• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

People not coping

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Loads of people aren't coping with lockdown.

I'd be interested to know why.

I think a good lot of us here are self occupying and don't need masses of shopping or coffee during the day to keep us busy.

Im loving it in a way. Massively bored but it is the first time in my life i havet felt compelled to do anything. Im just following what my body dictates. When to get up, when to go to sleep, when to eat....  im thinking it’s a very natural state and has taken us away from societal constraints. Mind, if you need a framework through which to live your life, it might be a tad disconcerting. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I never go shopping, never drink coffee, don't watch any TV or youtube, (apart from the odd vid recommended on here) maybe watch a movie on Netflix once a month. Haven't read books for about 30 years, reading loads of academic papers killed reading as a pleasure.

I find being indoors very difficult for more than a few days.

I'm an outside hiking, swimming, horse riding person, preferably where there isn't anbody else. outdoors ti experience nature.

If lockdown was for 3 weeks I could do it.

It's not knowing for how long, but suspecting I know for how long i.e. months, maybe a year or more of restrictions of where you can go outside, that is the problem and makes me say "fuck this for a gane of soldiers". It's because they aren't being honest with us.

Today, I went to the coast and went wild swimming. The first coastal bluebells were out, a few thrift flowers, the blackthorn is in flower and the cliffs smelled of coconut from all the gorse flowers. There were some comorants, a gannet diving a bit offshore, some solitary bees were active in the cliff face. The seaweeds were growing. There was a kestrel and ravens mobbing a buzzard. Saw an orange tip butterfly and ladybirds, oil and bloody nose beetles. Sat in the sun.

You can only see this scene for about a month each year

If I didn't see it today it wouldn't be until next year. In fact I may not see it again, I could be dead by next year.

On Tuesday I caught fresh mackerel, the first of the year, again, might be the last time if I didn't do it.

That's why I can't do a lockdown of unknown duration.

I actually worry about old age as being indoors due to frailty is likely to be mentally, very troublesome. The day I can't do what I want outdoors because I might not be able to do to again, I could well top myself.

Please, no.

From what I've read elsewhere on here I've concluded that you are being affected worse than most by these restrictions, and some in your village sound awful, but just keep going. It will improve, and I reckon you will be able to adapt, or find reasons why you must be allowed out and about. 

I've more or less been kicking about outside as normal, it's not forever anyway. Aside from everything else, this is so interesting a time to be alive, I wanna see how the film ends!

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Please, no.

From what I've read elsewhere on here I've concluded that you are affected worse than most by these restrictions, and some in your village sound awful, but just keep going. It will improve, and I reckon you will be able to adapt, or find reasons why you must be allowed out and about. 

I've more or less been kicking about outside as normal, it's not forever anyway. Aside from everything else, this is so interesting a time to be alive, I wanna see how the film ends!

Oh I'm not topping myself yet, that was when I'm in old age

But if the choice was between staying alive indoors forever or going outside and risking death, I'd take the latter.

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)

I love it mostly.  I'm still working albeit mainly from home so wouldn't be doing anything different during the week anyway.  The only thing I miss is going somewhere nice for a day out/walk on the weekend.  My wife is struggling with it.  She's pregnant and misses not being able to see her family who she's really close to.

Edited by ILikeCake

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Oh I'm not topping myself yet, that was when I'm in old age

But of the choice was between staying alive indoors forever or going outside and risking death, I'd take the latter.

Ah, yeah- I've always thought Id top myself when I'm old if I'm really not into it. 

Even normies won't be putting up with this forever, and from my experience over the last few weeks we can still go out and about.

If you are ever planning on taking yourself out though, may I suggest you take some cunts out at the same time?

xD

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ah, yeah- I've always thought Id top myself when I'm old if I'm really not into it. 

Even normies won't be putting up with this forever, and from my experience over the last few weeks we can still go out and about.

If you are ever planning on taking yourself out though, may I suggest you take some cunts out at the same time?

xD

If I'm still able to shaft a few cunts, preferably outdoors, I won't be taking myself out

Edited by Hopeful

7 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

I love it mostly.  I'm still working albeit mainly from home so wouldn't be doing anything different during the week anyway.  The only thing I miss going somewhere nice for a day out/walk on the weekend though.  My wife is struggling with it.  She's pregnant and misses not being able to see her family who she's really close to.

You can still go out for walks, and drive as long as you're not being silly, which you'd be unlikely to be with a pregnant Mrs anyway. 

I take it she has Skype/Facetime/Duo/Zoom and all that crap? Not quite the same but should stave off the worst of it.

Posted (edited)

There's a pile of people who always want to blame someone for their situation and shout 'not fair!'.  I'd have thought that lot are getting very cross with the current times, and with crossness without anyone listening comes frustration and 'finding things difficult'.

