• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
jm51

Salt pipes?

1 minute ago, jm51 said:

I've just ordered one, plus some iodine. Any user experiences or tips?

I have a couple. I find you need to shake them a lot and try them at different angles,  breathe in through your mouth and breathe out through your nose so the salt goes into your lungs. What did you buy it for, asthma or just to get rid of mucous? I was going to book a couple of hours at a salt room but didn't get the chance before lockdown. 

Main reason was to get iodine into my lungs should the need arise. 

I'll take the other benefits as a bonus though. fwir, they're handy for all sorts of lung problems, including copd. 

How come you have more than one?

21 minutes ago, MrPin said:

This doesn't sound wise.

Agreed.

If you're a non-smoker, then twenty Woodbines will get all the crap out of your lungs quicker than any of the shite being talked about on here...

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Agreed.

If you're a non-smoker, then twenty Woodbines will get all the crap out of your lungs quicker than any of the shite being talked about on here...

XYY

Senior Service, or Gitanes!

43 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Main reason was to get iodine into my lungs should the need arise. 

I'll take the other benefits as a bonus though. fwir, they're handy for all sorts of lung problems, including copd. 

How come you have more than one?

There was a buy one get one half price in Holland & Barrett not long ago. My son has bad asthma, I bought them for him as an adjunct to his inhalers to see if they would help. 

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Not on the NHS.

Guess you must have BUPA, you posh cunt...

XYY

There used to be a posh tobaconnist in Southampton, that would make custom fags, with the logo of your choice on them. Smashing. I don't have a silver tab case any more.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There used to be a posh tobaconnist in Southampton, that would make custom fags, with the logo of your choice on them. Smashing. I don't have a silver tab case any more.

Hartlepool's equivalent didn't make bespoke tabs, but alongside the Golden Virginia, Condor and Old Holborn, he had all kinds of fancy blends of rolly and pipe baccy stored in glass jars on the counter.

The rum and sherry infused shag was particularly popular with poofs of a certain age who wore velvet jackets and cravats...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Posted (edited)

Got the salt pipe earlier in the week. Was enjoying using the salt inhalation but have just tried using the iodine for the first time.  Watched the below video and seen mention of it elsewhere but honestly not sure I'll use again.  The smell is pretty strong, as in not sure I should be straight up inhaling.  In the video they recommend 10-15 inhalations, I did one then managed to 4 or 5 before thinking I'll leave off for now.

So wondering if anyone else has experience or knowledge using the iodine in salt pipe?  @The Masked Tulip I think I read you were using hitting the pipe but not sure about the iodine?  Will continue using the salt pipe alone although as can't see the harm and if helps any asthma that's a bonus.  As it is I'll probably clean out and refill with salt later to use.

The other thing in the video that's a bit less controversial is use of mega dose of vit c.  Guessing this could have been good when I got ill with a virus a few weeks ago but reluctant to walk around in on the cusp of diarrhea semi permanently let alone any other negative affects from so much vit c (despite what the Dr says as being completely safe in video which may be true but I have my reservations)

Edited by Dogtania
Add link

12 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Got the salt pipe earlier in the week. Was enjoying using the salt inhalation but have just tried using the iodine for the first time.  Watched the below video and seen mention of it elsewhere but honestly not sure I'll use again.  The smell is pretty strong, as in not sure I should be straight up inhaling.  In the video they recommend 10-15 inhalations, I did one then managed to 4 or 5 before thinking I'll leave off for now.

So wondering if anyone else has experience or knowledge using the iodine in salt pipe?  @The Masked Tulip I think I read you were using hitting the pipe but not sure about the iodine?  Will continue using the salt pipe alone although as can't see the harm and if helps any asthma that's a bonus.  As it is I'll probably clean out and refill with salt later to use.

The other thing in the video that's a bit less controversial is use of mega dose of vit c.  Guessing this could have been good when I got ill with a virus a few weeks ago but reluctant to walk around in on the cusp of diarrhea semi permanently let alone any other negative affects from so much vit c (despite what the Dr says as being completely safe in video which may be true but I have my reservations)

I still use my pipe a couple of times per day. Just breathe in any out 3 or 4 times. That is it. The salt taste has lessened in recent days. This could be because the salt has been used up or because my body has got used to the salt. I am not sure if you can refill them.

Posted (edited)

Mine arrived a few days back and has been in quarantine until this pm. I got one with a bag of pink salt enough for 2 fills. Each fill lasts a year apparently.

I used 12% iodine and it instantly reminded me of hospitals. Its that smell.

The pipe i bought doesnt have as a big a hole as hers so ive just held it under one nostril and honked on it several times. Im ok with doing that once or twice a day.

