• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
snaga

Treating covid-19 at home

Posted (edited)

Thought this worthy of it's own thread.

BBC have this story, which tellingly dosn't mention ibuprofen at all, but does suggest paracetamol to lower fever temp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-52161088/coronavirus-how-do-you-care-for-someone-at-home

I won't treat fever until over 40 C and only then with low doses of paracetamol, no ibuprofen or asprin.

Edited by snaga

Posted (edited)

interesting choice of words, no strong evidence, so there is some?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ibuprofen-use-and-covid19coronavirus

and they are now advising the use of paracetamol over ibuprofen.

Patients who have confirmed COVID-19, or believe they have COVID-19, should take paracetamol in preference to ibuprofen.

Edited by snaga

22 minutes ago, snaga said:

I won't treat fever until over 40 C and only then with low doses of paracetamol, no ibuprofen or asprin.

Can you not treat fever by physical cooling? That's what happened to me. Ice packs, open windows, no clothes or covers etc.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, eight said:

Can you not treat fever by physical cooling? That's what happened to me. Ice packs, open windows, no clothes or covers etc.

having the windows open is a good idea regardless, helps keep O2 levels up.

Until your temp goes over 40 you want it to be elevated as it's helping your immune system. Once over 40 I' don't know how feasible using ice packs is at home? or sensible without expert supervison?

Edited by snaga

3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Just had some fevertree tonic water and a zinc lozenge,it's all I've got to work with I'm afraid.

Bit of a tight chest these past 48 hours,probably just been in an awkward sleeping position.

You might be at day 7/8/9 as that can have a tight chest effect apparently or a bit wheezy. 

Taking paracetmol is a bad idea according to Dr John - unless you're over 39'C I think he said. 

Posted (edited)

If I catch the covid, which is likely as I can't get a Tesco slot for love nor money so have to brave the shops, then my plan is just to spend most of the time resting in the garden. Vitamin D from the sun + paracetamol should see me through.

Anyone remember that scene in titanic where the colonel asks if there's any more brandy , just as the boats clearly just hit something? That's me xD

Edited by spunko