DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Mortgage rates.

TheCountOfNowhere

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Less whether the rates are going up or down, its the fact they are withdrawing lending full stop.

A possibility of a stand off with the goverment in the future

sancho panza
6 hours ago, spygirl said:

Less whether the rates are going up or down, its the fact they are withdrawing lending full stop.

raisin LTVs wont help.One of the upsides of this rcession will be watching those prasites at COuntrywide go down.£600 they once hcarged me n Mrs P for photcopying a standardc ontract and giving it to us to sign.

Have zero symptahy

I'm not interested in nationwide or Halifax bs based in asking price or seasonally adjusted prices. Both are gamed beyond being of any use.

What I'd like to see is a lending breakdown, by postcode. Just the first bit will do - YOx

Number of loans and average loan size.

I'm guessing that there are large numbers of towns and districts where there have only been a small number of new mortgages written over the last 10 years.

My other guess, looking at the cost of regulation, that households with less than 30k/y cannot get a  mortgage. That's about 60% of UK households.

And that the minimum mortgage, highstreet lender, you can get is 50k-60k. The regulation costs are too high.

11 hours ago, sancho panza said:

raisin LTVs wont help.One of the upsides of this rcession will be watching those prasites at COuntrywide go down.£600 they once hcarged me n Mrs P for photcopying a standardc ontract and giving it to us to sign.

Have zero symptahy

80% LTV is about the best you'll get.

Basically  built into the mortgage regs.

The days (87-91, 2000-2009) of mortgage lending driving the UK economy (off the cliff?) are gone.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

The days (87-91, 2000-2009) of mortgage lending driving the UK economy (off the cliff?) are gone.

I'll miss them,There's little better in life than getting to listen to a 100 house 90% IO BTLer hold the pubs attention with tales of his wealth,financial derring do and proficiency with thumbnail extraction.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

My particular favourite was the HMO BTLer ,a special breed who understood the importance of assessing a prospective tenants vulnerability during the selection process because otherwise they wouldn't put up with all the mould in their rooms.

Those guys know how to have fun.

Archived