• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Parry

Velosopeeds

Got a wickedly tricked out 2017 Honda Grom a couple of days back, it's great fun but a bit slow so just went to see one of these . . . 

2014-Honda-CB650F-beauty.jpg

Honda CB650F. Fantastic sound track, comfortable enough although the riding position is a bit more forward than the ER6F.  Much bigger than I thought it would be. Found a mint one with 3500kms for 249,000 Baht, but he'll take 240,000 (5600 quid)

I'm scared. 

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

That sounds good Mr Parry, but I'm more of a fan of those overpriced chrome plated tractors, and I shall have one again!:)

I am to be honest, but they're a fortune, like double the price and then some. Have looked at the Triumph modern classics, they're only about 10% more here. Love the Street Scrambler. Also, Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled. 

But for real value it's best to go Japanese here. CB650F or Z650. Best bang for buck.

The Big Angry>:('s after one of these, but I'm unsure about quality . . .

http://www.gpxthailand.com/GPX-Legend-Gentleman

I hadn't bought a bike here for the past 8 years and the old Honda Click's and Wave's we have are on their last legs. Plus they're bloody boring.

Edited by Parry

1 hour ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Took me a while to twig this was about motorbikes rather then pedally ones!

I've been getting a hankering lately for something small engined in addition to my Versys. Nothing in particular (maybe a scooter O.o) so I'm just keeping my eye on Gumtree. It's mostly more than I want to pay, or shit though...

Had a Gilera Runner, only bike (scooter) ever owned. Bought it because handling/suspension were supposed to be a notch up from most scooters. 125/180/200, 4 stroke I believe available s/h (mine was 125). Off the lights it was a hoot, loved it, very nickable though, which mine was.

Edited by onlyme

53 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Funny you should mention the Gilera Runner, that's been on my ebay watchlist for a while!

Shit, they're the same price now for one over a decade old as they were a year old after being bought from new. I think new mine cost just over 2K in 2000/2001.

2 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

There's a 200cc 2stroke for £1450! Bet that's fun... Way more than I want to spend though and it's been modded with loads of crap.

If I'm spending that kind of money I'd probably buy a Fazer instead.

Agreed, way too much - they're good for a moped but not at that price.

51 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

You not been tempted to get on a proper bike? You'll never forget the first time you ride a big bike. Honestly, it still gives me a tingle when I think about it.

Toyed with the idea, but realised that a little bit of mild adrenaline rush and road risk was enough for me. Your tingle would probably have me shitting myself! We're all wired somewhat differently, bit like heights - I can tolerate them can't exactly say I embrace them.