• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Know your ally, the Brit

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

It's 45 minutes of your life you won't waste watching a Fimble video production.

And cut out that poncy French shit...

XYY

Im not wasting a moment of my life on a random video posted on here. The majority are a waste of time. Prove that this is worth my time and I will gladly watch it. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Im not wasting a moment of my life on a random video posted on here. The majority are a waste of time. Prove that this is worth my time and I will gladly watch it. 

It's not worth your time - because it does not feature any high-heeled shoes, nail-varnish, or Carmen heated rollers...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

It's not worth your time - because it does not feature any high-heeled shoes, nail-varnish, or Carmen heated rollers...

XYY

You really don’t know me at all. Those three things are the last on my list of interesting things. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

You really don’t know me at all. Those three things are the last on my list of interesting things. 

Oh I know you all right. Nigh on 42000 posts can teach you a lot about a person.

The film is made by the US military sometime around - or just after - WW2, and explains the British mentality to their soldiers, sailors and airmen in order that as our allies they can understand us and work together against common enemies.

I found it absolutely fascinating.

Had it not been, I would've turned it off after five minutes. But you're so special, you demand a précis before you'll even consider looking at it.

Perhaps you could get your butler or valet to watch it for you...?

;)

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Oh I know you all right. Nigh on 42000 posts can teach you a lot about a person.

The film is made by the US military sometime around - or just after - WW2, and explains the British mentality to their soldiers, sailors and airmen in order that as our allies they can understand us and work together against common enemies.

Had it not been, I would've turned it off after five minutes. But you're so special, you demand a précis before you'll even consider looking at it.

;)

XYY

You in bitch mode again? That time of the month? :Jumping:

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

;)

XYY

I don’t need to bother them with it, you will do it for free. :)

ta very much for the summary, very helpful 

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

You in bitch mode again? That time of the month? :Jumping:

Whisky. 

7 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

6.46 Man takes his pipe out. This is War.

Pipe smoking declined after WW2. This is true. Pipes and pipe tobacco were always sold in gun shops. This is untrue.

8 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

It's 45 minutes of your life you won't waste watching a Fimble video production.

And cut out that poncy French shit...

XYY

Metro Goldwyn Fimblewicz? He does show some odd films..

13 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Metro Goldwyn Fimblewicz? He does show some odd films..

Oh aye. 20th Century Fimble is not a studio whose output you want to watch.

Nor is that of his subsidiary, Paranoid Pictures.

And you should also steer well clear of his Wehrmacht Brothers stuff...

XYY

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

I note it calls the Allies the 'united nations'. The UN was formed after WW2.

Yes, and the 4 states it mentions are 4 of the 5 members of the UN Security Council. Missing out France. Theres a montage of flags around that point in the film - anyone see the French flag there? So I conclude it's a post ww2 propaganda film for the UN, or promoting an action in a war that the UN wanted to end. Or something...

Edited to add: but I've not watched it all.

Edited by DocH

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DocH said:

Yes, and the 4 states it mentions are 4 of the 5 members of the UN Security Council. Missing out France. Theres a montage of flags around that point in the film - anyone see the French flag there? So I conclude it's a post ww2 propaganda film for the UN, or promoting an action in a war that the UN wanted to end. Or something...

Edited to add: but I've not watched it all.

France was considered a conquered nation of no importance by the Yanks but was raised from the dead and permitted to rise again (with it’s overseas territories and hidden empire in Africa) thanks to Churchill making them see the need for a strong France(he foresaw the need to balance a resurgent Germany in a future Europe). That’s why de Gaulle hated Churchill and Britain, he knew he owed them everything, but being a prideful Frog it stuck in his throat. 

Frenchies don’t enjoy this being pointed out btw, so I only do so if they’re being annoying on a related subject. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

50 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

France was considered a conquered nation of no importance by the Yanks but was raised from the dead and permitted to rise again (with it’s overseas territories and hidden empire in Africa) thanks to Churchill making them see the need for a strong France(he foresaw the need to balance a resurgent Germany in a future Europe). That’s why de Gaulle hated Churchill and Britain, he knew he owed them everything, but being a prideful Frog it stuck in his throat. 

Frenchies don’t enjoy this being pointed out btw, so I only do so if they’re being annoying on a related subject. 

Thanks. From that, one could presumably date the film to quite a good degree of accuracy.