronavirus football: FC Seoul apologises for 'sex dolls' in stands

Some of the "premium mannequins" at FC Seoul's matchImage copyrightYONHAP/AFP Image captionSome of the "premium mannequins" at FC Seoul's match

It is a challenge for sports leagues across the world - if play can only resume in empty stadiums, how can the atmosphere be improved?

However, not many clubs will be rushing to follow the example of FC Seoul.

The top-flight South Korean side has apologised after fans accused them of using sex dolls in the stands.

FC Seoul insisted they were "premium mannequins" rather than sex dolls - but did admit they came from a supplier that produces sex toys.

And some of the dolls were holding signs advertising x-rated websites - despite pornography being banned in South Korea.

The mannequins' manufacturer told the BBC they had apologised to FC Seoul. But they also reiterated that the dolls were merely "premium mannequins".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
On 04/04/2020 at 08:30, ashestoashes said:

anyone fancy going to the Cayman Islands to ask for some contribution from the PFI companies ? and when are we going to get a chance to clap support for everyone involved in PFI that means our glorious NHS is what it is today ?

Count me in. The diving there is brilliant.

Bit like the premiership. But different.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheBlueCat
On 03/04/2020 at 06:58, spygirl said:

Linekar is such a cunt he’s actually a parody of a cunt. It’s almost like that bloke who writes as Titania McGrath has killed him, taken his place and is now pretending to be 10 times more of a cunt than Linekar already is. Mathematically speaking, he’s a cuntplex.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...