• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Languages covered include...

Recommended Posts

from that article :

"

Shahda Khan, Middlesbrough Council's Strategic Cohesion and Migration Manager, said: "The vast majority of people are abiding by government guidance which is there to slow the spread of this terrible disease, protect the NHS and save lives.

"However we have a diverse population in Middlesbrough, and there are those who will benefit from seeing these messages in their own language.

"It's vital that all our communities understand how important this is, and we hope these translations will both inform and reassure residents."

 

 

No- just fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that the reason that a lot of immigrants didn't learn English was that it was extra difficult for those who were illiterate in their own language. So why print the leaflets in other languages if the people who can't read English are illiterate in their native language in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I read somewhere that the reason that a lot of immigrants didn't learn English was that it was extra difficult for those who were illiterate in their own language. So why print the leaflets in other languages if the people who can't read English are illiterate in their native language in the first place?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that most of this printing everything in every language nonsense had been quietly dropped by most organisations, at least at national level. I guess there are still some local council troughers involved in it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I read somewhere that the reason that a lot of immigrants didn't learn English was that it was extra difficult for those who were illiterate in their own language. So why print the leaflets in other languages if the people who can't read English are illiterate in their native language in the first place?

It's nothing to do with being able to read English, they can all read and understand it. The problem is attitude rather than lack of English comprehension. The local council is being somewhat patronising and arguably a bit racist by suggesting the reason these migrants aren't toeing the line is simply because they don't understand the language.

Even if you were completely illiterate you would be still be perfectly able to witness social distancing and pick up clues from the way others act.

Also - what a shit tip. Excusing the poor for being untidy is shameful, even in the worst African slums you will find that some people are houseproud and clean up after themselves. The reason is of course because they have no respect for this country, and this is evident in the way they don't follow the rules. Send them packing, not only are they a burden financially, throw litter everywhere, they are also infecting innocent people.

PS: By the way, on the topic of migrants, these people make up 15% of the population but only 12% of NHS staff. They are under-represented, but it won't be long before someone says that is because of racism.

Edited by spunko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rare Bear said:

I read somewhere that the reason that a lot of immigrants didn't learn English was that it was extra difficult for those who were illiterate in their own language. So why print the leaflets in other languages if the people who can't read English are illiterate in their native language in the first place?

Some likely not just illiterate but incapable, due to low IQ, sometimes caused by them (knowingly!) breeding with their relatives.

They just shouldn't be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's nothing to do with being able to read English, they can all read and understand it. The problem is attitude rather than lack of English comprehension. The local council is being somewhat patronising and arguably a bit racist by suggesting the reason these migrants aren't toeing the line is simply because they don't understand the language.

Even if you were completely illiterate you would be still be perfectly able to witness social distancing and pick up clues from the way others act.

Also - what a shit tip. Excusing the poor for being untidy is shameful, even in the worst African slums you will find that some people are houseproud and clean up after themselves. The reason is of course because they have no respect for this country, and this is evident in the way they don't follow the rules. Send them packing, not only are they a burden financially, throw litter everywhere, they are also infecting innocent people.

PS: By the way, on the topic of migrants, these people make up 15% of the population but only 12% of NHS staff. They are under-represented, but it won't be long before someone says that is because of racism.

I can assure you that's not the scummiest part of Middlesbrough spunks.

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I can assure you that's not the scummiest part of Middlesbrough spunks.

 

XYY

In Oslo 1% of all Somalis are known to be infected. Now blaming the fact that they didn't understand the warnings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

It's nothing to do with being able to read English, they can all read and understand it. The problem is attitude rather than lack of English comprehension. The local council is being somewhat patronising and arguably a bit racist by suggesting the reason these migrants aren't toeing the line is simply because they don't understand the language.

Even if you were completely illiterate you would be still be perfectly able to witness social distancing and pick up clues from the way others act.

I don't know chap, some of the talent we've brought in is a little shaky in areas, the brains department being one. There was a comical moment in Aldi the other week at the very start of the lock down where a man of Sub-Saharan appearance could not decipher the new queue arrangements. New to me too but the stickers on the floor and the actions of other shoppers was a sufficient clue for me and others. He was stood with his trolley at the top of the conveyor belts while nobody allowed him in (given we were queuing up the aisles). Shoppers were gesturing to him as well as verbalising the new arrangements but still didn't seem to grasp. His face was coiled in confusion. It is moments like that I think academics getting sacked for publishing IQ test disparities may have been somewhat unfairly treated...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

It’s all scummy. 

