• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
planit

Covid-19 Treatment

Which ONE do you think is best for preventing Covid-19?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which ONE do you think is best for preventing Covid-19?

• Vitamin C
    • Vitamin D
    • Zinc
    • Chloroquine
    • Another malaria drug
    • Paracetamol
    • Ivermectin
    • It's all a load of shite!

Posted (edited)

The current treatment method is

Stay at home, don't see a doctor until you can't breathe then go to hospital.

Surely the government should be aiming to put something a bit better into place, I am not a doctor but I have designed the following system:

As soon as someone has Covid symptoms get a test kit 

Take the test

If it is positive inform NHS who prescribe the treatment (of which there seems to be quite a few that have shown to help but even a vitamin C tablet is better than nothing)

Get the medication and take. 

If symptoms get worse see a doctor at a Covid treatment centre (hopefully before you get to a can't breathe stage).

The quicker we can get to this stage the better, if people have been tested positive they are much more likely to follow the isolation rules once lockdown is lifted and the virus will stay more under control whilst the economy can carry on.

This relies on test kits being very easily available and UK has done really badly on test kits. Shows how much advantage Germany had with an economy that makes real things.

Edited by spunko

If you feel ill, stay home.  If you get worse to the point of a risk to life, call 111.  If they suggest, go to hospital.  A test result serves no purpose prior to admission for treatment.  If you are ill enough, you are ill enough regardless of what's wrong with you.  Or should a negative test result mean you should stay at home and die of sepsis or whatever?  What's so hard?

3 hours ago, Harley said:

If you feel ill, stay home.  If you get worse to the point of a risk to life, call 111.  If they suggest, go to hospital.  A test result serves no purpose prior to admission for treatment.  If you are ill enough, you are ill enough regardless of what's wrong with you.  Or should a negative test result mean you should stay at home and die of sepsis or whatever?  What's so hard?

Before lockdown:

chances of everyone in household isolating for complete 14 days if someone in their household got a sore throat = 20% 

chances of everyone in household isolating for complete 14 days if someone in their household was tested positive with Covid-19 = 90% 

The test for this reason is very important.

Also you have missed the treatment part. Taking the medication as early as possible must be a good idea.

Posted (edited)

This is one of the real scandals of the response to this virus which needless to say is getting zero attention from our useless media. No one has questioned in any way the first line medical response to Covid-19 which is basically just to self isolate with a packet of paracetamol and not bother the NHS unless you get seriously ill. At that point the Health Service will try some sort of heroic intervention involving ventilators, dialysis etc which will probably end up with 50% of those involved dying. You might think there might be a more concerted attempt to try different treatments in the early stages of the illness to try to limit its severity. It makes you wonder what all those GPs out there are doing apart from authorising repeat prescriptions. Along with teachers they appear to have been one of the first groups to flee the field of battle when the virus first appeared.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Don't think there is "any"medication at the moment at least from the NHS stand point other than paracetamol.  When I phoned 111 the guy did say lots of warm fluids and even "honey that can help".  Things have maybe changed but don't think they are prescribing things like zinc vit c or anti virals yet?

51 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Don't think there is "any"medication at the moment at least from the NHS stand point other than paracetamol.  When I phoned 111 the guy did say lots of warm fluids and even "honey that can help".  Things have maybe changed but don't think they are prescribing things like zinc vit c or anti virals yet?

Yes I understand there is no agreed treatment but surely there should be at least some attempt to trial some of the various drugs used around the world from antivirals to the “controversial” hydroquinone and zinc combination. I accept that the latter may not particularly effective on hospitalised patients but that may well be because it is administered far too late in the viral infection. To my mind the first  line health service response is as inert as any of the politicians. I don’t really need to dial NHS 111 to work out that if I have a fever I might need to keep up my fluid intake. It is as though a whole section of the health service has gone AWOL just leaving A&E and the Hospitals to mop up the casualties. To be honest this was my impression of the GP service before the coronavirus struck but is becoming pretty evident now. What precisely are the taxpayer paying these people to do.

This advice was given to me when I had it (unconfirmed).

Get lots of sleep / rest.  That was good advice.

The next,  and more controversially,  if you get the cough,  make sure you have some tonic water or some Chloroquine then use it as soon as you start to feel tired,  but before you get the chest thing (or as soon as you get the chest thing if too late).

