• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

Back yard

Any ideas of the cheapest way of makeing this back yard slightly more child and geting wankered for adults friendly I’m not going to spend much that’s presuming I can even get anything in the current climate ie nothing’s open . Im

also guessing people will soon get skint so might sell there nice garden furniture 

F43EF2EA-2495-49D7-BE22-B90FF2339D4B.jpeg

I'd suggest some broken household appliances and maybe an old bed. Kids love playing with dangerous sharp metallic objects and adults can sit on them whilst getting shit-faced.

More seriously, don't go for artificial grass. Cleaning dog/cat/squirrel/fox/toddler poo off it is a nightmare.

Posted (edited)

Fit a V8 to the scooter, and go jousting with the broom Sir SCum of Stoke!.

1 minute ago, Happy Renting said:

Move the broom.

Bad Feng Shui, Grasshopper of the Chinese multimeter.

Edited by MrPin

7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I'd suggest some broken household appliances and maybe an old bed. Kids love playing with dangerous sharp metallic objects and adults can sit on them whilst getting shit-faced.

More seriously, don't go for artificial grass. Cleaning dog/cat/squirrel/fox/toddler poo off it is a nightmare.

Well killing ants kept him busy for 45 mins

8 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I could put him in next doors yard not seen them for a week or two

Just now, Happy Renting said:

My Chinese multimeter can measure hfe but not antibodies. And Huawawheheiwei is spying on my voltages.  What use is that?

You need a Wheatstone Bridge, but the Germans bombed most of those in the war.

27 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Any ideas of the cheapest way of makeing this back yard slightly more child and geting wankered for adults friendly I’m not going to spend much that’s presuming I can even get anything in the current climate ie nothing’s open . Im

also guessing people will soon get skint so might sell there nice garden furniture imageproxy.php?img=&key=6313d54163a54dd1

F43EF2EA-2495-49D7-BE22-B90FF2339D4B.jpeg

Move the broom and put the other chair in the sun

Just now, Happy Renting said:

Oooooh, get her, Alan fucking Titchmarsh now, are we?

White paint the walls is the only other suggestion but I thought that was a bit too much work.

I always thought "back yard" was an American term. And garden was more British. But looking at the photo I think the Americans have it right. That is closer to a builder's yard than a garden. As you were...

9 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I always thought "back yard" was an American term. And garden was more British. But looking at the photo I think the Americans have it right. That is closer to a builder's yard than a garden. As you were...

Can’t call it a garden it’s deffo a yard 

17 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

When I was a kid - this was up north - a yard was what Mr Scum has - basically small and paved - whereas a garden had grass and soil and stuff. The conventions for naming might be different down south.

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

When I was a kid - this was up north - a yard was what Mr Scum has - basically small and paved - whereas a garden had grass and soil and stuff. The conventions for naming might be different down south.

I am a midlander by birth so we were always confused. I still haven't come out since I've been down South.

Paint the walls something light and neutral and then get a load of pots and planters, could make it qute civilised. Right time of year to get everything growing. Wooden table and chairs with a parasol and a couple of benches

Are you thinknig of repaving or trying to avoid that? A dose of weedkiller and a good jetwash would help if not.

You could do a nice job relatively cheaply if you do renew it, I did some years ago in a similar space.

2 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Paint the walls something light and neutral and then get a load of pots and planters, could make it qute civilised. Right time of year to get everything growing. Wooden table and chairs with a parasol and a couple of benches

Are you thinknig of repaving or trying to avoid that? A dose of weedkiller and a good jetwash would help if not.

You could do a nice job relatively cheaply if you do renew it, I did some years ago in a similar space.

And don't forget the twigs in a pot of course.