Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The fate of Boris


AlfredTheLittle
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Sounds like it isn’t a “mild case”.

Which I suspect means you are right.  I hope he’s ok..  we really don’t want to lose Boris,  he’s the man of the hour in our time of national need :(

He's now in the 10% or so of cases that are hospitalized. Of those, this is as good a breakdown of any as to what state they're in:

Hospitalizations    
Number of patients hospitalized with COVID-196 523 N/A
Number of patients in ICU7 with COVID-19 200 N/A
Number of patients in ICU7 on a ventilator with COVID-19 154 N/A

 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus

So he now has a something like 70% chance of ending up in the ICU and a 30% chance of ending up on a ventilator. That being said, 50% of people survive the ventilator stage so he's still got a decent chance of coming out of this alive.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

Doesnt this impact negatively on your outcome from contracting CV?  Poor bugger. 

My opinion is that being overweight is a general negative for avoiding illness.

I agree with @stokiescumthat Boris looks like a heart attack candidate. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

longtomsilver
4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

He's now in the 10% or so of cases that are hospitalized. Of those, this is as good a breakdown of any as to what state they're in:

Hospitalizations    
Number of patients hospitalized with COVID-196 523 N/A
Number of patients in ICU7 with COVID-19 200 N/A
Number of patients in ICU7 on a ventilator with COVID-19 154 N/A

 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus

So he now has a something like 70% chance of ending up in the ICU and a 30% chance of ending up on a ventilator. That being said, 50% of people survive the ventilator stage so he's still got a decent chance of coming out of this alive.

What tools don't they have on Downing Street that they have in hospital? He's PM so I'd be very surprised if they didn't have an ICU to cover things from attempts on his life through to pneumonia. IMO his odds have shortened.

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro

The official facts are Mr J has been admitted to hospital for an overnight stay and routine tests. So it's not as if he's been rushed into intensive care.

  • Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, longtomsilver said:

What tools don't they have on Downing Street that they have in hospital? He's PM so I'd be very surprised if they didn't have an ICU to cover things from attempts on his life through to pneumonia. IMO his odds have shortened.

I'm thinking he is the same age as me and if this virus doesn't go away how can it be safe for me to return to work.

In our elf'n'safety obsessed country it would almost be criminally negligent for any employer to as anyone over 55 to return to work.

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

The official facts are Mr J has been admitted to hospital for an overnight stay and routine tests. So it's not as if he's been rushed into intensive care.

Depends if they let him out tomorrow...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, longtomsilver said:

What tools don't they have on Downing Street that they have in hospital? He's PM so I'd be very surprised if they didn't have an ICU to cover things from attempts on his life through to pneumonia. IMO his odds have shortened.

I didn't think Downing Street had much? Well, not a full ICU with all the kit anyway. I recall something about the MoD having a nuclear bunker somewhere nearby - if that's still there it may have ICU facilities I guess. Either way though, if I was Boris, I'd want to be in a big NHS teaching hospital not some grotty room with a couple of out of practise specialists in diseases of the rich.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

longtomsilver
3 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The official facts are Mr J has been admitted to hospital for an overnight stay and routine tests. So it's not as if he's been rushed into intensive care.

That's what they don't have... CT scanner!!!

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The official facts are Mr J has been admitted to hospital for an overnight stay and routine tests. So it's not as if he's been rushed into intensive care.

If you really believe he has been taken in for tests. What tests would these be exactly?  He has already been supposedly tested for CV. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro
1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

I'm thinking he is the same age as me and if this virus doesn't go away how can it be safe for me to return to work.

In our elf'n'safety obsessed country it would almost be criminally negligent for any employer to as anyone over 55 to return to work.

Depends if they let him out tomorrow...

 

Just now, longtomsilver said:

That's what they don't have... CT scanner!!!

That was my thought. If he is showing some sort of viral symptoms they may want to rule out something like a brain tumour, haemorrhage etc. I was recommended for a CT scan when I came down with a mystery viral illness a few years ago, when I asked why they said sometimes a tumour can cause similar symptoms. In the end I never had it as I got better a couple of weeks later, but obviously the PM would not be on a waiting list for that kind of thing. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Masked Tulip

Presumably they could have put him on a drip to get his temp down. But perhaps they are using some very powerful drugs and hence want him in so he can be monitored just in case it goes downhill sharpish.

It makes me worry reading about Boris as I keep having bouts of extreme aching in my muscles. But then I am not important.

The temp thing is interesting though. Dr. John tells us that a temp is the sign that the body is trying to create the antibodies to fight the virus. It is always a difficult decision for docs whether they let a temp rip or use drugs to bring it down.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

That's what they don't have... CT scanner!!!

