DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I'm off to the Co-Op. Wish me luck in the killing fields...

Shamone

Frank Hovis
17 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Maybe he will break in around the back, with burglar tools?

Yes, I do like the way that people are thinking outside of the box at present.

There is no additional £60 fine for robbing the Co-op at present so it must be one of those key worker activities like nurses.

• Lol 1

34 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Will it be open now?

Good Friday means bank holiday hours.

Touche. My lovely other half took the photo around midday.

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
Just now, Shamone said:

I was genuinely trying to save you a wasted trip!

Actually I looked up Lidl just now as I'm going tomorrow morning and they're open until eight tonight.

• Lol 1

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was genuinely trying to save you a wasted trip!

Actually I looked up Lidl just now as I'm going tomorrow morning and they're open until eight tonight.

Think pretty much all are open till 8, Sainsbury's was and no queues.

1 minute ago, Shamone said:

To be fair, it was bloody awful down there. 1 in 1 out. My wife went in first. This is like a @Hopeful story now. A guy came by and said to the doorkeeper, "Do you do gold top milk for £1.30"

He was already cursing since the cashpoint didnt pay out.

The doorkeeper, bless him, is a bit of an autist and replied "I dont know"

Annoying guy was like "You do 'cos I've bought it before, I'm not waiting in line for a bottle of milk!"

"put one aside for me"

What a wanker.

Like Joe Pesci said in Goodfellas, "I wish I was big just once"

:wanker:

Picture - this is the standard of Co-Op. Jesus.

004.JPG

• Agree 2

crashmonitor

You have to wonder whether the supermarkets are the killing fields and why we are going to be one of the worst hit in the world. The rationing hasn't helped, limits mean people are returning several times a week. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

You have to wonder whether the supermarkets are the killing fields and why we are going to be one of the worst hit in the world. The rationing hasn't helped, limits mean people are returning several times a week. 

Very true

8 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

yes.

because we stocked up in jan/feb, with HUGE shops, we don't need to go.  I will go today for a fresh meat and veg, but that will be my first trip to the supermarket in 3 weeks (I did pop into a local store for some milk last week).  I'll get two weeks of veg, and a week of meat, and use some frozen stuff in between.

If it was rationed per person (is not here where we are in Oz), that would mean going in every 3 days or so.  madness.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Given the potential incubation time, I imagine the virus spreading effect of all the crowds during the panic buying from a couple of weeks back is still to feed through into the infection/death rates yet.

Apparently the panic buying was (surprise, surprise) a uniquely British phenomenon and none of the other European countries witnessed such scenes prior to their lockdowns.

Edited by Royston
  • Agree 1