DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Who's turned into a fat Bastard?

Sucralose Ray Leonard

Sucralose Ray Leonard

So, it's at least a month since I was last at the Gym. Went at least twice, usually thrice a week. I'm a big lad, 6ft and 17 stone. Chubby I suppose rather than being a blob, and In Jan I was in best shape I'd been for years. Defined pecs, flattened gut (not a 6 pack). 

I am visibly fatter In the mirror now. 

Anyone else gone full on fat bastard already? I'm not boozing either. 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Not yet

Breakfast a banana, lunch an apple and stick of celery, dinner is a meal. No alcohol or bread.

Probably 1200 cals a day.

Walking and swimming in cold sea

Under normal circs would expect to lose weight

Static at present.

And I need to lose 1kg to creep below the overweight category on BMI. Current BMI 25.2

Edited by Hopeful
  • Informative 1

Starting to lose gradually by upping the cardio (cycling)

12 miles daily in the first week of lockdown and 22 miles daily since.

5-6 times a week as I have to bloody work as well.

I’ve lost a couple of pounds. Not going out to eat and cutting back on booze have more than made up for losing the cycle commute to work. That and the stress of all of this has definitely knocked my appetite back a bit. I’m still managing an hour or so a day in Zwift though. If I gave that up I expect I’d start to gain weight.

JohnThePessimist

Weight has stayed steady according to the scales, but I have definitely bloated, I attribute this to more alcohol and less resistance training. 
With kids, you have to be a selfish fucker to make the time to train regularly. I have been spending more time with the kids, and little/no time training. 

• Agree 1

I have gained weight, feel tired by 4pm and my knees and ankles now click when I walk around, like those of my partner.

My piss-taking has come back to haunt me.

• Lol 3

3 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

With kids, you have to be a selfish fucker to make the time to train regularly. I have been spending more time with the kids, and little/no time training.

Work has been quieter so I’m actually getting more exercise than I usually would.  Like you, I’m usually constrained between work and juggling pre-schoolers.   It’s actually quite nice to squeeze in a tiny bit of “me” time :)

Turned Out Nice Again

Slowly getting heavier. I must admit the stash is proving toxic for me. I'd underestimated how much I relied on not keeping much to eat around the house, forcing me to walk into town for supplies.

Also doesn't help that I'm very loathe to throw food away.

crashmonitor

Opposite problem for me..keeping weight up.  I am used to supplementing our healthy home meals ( wife's only 8 stone and we have similar meals) with rubbish for energy. Meals out ( especially Spoons), snacks from shops ( against the spirit of the rules to drop in for a chocolate bar now). I have ordered a 50 box of flapjacks from Blackfriars to get some energy for long walks.

Edited by crashmonitor

Covid19 and life to go

Walking 10 to 15 miles a day... Still put on a few pounds though and not looking as lean.  Missing weights and conditioning work... I know I can do stuff without but as of yet haven't had the motivation too.

Activity levels pre lockdown were very high.

Edited by Covid19 and life to go
Blurblahblah

crashmonitor
24 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Walking 10 to 15 miles a day... Still put on a few pounds though and not looking as lean.  Missing weights and conditioning work... I know I can do stuff without but as of yet haven't had the motivation too.

Activity levels pre lockdown were very high.

Thank God they haven't put a time  limit on the daily exercise. A 15 mile walk in the hills is a good 5 hours. 15 miles in the hills means meeting nobody as opposed to a short walk in the village where you are bound to be dodging folk to stick to 2m. Fwiw I am doing 27,000 steps a day this month which is 13 miles ( more than normal for me). According to the Samsung ap 1.54 miles is the global average. 8 miles per day puts you into the top 1%, for a 55 year old man you need to do over 10 miles to be in the top 1% for your age group.

Edited by crashmonitor

Covid19 and life to go
17 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Thank God they haven't put a time  limit on the daily exercise. A 15 mile walk in the hills is a good 5 hours. 15 miles in the hills means meeting nobody as opposed to a short walk in the village where you are bound to be dodging folk to stick to 2m. Fwiw I am doing 27,000 steps a day this month which is 13 miles ( more than normal for me). According to the Samsung ap 1.54 miles is the global average. 8 miles per day puts you into the top 1%, for a 55 year old man you need to do over 10 miles to be in the top 1% for your age group.

Very true... Wonder if that will still be the case of this 'app' comes out forcing only up to an hours exercise or else you'll get a fine.  It's like a while new credits economy could be built from this.  My walls tend to be 3.5 hours tops as it's mostly flat fields rather than up in the hills.  Still I don't think that'd be classified as reasonable by the stasi as I'm using my common sense to go near our over 3k kcal... Keeping one's health in check is a no no for the economy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

I have put nearly a stone on, and am feeling a bit of a fat cunt again.

But I still have gorgeous hair...

XYY

which one did you choose today?

iu.jpeg

On 12/04/2020 at 21:47, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I have no scales, but I'm defo getting bitch tits and my t-shirt that I wore today had somehow shrunk.... 

If you're a regular resistance gym user with high muscle mass,   time away from the gym is a killer.   That muscle will turn to fat in no time if you don't keep up a high level of other exercise.

You'll be even more gutted when you go back to the gym and see how much strength you've lost  :CryBaby:

Sucralose Ray Leonard
3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

If you're a regular resistance gym user with high muscle mass,   time away from the gym is a killer.   That muscle will turn to fat in no time if you don't keep up a high level of other exercise.

You'll be even more gutted when you go back to the gym and see how much strength you've lost  :CryBaby:

I don't need to go back to the gym to know how much weaker I am sadly. I do have some free weights at home that I intend to start using again soon, but I literally have no strength at present. Not even to do pushups, which I'm quite good at. A walk yesterday evening had me in bed for 8:30pm.

(I'm sure I've had Corona) 

• Agree 2