A lot of it is, but even shitholes have a posh end where the high-ranking doctors, lawyers and accountants live.

Middlesbrough is no different...

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

A lot of it is, but even shitholes have a posh end where the high-ranking doctors, lawyers and accountants live.

Middlesbrough is no different...

 

XYY

Yarm isnt it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

Yarm isnt it?  

There are parts of Middlesbrough where you will pay six and seven figure sums for a house, just as there are in similar shitholes like Hartlepool and Peterlee.

Yarm is not Middlesbrough - and I'm sure @Roger_Mellie will back me up on that one...

 

XYY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

There are parts of Middlesbrough where you will pay six and seven figure sums for a house, just as there are in similar shitholes like Hartlepool and Peterlee.

Yarm is not Middlesbrough - and I'm sure @Roger_Mellie will back me up on that one...

 

XYY

 

You might, I wouldn’t. o.O

 

yarm and Middlesbrough is a bit like leeds and Harrogate. If asked where the posh part of leeds is, the response is Harrogate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, One percent said:

You might, I wouldn’t. o.O

 

yarm and Middlesbrough is a bit like leeds and Harrogate. If asked where the posh part of leeds is, the response is Harrogate. 

Yarm is part of the borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and has no connection to Middlesbrough whatsoever. Your analogy might apply to Stockton, but not the 'Boro.

Your glib replies just keep confirming that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the area. There are very exclusive and expensive parts of Middlesbrough, whether you care to believe that or not.

 

XYY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Yarm is part of the borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and has no connection to Middlesbrough whatsoever. Your analogy might apply to Stockton, but not the 'Boro.

Your glib replies just keep confirming that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the area. There are very exclusive and expensive parts of Middlesbrough, whether you care to believe that or not.

 

XYY

 

Eeh, Giles Xyy-Smythe, estate agent to the stars ....

There used to be areas within boro proper that were posh/expensive and perceived as desirable. And Im thinking of Linthorpe village - TS4/ TS5

And, looking at the RM listings, people still thats the case.

However ....

If you have any money then you leave now. Its that simple. The town is famous for a great whoosing sound of white workers leaving.

Multiple factors - scum, foreign scum, very high c tax, have the Labour council. etc

Even the the upwardly mobile scum tend to move out to Guisborough, ruining its reputation as 'not boro'

Ive had a quick skim thru prices paid:

https://houseprices.io/?q=middlesbrough&p=25

Other than commercial buildings - god help them -pretty much everything 200k+ is outside the town, mainly Stokesly, Nunthorpe. Maton, Great Ayton

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Yarm is part of the borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and has no connection to Middlesbrough whatsoever. Your analogy might apply to Stockton, but not the 'Boro.

Your glib replies just keep confirming that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the area. There are very exclusive and expensive parts of Middlesbrough, whether you care to believe that or not.

 

XYY

 

Defending onesies honour ..... anyone travelling into greater boro area over the last 50 odd  doesnt see the various ye olde borders, ceremonial or whatever.

They see a sprawl that starts around Nunthorpe/Eston, continues out towards Stokesly and does end until a few miles outside of Billingham.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Eeh, Giles Xyy-Smythe, estate agent to the stars ....

There used to be areas within boro proper that were posh/expensive and perceived as desirable. And Im thinking of Linthorpe village - TS4/ TS5

And, looking at the RM listings, people still thats the case.

However ....

If you have any money then you leave now. Its that simple. The town is famous for a great whoosing sound of white workers leaving.

Multiple factors - scum, foreign scum, very high c tax, have the Labour council. etc

Even the the upwardly mobile scum tend to move out to Guisborough, ruining its reputation as 'not boro'

Ive had a quick skim thru prices paid:

https://houseprices.io/?q=middlesbrough&p=25

Other than commercial buildings - god help them -pretty much everything 200k+ is outside the town, mainly Stokesly, Nunthorpe. Maton, Great Ayton

 

 

Well cheers for that Kirstie.

Like I said, everywhere has a posh bit. Even scummy pit-yacker villages.

Easington is a good example. If you start off in the colliery and spend 10 minutes walking up to Easington village you will go from <£20,000 houses to £1,000,000+ houses during that walk.

Middlesbrough is a shit-hole in general, but it too has its posh bits. 

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.