But by that consideration alone you'd expect far more people to describe themselves as 'finding things difficult' -- but many people just need some certainty in their life, and the state we've found ourselves in has a whole pile of certainty (in terms of day-to-day), and that is placating a whole pile of moaners.

Beyond that, I don't think their survey participants were representative of the population; there's a whole set of sub-populations that aren't included in the numbers.  But I'm sure they're not 'finding things difficult' as they're just doing whatever they like, as normal.

Edited by dgul

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, dgul said:

There's a pile of people who always want to blame someone for their situation and shout 'not fair!'.  I'd have thought that lot are getting very cross with the current times, and with crossness without anyone listening comes frustration and 'finding things difficult'.

But by that consideration alone you'd expect far more people to describe themselves as 'finding things difficult' -- but many people just need some certainty in their life, and the state we've found ourselves in has a whole pile of certainty (in terms of day-to-day), and that is placating a hole pile of moaners.

Beyond that, I don't think their survey participants were representative of the population; there's a whole set of sub-populations that aren't included in the numbers.  But I'm sure they're not 'finding things difficult' as they're just doing whatever they like, as normal.

I'm pretty much carrying on as normal, although not driving more than about 4 miles anywhere.

Except

I feel guilty in doing so because loads of people aren't doing perfectly normal and safe things in order to abide by the restrictions to the letter.

I'm having to jump through hoops with authority to justify doing things - like go to sea for legitimate work purposes, while being told I can't fish while out there as that is non essential, but I'm fishing anyway, which makes me feel I'm abusing the privilege I've been given.

I'm having to do a lot in 'stealth' mode.

I wouldn't blame other people if they stopped interfering. Yes, I treat self-important authority and stupid rules with disdain, which infuriates anyone in a position of pseudo power, but that's only to be able to 'live' and get stuff done.

Edited by Hopeful

I think many people are 'NPCs', in that they don't actually live, they just exist.  They fill up the day with distractions - work, sport, drinking, drugs, TV - and just roll the days one after the other.

This lockdown has broken the usual treadmill for them, and they are finding that with time to think, they are in a pretty bad place with nothing to think about.  Also, some in relationships where they don't see the other half much will now be realising what shit life choices they made.

Now, I am not perfect (spent 4 hours last night playing a game online with an elderly relative and talking over VP) in wasting time, but I am perfectly happy to be by myself for any length of time.  The fact I have my kids and wife here with me is a bonus.

Oh, and for two days now some twat has been doing acrobatics in a stunt plane over my town.  wtf?

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I think many people are 'NPCs', in that they don't actually live, they just exist.  They fill up the day with distractions - work, sport, drinking, drugs, TV - and just roll the days one after the other.

This lockdown has broken the usual treadmill for them, and they are finding that with time to think, they are in a pretty bad place with nothing to think about.  Also, some in relationships where they don't see the other half much will now be realising what shit life choices they made.

Now, I am not perfect (spent 4 hours last night playing a game online with an elderly relative and talking over VP) in wasting time, but I am perfectly happy to be by myself for any length of time.  The fact I have my kids and wife here with me is a bonus.

Oh, and for two days now some twat has been doing acrobatics in a stunt plane over my town.  wtf?

Nailed it i think. Most people seem to live on the surface, going from one (expensive) experience to another. They just have to be “doing “. Stop that and they must look around and think, wtf. 

mind, at least the clapping almost every evening for whatever cause, can take their mind off it all. 

40 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I am comfortable with the current restrictions. However I am, for a variety of reasons, unusually content with my own company.

My family, missus in particular, are struggling. I believe it’s because they can’t make any plans or goals. Will the kids return to school? Will we get to go away this Summer. They need things to aim/hope towards. In contrast, I enjoy the lack of structure the lockdown has brought. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Ha hilarious - not come across their channel. Great content to binge watch through.

It would have been something we could have done at college on the side (making comedy sketches) if youtube had been invented back in the 90s - well we played football instead, which was probably better.

Edited by 201p

5 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

I am comfortable with the current restrictions. However I am, for a variety of reasons, unusually content with my own company.

My family, missus in particular, are struggling. I believe it’s because they can’t make any plans or goals. Will the kids return to school? Will we get to go away this Summer. They need things to aim/hope towards. In contrast, I enjoy the lack of structure the lockdown has brought. 

She could be planning a camping expedition in the garden. Probably the safest form of camping only a few feet from your own bed. It is camping in your own garden banned?

And lesson plan for the kids. It's what keeps teachers so busy

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

She could be planning a camping expedition in the garden. Probably the safest form of camping only a few feet from your own bed. It is camping in your own garden banned?

And lesson plan for the kids. It's what keeps teachers so busy

Strangely enough next door erected a family sized tent on most of their small lawn yesterday afternoon, presumably for their 6 year old to have an overnight camping experience.

Perfect day & night for it.