DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

£500,000

Sugarlips

Democorruptcy
20 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Interesting, now can you do it with wages?

im pretty sure it was no more than 2.5 x joint for quite a long time, now it’s 10x?

There's no point in doing it with wages, house prices have disconnected from them and are instead driven by lending and props.

I just thought it was funny your own historical figures exactly fit the increase to the price today. Within the £1 :)

16 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

There's no point in doing it with wages, house prices have disconnected from them and are instead driven by lending and props.

I just thought it was funny your own historical figures exactly fit the increase to the price today. Within the £1 :)

MMR tops out at 4 minus living costs.

Theres no support for house prices in places like Bmouth where the median salary is 29k.

Id *love* if I could track mortgage offer amounts by post code.

My guess is that the average mortgage issued in Bmouth is going to max out ~150k

12 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

True, I’m not sure about them taking back buildings but it’s going to be tough to get blood out of a stone and rates will be deferred/waived due to the virus.

As with everywhere retail has been on its knees in the conurbation for years and as alluded to by spygirl the number of empty shops is constantly growing, all the major retailers are disappearing. 

Bournemouth & Poole councils have already had to merge in the last couple of years as they couldn’t make the government budget cuts work (large pension liabilities etc)

They rely heavily on grockels, hens & stags and summer students feeding their endless parking machines to balance the books, none of these groups will be coming this year.  More cafes and shops will shut, the locals won’t be earning as much so also won’t spend as much, even their football team looks like getting relegated assuming the season restarts so less dosh generated..

Well non-payment = bailiffs = reposession = auction sale to someone who buys at low price to be able to do something profitable [and pay the rates going forward]. The auction proceeds if sufficient and the council is high enough in the pecking order cover the defaulted bill and interest.

Some changes in the law to make the council debt and HMRC debt get paid before anyone else would be good but unlikely with any of the current lot or the other lot.

Green Devil
6 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

The 1980 to 1990 jump is x2.5 then 1990 to 2000 is x2. Applying the exact same multiples from 2000

The £100,000 in 2000 becomes £250,000 in 2010

Then the £250,000 in 2010 becomes £500,000 in 2020.

Money is shit isn't it?

9th Mar 2020 £500,000First listed
24th Nov 2009 £286,000Last sold

Pretty close. 286 in 2009 become 500k. Its gotta be worth it, the vendor thinks it is, its bricks n mortar. 
Its Prime. (NOT central pokesdown is a mere 0.6kms away, and central boscombe (drug lord central) only a mere 1km.

sancho panza
23 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

True, I’m not sure about them taking back buildings but it’s going to be tough to get blood out of a stone and rates will be deferred/waived due to the virus.

As with everywhere retail has been on its knees in the conurbation for years and as alluded to by spygirl the number of empty shops is constantly growing, all the major retailers are disappearing. 

Bournemouth & Poole councils have already had to merge in the last couple of years as they couldn’t make the government budget cuts work (large pension liabilities etc)

They rely heavily on grockels, hens & stags and summer students feeding their endless parking machines to balance the books, none of these groups will be coming this year.  More cafes and shops will shut, the locals won’t be earning as much so also won’t spend as much, even their football team looks like getting relegated assuming the season restarts so less dosh generated..

leicestershire has 8 district coucnils and 1 county council plus Liecester council.Thats 9 CEO's with pension contribs.

9 hours ago, sancho panza said:

leicestershire has 8 district coucnils and 1 county council plus Liecester council.Thats 9 CEO's with pension contribs.

Greater Boro has - MBC, Stockton Council, Redcar Council and Darlo Council.

All within ~20 mile radius.

The entire county structure is repeated 4x. They complain they cannot recruit 'skilled' people.

The LAs are one of the largest employees, paying huge sums, all skimmed from the local populace, who lurch down n down under the burden.

The local services are beyond shit, as none are able to run either the most basic service without fuckign it up.

On 08/04/2020 at 09:44, Sugarlips said:

Bournemouth Uni is mainly foreign students, most appear to be housed in the new Grenfell-clad towers around Asda at Lansdowne.

There is a big school of English in Southbourne, who are generally housed in the spare rooms of the surrounding oap’s spare rooms for pin money.

We are headed for peak season for all of that plus tourism in the coming months, it’s gone and won’t be coming back, I agree Bournemouth Council are going to go broke in no time.

Jamie Dimon has been threatening 1000’s of job cuts post Brexit for several years, if the old Chase Manhattan building bears the brunt of it - and under the cover of Wuflu, it’s the perfect excuse - the monied locals are screwed.

Not just Uni.

findus.jpg

I saw this, in its completed glory, a few months ago.

I was going to try n do a post on 4com and a couple if similar companies.

I dont know much about other than Google searches and I'm constantly - and I mean constantly- coming across small businesses whove cone a cropper on their scummy contracts.

8 hours ago, spygirl said:

Not just Uni.

findus.jpg

I dont know much about other than Google searches and I'm constantly - and I mean constantly- coming across small businesses whove cone a cropper on their scummy contracts.

BT used to be one of the biggest employers and had several large buildings around Lansdowne, I know a lot of people who used to work for them, that’s dwindled to just a couple, 1000’s of BT jobs have quietly disappeared in the last decade or so.

I’m not familiar with 4com but I assume they’ve poached some of the local telecom talent and seen a gap in the market

on a side note, 5g is to be installed in Pokesdown, Bournemouth is apparently ‘a test bed of the technology’ ...great.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18372138.bournemouths-new-5g-mast-will-safer-4g-says-vodafone/

6 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

BT used to be one of the biggest employers and had several large buildings around Lansdowne, I know a lot of people who used to work for them, that’s dwindled to just a couple, 1000’s of BT jobs have quietly disappeared in the last decade or so.

I’m not familiar with 4com but I assume they’ve poached some of the local telecom talent and seen a gap in the market

on a side note, 5g is to be installed in Pokesdown, Bournemouth is apparently ‘a test bed of the technology’ ...great.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18372138.bournemouths-new-5g-mast-will-safer-4g-says-vodafone/

No.

They are shysters. Its basically a bolertm operation.

They resell PBX systems to SME.

However their USP is they outright lie on the cost/price, having the sales person promise huge savings bu the written contract says another thing. And the term is 7 years rather than . And the price increments up.

They really on SMe beign daft and not reading he small print in the contact, which is then flipped on the finco like Macquaire.

On 12/04/2020 at 15:37, spygirl said:

Not just Uni.

findus.jpg

http://phonescamupdates.blogspot.com/2009/10/story-so-far.html

• 1 year later...
On 08/04/2020 at 09:21, spygirl said:

A bit. But not to the extent to how far the Bmouth area is falling.

Befoer c19, I put Bmouht in the 'Whats going to collapse next'

As a town iit bet on tourism and finsec.

The loss of well paying finsec jobs, esp. when compared to the rest of local wages has been pretty extreme.

Theres the Fe collegel known as Bmouth Uni expsnaidn likes nuts. I expect Bmouth Uni to blow up.

Everything is turning to shit in Bmouth - Beales, Liverpool + Vic, now Amigo loans.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19326341.amigo-go-administration-losing-high-court-case/

20 hours ago, spygirl said:

Everything is turning to shit in Bmouth - Beales, Liverpool + Vic, now Amigo loans.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19326341.amigo-go-administration-losing-high-court-case/

Meanwhile prices have risen yet another £50,000 (10%) in the last year.

Carnt go wrong with bricks n mortar, safe as houses eh?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/80245521#/

Archived