I also just hit my threshold of about 6 grms vit c. And am now dealing with the pay off on this sunny afternoon. I wont go in to any more detail.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer

1 minute ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Mine arrived a few days back and has been in quarantine until this pm. I got one with a bag of pink salt enoguh for 2 fills. I used 12% iodine and it instantly reminded me of hospitals. Its that smell.

The pipe i bought doesnt have as a big a hole as hers so ive just held it under one nostril and honked on it several times. Im ok with doing that once or twice a day.

I also just hit my threshold of about 6 grms vit c. And am now dealing with the pay off on this sunny afternoon. I wont go in to any more detail.

Mine appears to be a single sealed china unit. It has a load of tiny holes on the bottom. Near the top there is a small hole about the size of of a small finger-nail. It has a small plastic cover which rises when I breathe out through the mouth-piece. I think it is a vent. But when I look into it I can see a ledge inside the pipe that also has a load of tiny holes. I think the salt was contained in some kind of pocket between the two lots of holes.

But it is completely sealed - no seams. A one piece unit so presumably the salt got into the pipe either by the bigger hole or the tiny holes. Or via the mouth-piece.

Ah, that could be it - through the mouth-piece. It then rests on the platfom of tiny holes and, via breathing, makes it way down into the pipe with any left coming out the bottom. There are small traces of salt hanging from the bottom holes.

I will buy some salt and try refilling it.

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I still use my pipe a couple of times per day. Just breathe in any out 3 or 4 times. That is it. The salt taste has lessened in recent days. This could be because the salt has been used up or because my body has got used to the salt. I am not sure if you can refill them.

Do you use the iodine with or just salt?  My iodine is 15% which seemed more common on sale and what the lady in the above video sells and recommends.

Definitely keep using the salt anyway if you feel it helps or take a break and return.  Don't see why you couldn't refill I just popped out the rubber bung as pictured and given a shake then rinsed the rest of the salt away with hot water

15865321626651412098362335175376.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Mine arrived a few days back and has been in quarantine until this pm. I got one with a bag of pink salt enough for 2 fills. Each fill lasts a year apparently.

I used 12% iodine and it instantly reminded me of hospitals. Its that smell.

Yeah it's got a chemical type of hospital smell.  Maybe as my iodine is a bit stronger but I thought there was a bit of burn and didn't like the smell so don't think I will use for now.  The actual salt inhalation is great though I will definitely continue.

36 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

The pipe i bought doesnt have as a big a hole as hers so ive just held it under one nostril and honked on it several times. 

A sentence I never expected to read.

52 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Do you use the iodine with or just salt?  My iodine is 15% which seemed more common on sale and what the lady in the above video sells and recommends.

Definitely keep using the salt anyway if you feel it helps or take a break and return.  Don't see why you couldn't refill I just popped out the rubber bung as pictured and given a shake then rinsed the rest of the salt away with hot water

15865321626651412098362335175376.jpg

Can you post a photo of the top of your pipe? Do you have any kind of vent apart from the mouth-piece hole?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Can you post a photo of the top of your pipe? Do you have any kind of vent apart from the mouth-piece hole?

There seems to be another platform internally with a few holes similar to the base about 3/4+the way up.  Only the mouthpiece and base are open at all.

15865375063443735904406058977981.thumb.jpg.e91c5ab209cb7c02a0b9a7ad152cb018.jpg

The one I bought from eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-100-Pure-Natural-Himalayan-Salt-Pipe-CE-Certified-/152393024838?pageci=bada2744-b15a-4901-adfb-5557e34a8ac4&epid=620625988

Edit - it seems to have gone up in price I bought for £11.50 basically the cheapest one that looked ok or same as the rest .  I'm sure it was still that price earlier today maybe me looking has triggered the rise or something 🤔

Edited by Dogtania

15 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

There seems to be another platform internally with a few holes similar to the base about 3/4+the way up.  Only the mouthpiece and base are open at all.

15865375063443735904406058977981.thumb.jpg.e91c5ab209cb7c02a0b9a7ad152cb018.jpg

The one I bought from eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-100-Pure-Natural-Himalayan-Salt-Pipe-CE-Certified-/152393024838?pageci=bada2744-b15a-4901-adfb-5557e34a8ac4&epid=620625988

Edit - it seems to have gone up in price I bought for £11.50 basically the cheapest one that looked ok or same as the rest .  I'm sure it was still that price earlier today maybe me looking has triggered the rise or something 🤔

Thanks. Perhaps the extra hole on mine is a way for me to refill it.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Thanks. Perhaps the extra hole on mine is a way for me to refill it.

thought the extra hole was a safety feature in case you exhale through your mouth ie you cover the hole with your finger when inhaling and leave it open when exhaling