• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
snaga

How's the lockdown working in your area?

Recommended Posts

I found the government stats for all daily cases you can download it here - https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/documents/Historic COVID-19 Dashboard Data.xlsx

For Cambridgeshire - 

image.png.0fc49f907f205a74da178e4848dcd8dd.png

image.png.32bf382ed73a147f24c7f0b216a4e629.png

 

Looks like the peak was 40 cases per day. There has to be a strong case for relaxing lockdown rules on a regional bases and get parts of the economy moving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really aren't pulling our weight down here. Only 45 cases so far.

Good job we have just imported a load from London to give us a hand up the league table. I have set our sights on at least overtaking the Orkney Islands by the end of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

We really aren't pulling our weight down here. Only 45 cases so far.

Good job we have just imported a load from London to give us a hand up the league table. I have set our sights on at least overtaking the Orkney Islands by the end of the week.

Oooh

Someone will soon shout "You Bastard" at somebody else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, snaga said:

I found the government stats for all daily cases you can download it here - https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/documents/Historic COVID-19 Dashboard Data.xlsx

For Cambridgeshire - 

image.png.0fc49f907f205a74da178e4848dcd8dd.png

image.png.32bf382ed73a147f24c7f0b216a4e629.png

 

Looks like the peak was 40 cases per day. There has to be a strong case for relaxing lockdown rules on a regional bases and get parts of the economy moving?

Just make the decision using number of local mosques.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated stats for Cambridgeshire after my trip to work yesterday, there is no lockdown, it's a lie, roads and streets are far busier than portrayed in the media. It's a segregation policy. 

5 weeks in to the lockdown, and there is no down trend in cases, I fear this is intentional and those cut off will remain cut off for a long time while the other half carry on as normal.

image.png.3c5041983298c33689e60946cec187f1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/04/2020 at 09:13, Wight Flight said:

We really aren't pulling our weight down here. Only 45 cases so far.

Good job we have just imported a load from London to give us a hand up the league table. I have set our sights on at least overtaking the Orkney Islands by the end of the week.

Go your area.well I’m doing my bit my lads been playing at school every day even the Easter bank holidays .and I’ve so far managed to go work like normal .its not where I work yet but it soon will be .im at a real hospital again Saturday night where it’s got patients with it .ps night 2 of barbaques with the neighbours is over might have tonight off I’m flagging .but that’s 4 in the last 10 days 

Edited by stokiescum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday our street was mega busy. Tee surgeons did turn up in separate vehicles.

Loads of people about. Car valeting bloke doing one house's Cara. 

Council grass cutters turned up. Which is a shame as some wild flowers coming up.

Next door had family round.

Loads of cars going round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're still fairly observant round my way. Lots of people out walking, but I got a sort of 'pass wider' hand signal from one bloke on a path, and another chap ostentatiously put a mask on when he saw me coming. The Big Clap did not seem to be observed though and there do seem to be more cars about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snaga said:

Updated stats for Cambridgeshire after my trip to work yesterday, there is no lockdown, it's a lie, roads and streets are far busier than portrayed in the media. It's a segregation policy. 

5 weeks in to the lockdown, and there is no down trend in cases, I fear this is intentional and those cut off will remain cut off for a long time while the other half carry on as normal.

image.png.3c5041983298c33689e60946cec187f1.png

 

We have shrodingers lockdown - countries like Sweden where there isn't but companies like Volvo still shut, limits on numbers/events, people self distancing and  countries where there are people in the shires are doing pretty much the same.

Self employed, really is no incentive the follow any lockdown rules at all as get the feeling simply being sold out, so loads of them are working regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

They're still fairly observant round my way. Lots of people out walking, but I got a sort of 'pass wider' hand signal from one bloke on a path, and another chap ostentatiously put a mask on when he saw me coming. The Big Clap did not seem to be observed though and there do seem to be more cars about.

Yes, I'm seeing the same, in our local lockdown bubble, where we are following the rules. But it's the other world beyond lockdown where people are leaving their homes to work, where adherance to the rules are being openly flouted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harley said:

Posh area.  The golfers have their own surgeons!

Yup that's how posh it is here.

Road was busier as we went to corner shop for milk. Bloke having BBQ a few doors down from shop in his front yard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

....

Bloke having BBQ a few doors down from shop in his front yard. 

Weber or old oil drum?

Just checking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Harley said:

Weber or old oil drum?

Just checking!

A square fire pit but BBQ charcoal. No food on it when we went past. I think he was sat out last time we went by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.