• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Mice n Men

Recommended Posts

Todays headline put in in mind of an area thats been a constant annoyance  for me.

Planning

Rolls-Royce set to ditch targets and suspend dividend

Grounding of aircraft around world because of coronavirus takes toll on UK aero-engine maker

https://www.ft.com/content/fdc2184e-4d21-4820-8c77-8e40e5cb5fb2

Relatively quick, high level plans are good. They help frame the work and work out where issues and effort are required.

However, once orgs start iterating beyond that initial plan, spending more n more time, then the plan becomes a massive time sink and work avoidance scheme.

And, no matter how time is spent on planning, outside stuff changes, making the plan useless.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-30/aston-martin-may-need-more-cash-after-bailout-by-billionaire

Aston Martin May Need More Cash Even After Bailout by Billionaire

 

Semi related....

Listed roughly at small time as Amigo loans.

Similar share price graph - down. A lot.

How in fuck can these turds be listed. Need a lemon law where the underwriter must offer to stock back at 30%. 

Itd be nice to see a chart if all listing in last 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2020 at 16:38, spunko said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-30/aston-martin-may-need-more-cash-after-bailout-by-billionaire

Aston Martin May Need More Cash Even After Bailout by Billionaire

 

Semi related....

I bought one share at 60p just of the lulz, it went down to 40p and gained back to 53 or so,

They started cratering right off the bat with their initial flotation of 5 Bil, clearly overvalued. How are flotations calculated anyways?

Any hope for AML left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, No One said:

I bought one share at 60p just of the lulz, it went down to 40p and gained back to 53 or so,

They started cratering right off the bat with their initial flotation of 5 Bil, clearly overvalued. How are flotations calculated anyways?

Any hope for AML left?

If you read the Pistonheads AML stock market listing thread, it reads like a cult, a bunch of people telling people it won't go down because they are desirable etc. It's dropped by about 80%...

I think they will go bust. A billionaire owner isn't enough to shore it up.

Shame because they are rather nice, just too expensive in the previous economy, so definitely too expensive now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, spunko said:

If you read the Pistonheads AML stock market listing thread, it reads like a cult, a bunch of people telling people it won't go down because they are desirable etc. It's dropped by about 80%...

I think they will go bust. A billionaire owner isn't enough to shore it up.

Shame because they are rather nice, just too expensive in the previous economy, so definitely too expensive now.

I half watched Spectre on itv2 the other night.

Nice car. But no way is a lagr, low volume car going to be worth buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=70&t=1864652

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It's hard to ignore. Especially with the new DBX on the horizon.

My only worry is looking over the last 2 years they've steadily been declining from 1600p down to 500-600p for a while then down to 63p.

I'm tempted to maybe do a couple hundred now and leave some spare for if they drop again. If they recover, it's easy money. If they don't, can you afford it?

58p today.

God, cant these people take a hint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I half watched Spectre on itv2 the other night.

Nice car. But no way is a lagr, low volume car going to be worth buying.

All of those sorts of £1m+ cars are for investment. Nobody drives them. All of the valuation services like Glasses are shut at the moment, so it'll be interesting to see if the market has collapsed. I reckon it has...

I wouldn't want to have made a non-refundable £10k deposit on the new 911 GT3 RS...

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=70&t=1864652

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It's hard to ignore. Especially with the new DBX on the horizon.

My only worry is looking over the last 2 years they've steadily been declining from 1600p down to 500-600p for a while then down to 63p.

I'm tempted to maybe do a couple hundred now and leave some spare for if they drop again. If they recover, it's easy money. If they don't, can you afford it?

58p today.

God, cant these people take a hint.

They are too invested personally. Never a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=70&t=1864652

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It's hard to ignore. Especially with the new DBX on the horizon.

My only worry is looking over the last 2 years they've steadily been declining from 1600p down to 500-600p for a while then down to 63p.

I'm tempted to maybe do a couple hundred now and leave some spare for if they drop again. If they recover, it's easy money. If they don't, can you afford it?

58p today.

God, cant these people take a hint.

58p ? They could buy 2 shares of centrica instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spunko said:

If you read the Pistonheads AML stock market listing thread, it reads like a cult, a bunch of people telling people it won't go down because they are desirable etc. It's dropped by about 80%...

I think they will go bust. A billionaire owner isn't enough to shore it up.

Shame because they are rather nice, just too expensive in the previous economy, so definitely too expensive now.

It dripped at 96%

5 hours ago, spunko said:

If you read the Pistonheads AML stock market listing thread, it reads like a cult, a bunch of people telling people it won't go down because they are desirable etc. It's dropped by about 80%...

I think they will go bust. A billionaire owner isn't enough to shore it up.

Shame because they are rather nice, just too expensive in the previous economy, so definitely too expensive now.

One of the things that is bound to go up in the next cycle is luxury goods. Almost always .

 

this is what happened in 08 as the rich get easy credit BUT will AML survive in time ? That’s the big question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.