• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
unregistered_guest

Spare a thought for the real victims of COVID 19...

I know some of you will have thought I was a little harsh in my assessment of Carole Cadwalladr as an arch narcissist with delusions of being a journalist. Therefore I decided to visit her Twitter feed to read her message of best wishes and a speedy recovery to the Prime Minister. Oddly enough, I couldn't find it. But I did learn one important fact.

The real unsung heroes of this crisis are not shop workers or frontline healthcare staff. No, the people who the media have overlooked, whose precarious existence hangs in the balance due to the pandemic and without whose superhuman efforts we would descend into savagery and chaos are:

No, not politicians or the police. Don't be silly.

It's...

Journalists!

So Carole needs you to get your fat arse out of that armchair and drag yourself out for that essential trip to your local corner shop ... to buy a newspaper!

Because, if newspapers fold; she won't be able threaten to sue any other journalists who might prevent her from picking up more prestigious awards...

7 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

I know some of you will have thought I was a little harsh in my assessment of Carole Cadwalladr as an arch narcissist with delusions of being a journalist. Therefore I decided to visit her Twitter feed to read her message of best wishes and a speedy recovery to the Prime Minister. Oddly enough, I couldn't find it. But I did learn one important fact.

The real unsung heroes of this crisis are not shop workers or frontline healthcare staff. No, the people who the media have overlooked, whose precarious existence hangs in the balance due to the pandemic and without whose superhuman efforts we would descend into savagery and chaos are:

No, not politicians or the police. Don't be silly.

It's...

Journalists!

So Carole needs you to get your fat arse out of that armchair and drag yourself out for that essential trip to your local corner shop ... to buy a newspaper!

Because, if newspapers fold; she won't be able threaten to sue any other journalists who might prevent her from picking up more prestigious awards...

Ah yes, Her Majesty's Press.

My local rag was so uncritically compliant and craven in it's reporting of the local Police's attempts to stop people exercising in open spaces, I sent an email urging them to show some backbone.

Needless to say they didn't print my letter.

I think children are the real victims.

To ensure the survival of the human race we should ship all the children to Haiti, where Brendan Cox and Justin Forsyth can look after them.

11 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Says in the article that 'remote work' is down too, as a lot of clients are at home with relatives!

Ha - I hadn't considered that.

Ignoring the levity it is work and they (sex workers not journalists) do it because they need the income; this is more lives being wrecked, more people going bankrupt and losing their home.

27 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Here's some proper victims of this crisis.....prossers

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-sex-workers-forced-to-rely-on-benefits-and-hardship-funds-in-pandemic-11968076

Coronavirus: Sex workers forced to rely on benefits and hardship funds in pandemic

While doing some research on crosslinking proteins on a sub molecular level and the impact on binary receptors in the phallas I stumbled upon a website where there were certain 'non-essential'* professions still trading!!

*Unless like the off licenses still trading these are essential to those with an addiction who can't get it at home!!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ha - I hadn't considered that.

Ignoring the levity it is work and they (sex workers not journalists) do it because they need the income; this is more lives being wrecked, more people going bankrupt and losing their home.

I've never accepted the idea that prostitutes need the income. That may have been true in 1890 but nowadays we have an absurdly generous benefits system which was partly put in place so that women could be independent (except from daddy government, of course).

I think most of them do it because it's easy money and they gradually got into it via things like sugar daddies, modelling, adult films etc rather than being thrown into it by evil gangmasters or because they were destitute from drug addiction etc. Yes there will be some like that but that is a separate issue.

Most of them are probably claiming some sort of benefits anyway, so they will have this to fall back on; there will probably be a lot of EEers who may be in a slightly more difficult position but they are generally resourceful people.

I must stress I don't judge any woman for prostitution nor any man for using their services.

Edited by Austin Allegro

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Here's some proper victims of this crisis.....prossers

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-sex-workers-forced-to-rely-on-benefits-and-hardship-funds-in-pandemic-11968076

Coronavirus: Sex workers forced to rely on benefits and hardship funds in pandemic

A footballer is in trouble for arranging a "party" with two.