DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The economy is totally and utterly fucked

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No matter what kind of spin they try to put on it, it is buggered. I might be a bit biased having watched the big short again tonight, but we were already heading there. Sub prime car loans in th

At risk of bringing this thread back on topic, I wanted to add a few thoughts As part of their policy to keep everyone in doors and also convince everyone that this is all necessary they have sca

Posted Images

On 09/09/2020 at 21:17, Andersen said:

The number of students turning to sex work is rising as a result of the pandemic, Sky News has learned after many hours hands-on research. More students than normal are thinking about sex.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more-students-are-turning-to-sex-work-during-covid-19-pandemic-12066700
Note several photos in the article but all are white. Racial discrimination !
Going by the threads on here its not just students keeping their hand in during lockdown :wanker:

It was on the news yesterday that my nearest Uni were going to cut 200 jobs because of a lack of foreign students. The sex workers here might be unemployed letchurers instead of students.

On 10/09/2020 at 22:05, JoeDavola said:

Not exactly a great advert for the UK’s prostitution industry.

I don’t think the media like to advertise it.  Whenever the BBC etc run a story on sex workers they always seem to manage to find some fat, drugged up 50 year old.

I guess if they show attractive 20 year olds they know every bloke in the country will be be booking an appointment the second the program ends..

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

I don’t think the media like to advertise it.  Whenever the BBC etc run a story on sex workers they always seem to manage to find some fat, drugged up 50 year old.

I guess if they show attractive 20 year olds they know every bloke in the country will be be booking an appointment the second the program ends..

I know that @The XYY Man has made this comment several times already but that would provide an economic (and otherwise) stimulus. #EOTHO 

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Fucking state of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-54164417

'Applying for everything and anything'

Hannah's previous job was in careers advice - a situation that felt bitterly ironic.

"Having been working in careers, I was then questioning my ability to support people into work when I was struggling to find work."

_114384448_hannah3.jpg

Well she could always go into advertising for diets and weight reduction plans

4 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Fucking state of it.

Hannah's previous job was in careers advice - a situation that felt bitterly ironic.

"Having been working in careers, I was then questioning my ability to support people into work when I was struggling to find work."

_114384448_hannah3.jpg

Is that some kind of joke? Shes going for a job is she not...where on earth does posting tarty selfies factor into seeking employment? Surely can't be serious she did Zoom interviews looking like that and if not why did she (presumably) supply that photo to the BBC.

5 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Fucking state of it.

_114384448_hannah3.jpg

She’s 23. A Blair baby.

7 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

British retail sales had already overtaken pre-COVID levels in July and now stand 4.0% higher than before the crisis.

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/2020/9/18/uk-retail-sales-rise-further-above-pre-covid-levels?

Not too surprising, with online sales up 34%+.  People not exactly batting down the hatches, just bored with too much spare change left over from missed holidays.  Of course could be also others bringing forwards big expenditures like the washing machine that needed replaced, moving to a new normal world with less real time gym and more at home exercise equipment.  And others shuffling around ie moving to their country pile so spending large to bring it up to speed.

Wonder the breakdown ie clothes and fashion Vs DIY etc.  Probably DIY and the like the big mover of figures.

I had to go into what used to be a thriving market town yesterday afternoon on business, expecting it to be very busy.

Half the shops were boarded up, the other half had at most 2 or 3 people in and some were completely empty.  3 or 4 market stalls only and no-one around.

There were very few people around.  I haven't been into town for months and was actually very shocked at the deterioration in such a short time.  On the other hand, traffic was an absolute nightmare coming home (I think I hit pre-rush hour)

19 minutes ago, eight said:

Contrast the above two posts. Who is correct?

Both!

From the HL article:

However, the rebound masks a sharp split between online and high-street retailers, with online and mail order retailing up 34.4% on the year in August, while many traditional retailers outside the grocery sector have suffered reduced footfall.

27 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Okay.......

The music industry is completely fucked (if anyone cares).

I have close ties with the RAF music dept. as I live damned close to RAF Northolt and work/friends with several of the musos there.

One informed me yesterday that two trumpet players were auditioning to join (rank and file). One was one of the players in the BBC strictly band and the other is principal tpt of the CBSO. Both are top of their game musicians who would mop up any work going - world class players.

now, while I'm not going to slag off the musicians in the RAF (many of whom are very good) it was always seen as a fallback option for those that didn't make the cream in the free market.

These two guys are much better than I ever was at my playing peak, so i was utterly shocked. The show scene and live concert decimation has forced their hand.

Fooooked I tell thee.

Very interesting! Things like that are early warning signs of what is happening up the chain I think.

43 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Okay.......

I have close ties with the RAF music dept. as I live damned close to RAF Northolt and work/friends with several of the musos there.

One informed me yesterday that two trumpet players were auditioning to join (rank and file). One was one of the players in the BBC strictly band and the other is principal tpt of the CBSO. Both are top of their game musicians who would mop up any work going - world class players.

now, while I'm not going to slag off the musicians in the RAF (many of whom are very good) it was always seen as a fallback option for those that didn't make the cream in the free market.

These two guys are much better than I ever was at my playing peak, so i was utterly shocked. The show scene and live concert decimation has forced their hand.

Fooooked I tell thee.

It's all very well until one of them starts improvising a tango theme on The Last Post at the Cenotaph come November.

2 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

Okay.......

Fooooked I tell thee.

Yep, tallies with friends I have in the performing arts in London. Life as they knew it ended in the last week of March.

Totally fucked.