I used tonic water..   I'm pretty sure it made a difference.  Call me out on it and say it's pseudo science if you wish..  perhaps it is.  But what do you have to lose ?

5 hours ago, planit said:

The current treatment method is

Stay at home, don't see a doctor until you can't breathe then go to hospital.

Surely the government should be aiming to put something a bit better into place, I am not a doctor but I have designed the following system:

As soon as someone has Covid symptoms get a test kit 

Take the test

If it is positive inform NHS who prescribe the treatment (of which there seems to be quite a few that have shown to help but even a vitamin C tablet is better than nothing)

Get the medication and take. 

If symptoms get worse see a doctor at a Covid treatment centre (hopefully before you get to a can't breathe stage).

The quicker we can get to this stage the better, if people have been tested positive they are much more likely to follow the isolation rules once lockdown is lifted and the virus will stay more under control whilst the economy can carry on.

This relies on test kits being very easily available and UK has done really badly on test kits. Shows how much advantage Germany had with an economy that makes real things.

I totally and 100% agree that the regime should be geared to keeping people away from the machines that go ping.

Given the rising number of anecdotals re the anti malarials etc that have been winging around the world.

I am not sure what role, if any, local doctors surgeries are playing in this battle thus far.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Covid19 has just confirmed to me that the NHS  at the GP level is pretty useless

The stock answer is always "Come back in two weeks if it doesn't improve i.e if it turns out you are at death's door"

Seems to be no different for Covid19

I went to see my GP just before the house arrest thingy clamped down. We all knew about the CV virus and that it was spreading round the globe. Anyhow, got chatting and he proudly informs me that he has just been to London for the weekend. O.o  couldn’t get out of there fast enough. 

fucking idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

The next,  and more controversially,  if you get the cough,  make sure you have some tonic water or some Chloroquine then use it as soon as you start to feel tired,  but before you get the chest thing (or as soon as you get the chest thing if too late).

I used tonic water..   I'm pretty sure it made a difference.  Call me out on it and say it's pseudo science if you wish..  perhaps it is.  But what do you have to lose ?

Quite right Donald.

1 minute ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Quite right Donald.

Indeed..

There's no point relying on the NHS..  they can't / won't do anything until you are at deaths door.

There is very little you can do yourself,  but those two things are worth a go,  and at worst,  the tonic water will keep you hydrated.

Just now, Libspero said:

Indeed..

There's no point relying on the NHS..  they can't / won't do anything until you are at deaths door.

There is very little you can do yourself,  but those two things are worth a go,  and at worst,  the tonic water will keep you hydrated.

Millions of boxes of chloroquine or 1000s of ventilators? No sekshy enough.

Im loading up my asda basket with tonic tomorrow. I do have chloroquine here, but would prefer a baseline dose running 24/7 as a preventative.

Need to sort out some non booze based tonic beverages.

DOSBODDERS heal thyself.

22 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Yes I understand there is no agreed treatment but surely there should be at least some attempt to trial some of the various drugs used around the world from antivirals to the “controversial” hydroquinone and zinc combination. I accept that the latter may not particularly effective on hospitalised patients but that may well be because it is administered far too late in the viral infection. To my mind the first  line health service response is as inert as any of the politicians. I don’t really need to dial NHS 111 to work out that if I have a fever I might need to keep up my fluid intake. It is as though a whole section of the health service has gone AWOL just leaving A&E and the Hospitals to mop up the casualties. To be honest this was my impression of the GP service before the coronavirus struck but is becoming pretty evident now. What precisely are the taxpayer paying these people to do.

Completely agree, my gp surgery gave a non existent phone number and two other numbers to dial for non covid related matters.  I had no idea if I had covid but had a chesty cough that I thought maybe antibiotics could clear. Couldn't get though to the non urgent one and phoning the urgent one got straight through and was asked off the bat if I had a cough I said yes and immediately referred to 111.

I got a call back later from a Dr in a local hub that said I could go in for a once over but if I can avoid best to unless gets worse.  Wouldn't prescribe any antibiotics as viral and thought I definitely had (honestly hard to know we still don't know anything).

If only they were willing to try some of the medications that other countries seem to have been having success with...I don't understand really (too centralised to make the decision, potential for lawsuits idk)

Just now, Dogtania said:

Completely agree, my gp surgery gave a non existent phone number and two other numbers to dial for non covid related matters.  I had no idea if I had covid but had a chesty cough that I thought maybe antibiotics could clear. Couldn't get though to the non urgent one and phoning the urgent one got straight through and was asked off the bat if I had a cough I said yes and immediately referred to 111.

