DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

34th floor bbq

sarahbell

Fire crews were forced to launch a major response to Beetham Tower tonight because of a barbecue on the 34th floor.

The Manchester Evening News saw at least seven fire engines outside the Deansgate skyscraper at around 8.45pm.

The building had not been evacuated and the callout appeared to be a false alarm.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: "It was an alarm caused by somebody having a barbecue on the 34th floor.

• Informative 1

Carl Fimble
6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Fire crews were forced to launch a major response to Beetham Tower tonight because of a barbecue on the 34th floor.

The Manchester Evening News saw at least seven fire engines outside the Deansgate skyscraper at around 8.45pm.

The building had not been evacuated and the callout appeared to be a false alarm.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: "It was an alarm caused by somebody having a barbecue on the 34th floor.

Can I hazard a guess? 

Better not....

• Agree 2

Carl Fimble
13 minutes ago, One percent said:

No, but im feeling incredibly enriched. BBQ goat anyone?  

I'm thinking if it set an alarm of they've not even tried having the BBQ on a balcony, but inside their flat....

So we're looking at the person/people responsible being thick as fuck, I don't know if that narrows it down...

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
  • Agree 2

One percent
4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I'm thinking of it set an alarm of they've not even tried having the BBQ on a balcony, but inside their flat....

So we're looking at the person/people responsible being thick as fuck, I don't know if that narrows it down...

Probably not by much. If anything that this CV debacle has taught me is that the level of intelligence in this country is on the floor. Im sure it didn’t used to be like that but it sure is now.  

• Agree 3

The Masked Tulip

I think I heard somewhere that the building's apartment owners have to pay a lot of dosh to get the fire safety up to the new Grenfell regs? Sure that I heard that somewhere.

Carl Fimble
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Probably not by much. If anything that this CV debacle has taught me is that the level of intelligence in this country is on the floor. Im sure it didn’t used to be like that but it sure is now.  

Dysgenic (sp?) effects of the welfare state, shitty food, poisonous water and air, purposefully shit education and the importation of a huge number of mongs, that lot probably hasn't helped....

:(

• Agree 5

One percent
6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Dysgenic (sp?) effects of the welfare state, shitty food, poisonous water and air, purposefully shit education and the importation of a huge number of mongs, that lot probably hasn't helped....

:(

Paying the dregs of society to breed whilst the best and brightest are put to work and taxed to death to support the unemployable would be my guess. Oh and coupled with the dumbing down of educashun. 

• Agree 7