• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Masked Tulip

London tourism falls catastrophically

5 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Such a punchable face...

Would it be a crime to make some kind of home boxing training thing in his image?

If not, I think I may have an idea how to cure the capital's fitness crises.

So, multiple Islamic terrorist attacks and others foiled, in which tourists have been the victims.

The campaign features the face of the Muslim mayor. Sure, he's not a terrorist of that type but I doubt if the subliminal message to those seeing it is that which is intended. He probably thinks that multicultural London is a positive message but to many of the tourists it's not what they are coming for.

That said, I don't think it's fair to suggest that any fall in tourism is down to him.

2 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

So, multiple Islamic terrorist attacks and others foiled, in which tourists have been the victims.

The campaign features the face of the Muslim mayor. Sure, he's not a terrorist of that type but I doubt if the subliminal message to those seeing it is that which is intended. He probably thinks that multicultural London is a positive message but to many of the tourists it's not what they are coming for.

That said, I don't think it's fair to suggest that any fall in tourism is down to him.

Part and parcel of living in or visiting London apparently.

Well if that is the case, won't be visiting.

Cancelled trip planned this summer, zero confidence in this mayor and in the security forces intent in dealing with the issue.

12 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Part and parcel of living in or visiting London apparently.

Well if that is the case, won't be visiting.

Cancelled trip planned this summer, zero confidence in this mayor and in the security forces intent in dealing with the issue.

There's a big push in jihadi activity during ramadan. There's been a lul since then as they regroup for the next big push. Now is probably a good time to visit... if you really have to.

Interesting how the Godfrey Elfwick chap tweeted Lineker, and called him a cunt, and he's banished from Twitter almost immediately yet the likes of Hopkins and Tommy Robinson are completely unhindered.

The only UK tourism to Lindon that most seem to do is a one-off trip to show their kids around.

Apart from that it's going to be foreign tourism and given the news coverage why would you go? I don't know a single person who is planning a holiday in Paris for that selfsame reason; and that used to be pretty common.

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

London is open...?

Bollocks...!

So are our-lasses legs - and I don't see a fucking queue there either...!

XYY

Just wait until they see the boats come in. :Sick1:

21 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Interesting how the Godfrey Elfwick chap tweeted Lineker, and called him a cunt, and he's banished from Twitter almost immediately yet the likes of Hopkins and Tommy Robinson are completely unhindered.

I think 190 odd million views a month has something to do with it and of course not calling people cunts help  

49 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think 190 odd million views a month has something to do with it and of course not calling people cunts help  

<writes down 'don't call people cunts'>. Off to apply for the London Tourism gig. If it's down 230% the only way is up!