• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

ashestoashes

what changes will there be after unlock

Somethings won't be the same unless it totally disappears, what is going to change ?

Was thinking libraries and bookshops may struggle with people trusting the pages are virus free

any others ?

We were chatting at work about whether places like Centre Parcs will do amazingly good deals this summer, or prices will sky rocket due to lost turnover / cancelled foreign breaks?

i really couldn’t call it...

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rowley said:

We were chatting at work about whether places like Centre Parcs will do amazingly good deals this summer, or prices will sky rocket due to lost turnover / cancelled foreign breaks?

there are people that think they will be open this summer ?

Still, some cruise lines are only cancelling cruises up to May 12.....

Given that Russia is about 4 weeks behind UK I reckon (although they locked down faster) and South America about 2 months behind and Africa likewise,

I think we have a long global and local lockdown

I can't see normality returning any time soon

Edited by Hopeful

9 minutes ago, Rowley said:

if the airlines have all gone bust, then people won't be going anywhere cheaply. I suspect travel insurance will have exclusions for coronavirus too. 

Center parks will already be sold out this summer, and their cancellation policy isn't very generous, I know, I've checked.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Given that Russia is about 4 weeks behind UK I reckon (although they locked down faster) and South America about 2 months behind and Africa likewise,

Max 4 more weeks, before tapered release.

I think 3.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

if it goes on much longer there'll have to be a form of martial law, the natives are already getting a bit frisky as the realisation sinks in.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

if it goes on much longer there'll have to be a form of martial law, the natives are already getting a bit frisky as the realisation sinks in.

I can see that.

If we go back to normal we will be back in lockdown in about 6 weeks

OK, perhaps 6 weeks off 4 weeks on, rinse and repeat until we have got rid of all those whom the virus will kill without overwhelming the NHS in the process.

Edited by Hopeful

10 minutes ago, lid said:

What a fantastic opportunity this virus has given the authorities to spy on every aspect of citizens lives. Really convenient the way it's all came about 😐

That video is being heavily supressed online. It's as if they don't want us to know what they've got planned for us.

31 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Some people in a community will feel more empowered that they can dictate what other people can do.

Yes it's happening already. They are trying to stop other people travelling about because they are worried about their local NHS being overloaded. The irony being it's the same people who voted Remain and for freedom of movement.

Mumsnetters will joing tos and dosbodders when they've lost their website 

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

More houses going up for sale due to the 3 Ds:

Death - virus.

Divorce - lockdown.

Debt - lost income/jobs.

Think lots of people will become homeless due to turning into alcoholics this year