I got a call back later from a Dr in a local hub that said I could go in for a once over but if I can avoid best to unless gets worse.  Wouldn't prescribe any antibiotics as viral and thought I definitely had (honestly hard to know we still don't know anything).

If only they were willing to try some of the medications that other countries seem to have been having success with...I don't understand really (too centralised to make the decision, potential for lawsuits idk)

There could be law suits if they dont in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Where did you receive this advice out of interest?  Was it through a NHS worker (or even one that was talking off the record?)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

No one has questioned in any way the first line medical response to Covid-19 which is basically just to self isolate with a packet of paracetamol and not bother the NHS unless you get seriously ill. At that point the Health Service will try some sort of heroic intervention involving ventilators, dialysis etc which will probably end up with 50% of those involved dying.

By the sounds of it, an ounce of prophylaxis is worth a pound of "cure", which is why I'm hi-dosing anything likely to improve my immunity, C, D3 + K2, Quercetin, Bromelain, Zinc, NAC etc.

Should I start showing symptoms,  I'll take my usual approach to flu/ colds, ie. virtual hibernation (sleeping around the clock) forcing my temperature as high as I can make it via 24/7 C/H, hot drinks and multiple duvets.

Last resort, I have Chloroquine, Azintromycin and invermectin, all of which I'd try before touching the NHS. And they can stuff their ventilators.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Where did you receive this advice out of interest?  Was it through a NHS worker (or even one that was talking off the record?)

The advice to rest was from here (private message to other people who had reported having similar symptoms).

The tonic water I did off the back of reports on here and in the news that quinine was rumoured to be anecdotally beneficial.

I have no scientific basis for it working,  what makes me think it did "something" was that I took it when I started to feel really tired..  I drank a bottle..   and almost immediately (within a few hours) I started to get the chest thing).  It felt like the tonic had somehow sped up the process.

I was knocked out for a couple days..  but I recovered much more quickly than most report.  That is my whole and entire basis for thinking there might be something in it..  nothing more or less.    It could be complete happenstance.

It will be interesting to know for sure once the clinical trials are completed.

Edited by Libspero

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Libspero said:

The advice to rest was from here (private message to other people who had reported having similar symptoms).

The tonic water I did off the back of reports on here and in the news that quinine was rumoured to be anecdotally beneficial.

I have no scientific basis for it working,  what makes me think it did "something" was that I took it when I started to feel really tired..  I drank a bottle..   and almost immediately (within a few hours) I started to get the chest thing).  It felt like the tonic had somehow sped up the process.

I was knocked out for a couple days..  but I recovered much more quickly than most report.  That is my whole and entire basis for thinking there might be something in it..  nothing more or less.    It could be complete happenstance.

It will be interesting to know for sure once the clinical trials are completed.

Thanks... Yeah the quinine thing is very interesting.  Used to be a life saver for malaria when discovered it helped used widely across in the new world back then (even in North America). Don't think it is used these days to treat malaria but interesting that all these success stories and anecdotes are from anti malaria drugs.  Glad your well regardless

Edited by Dogtania

33 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Im loading up my asda basket with tonic tomorrow. I do have chloroquine here, but would prefer a baseline dose running 24/7 as a preventative.

DOSBODDERS heal thyself.

It will be a wasted journey to ASDA as it is Easter Sunday which I think along with Christmas is one of the days the supermarkets can not legally open.

1 minute ago, Virgil Caine said:

It will be a wasted journey to ASDA as it is Easter Sunday which I think along with Christmas is one of the days the supermarkets can not legally open.

Sorry should have said online basket. Coming monday lunch time.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, BBH said:

Medicine has made great strides these last 100 years.

Apparently

In the past they just let you  die  then buried  you. Now they ventilate you for a bit and then stick you in a coffin. 

Edited by Virgil Caine

15 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

In the past they just let you then die buried  you. Now they ventilate you for a bit and then stick you in a coffin. 

It's called flattening the curve.

They keep you inflated until your death fits the narrative.

BlowUPdoll.thumb.jpg.1484aacaa59890f5871d83b3fa3783a6.jpg

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

DOSBODDERS heal thyself.

Which brand are you buying?