Good point. Pretty much the gold standard diagnostic tool for pneumonia I believe. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

If you really believe he has been taken in for tests. What tests would these be exactly?  He has already been supposedly tested for CV. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pneumonia/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354210

If pneumonia is suspected, your doctor may recommend the following tests:

 
  • Blood tests. Blood tests are used to confirm an infection and to try to identify the type of organism causing the infection. However, precise identification isn't always possible.
  • Chest X-ray. This helps your doctor diagnose pneumonia and determine the extent and location of the infection. However, it can't tell your doctor what kind of germ is causing the pneumonia.
  • Pulse oximetry. This measures the oxygen level in your blood. Pneumonia can prevent your lungs from moving enough oxygen into your bloodstream.
  • Sputum test. A sample of fluid from your lungs (sputum) is taken after a deep cough and analyzed to help pinpoint the cause of the infection.

Your doctor might order additional tests if you're older than age 65, are in the hospital, or have serious symptoms or health conditions. These may include:

  • CT scan. If your pneumonia isn't clearing as quickly as expected, your doctor may recommend a chest CT scan to obtain a more detailed image of your lungs.
  • Pleural fluid culture. A fluid sample is taken by putting a needle between your ribs from the pleural area and analyzed to help determine the type of infection.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, One percent said:

If you really believe he has been taken in for tests. What tests would these be exactly?  He has already been supposedly tested for CV. 

 

As @Long John Silver just said - CT scanner, x-rays. They will want to look at his lungs. Get him on some powerful drugs IV in order to get the temp down. Sepsis will be a concern I suspect.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

Good point. Pretty much the gold standard diagnostic tool for pneumonia I believe. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pneumonia/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354210

If pneumonia is suspected, your doctor may recommend the following tests:

 
  • Blood tests. Blood tests are used to confirm an infection and to try to identify the type of organism causing the infection. However, precise identification isn't always possible.
  • Chest X-ray. This helps your doctor diagnose pneumonia and determine the extent and location of the infection. However, it can't tell your doctor what kind of germ is causing the pneumonia.
  • Pulse oximetry. This measures the oxygen level in your blood. Pneumonia can prevent your lungs from moving enough oxygen into your bloodstream.
  • Sputum test. A sample of fluid from your lungs (sputum) is taken after a deep cough and analyzed to help pinpoint the cause of the infection.

Your doctor might order additional tests if you're older than age 65, are in the hospital, or have serious symptoms or health conditions. These may include:

  • CT scan. If your pneumonia isn't clearing as quickly as expected, your doctor may recommend a chest CT scan to obtain a more detailed image of your lungs.
  • Pleural fluid culture. A fluid sample is taken by putting a needle between your ribs from the pleural area and analyzed to help determine the type of infection.

Fair but we have already been told that it is CV 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

man o' the year
13 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

What tools don't they have on Downing Street that they have in hospital? He's PM so I'd be very surprised if they didn't have an ICU to cover things from attempts on his life through to pneumonia. IMO his odds have shortened.

Chest X ray would be priority I am guessing.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

As @Long John Silver just said - CT scanner, x-rays. They will want to look at his lungs. Get him on some powerful drugs IV in order to get the temp down. Sepsis will be a concern I suspect.

So, it’s not just tests. Im just trying to point out the hypocrisy in their narrative. He has been admitted becase he is seriously ill from CV. Why not just say that?  

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Fair but we have already been told that it is CV 

They won't know exactly how its affecting him though. It could be he has pneumonia but it's also possible it's causing other problems too. I mean clearly they aren't going to admit him to hospital and do no tests at all!

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The official facts are Mr J has been admitted to hospital for an overnight stay and routine tests. So it's not as if he's been rushed into intensive care.

Indeed..  if he wasn't PM I'm sure he wouldn't be in hospital,  but I expect he has got "the lung thing",  which means they are probably scanning them to see how far the infection has spread.  Just routine monitoring at this stage..  I'm sure he will be fine. I hope he will be fine.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

So, it’s not just tests. Im just trying to point out the hypocrisy in their narrative. He has been admitted becase he is seriously ill from CV. Why not just say that?  

He's gone in for an xray with suspected pneumonia for tests. Poor sod. Just as the country was on its knees.. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all

What a state the nation is in, when Posher McTrougher is the best option (from the limited choice among the head honchos in the Conservatives) we have to lead us so we have to worry about his welfare. :S

Edit : Ten days after initial symptoms is right in the zone when Covid19 turns nasty for those it's going to turn nasty for. I'd be scared if I was him.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

man o' the year

Theo Usherwood said of his treatemnt "In short, the team who treated me needed time and space to come up with a combination of drugs to successfully fight the infection. They were a bit like code-breakers. " I should imagine this type of medical detective type work is only possible in hospital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod

I wonder if he is regretting making no serious attempt at containment, while it was still possible.

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
10 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

They won't know exactly how its affecting him though. It could be he has pneumonia but it's also possible it's causing other problems too. I mean clearly they aren't going to admit him to hospital and do no tests at all!

Agreed but neither are they going to admit him if he’s not seriously ill 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...