DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The economy is totally and utterly fucked

MrLibertyRedux
30 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Wigan Council put this out to local publicans.

1803013689_WiganCouncilEuros2021.thumb.jpg.9c3b8e5e9ec93731727f0fdb91ab1c62.jpg

This is what happens when the Public Sector is too big, and has licence to interfere with the minutiae of people's lives.

French Open last night has people being ejected out of the stadium because of the Covid Curfew before and at a key point of the Djokovic-Berrettini Quarter-Final. Ze rules are how you say craaazy! 

Doesn't look like they expect the restrictions to be lifted on the 21st then either.

• Agree 2
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wight Flight

• Austin Allegro

• JoeDavola

• eight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No matter what kind of spin they try to put on it, it is buggered. I might be a bit biased having watched the big short again tonight, but we were already heading there. Sub prime car loans in th

At risk of bringing this thread back on topic, I wanted to add a few thoughts As part of their policy to keep everyone in doors and also convince everyone that this is all necessary they have sca

A child's education cannot survive a sneaky day off under normal circumstances, but six months is fine.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Doesn't look like they expect the restrictions to be lifted on the 21st then either.

My experience of Wigan from Sunday is that it's a perfect candidate for rapid spread...one street of pubs, well connected to lots of satellite towns like Ince, Hindley, plus west into Merseyrail areas. Pubs that attract all age groups.

Now I'm feeling a bit off/odd... o.O

• Cheers 1
Snake Plissken
1 minute ago, Stuey said:

My experience of Wigan from Sunday is that it's a perfect candidate for rapid spread...one street of pubs, well connected to lots of satellite towns like Ince, Hindley, plus west into Merseyrail areas. Pubs that attract all age groups.

Have you been on the piss for a week?

1 minute ago, Snake Plissken said:

Have you been on the piss for a week?

Just Saturday to Monday tbh. Gym in Preston felt humid yday and today too, and not as well ventilated as my Teesside one :o

Snake Plissken
1 minute ago, Stuey said:

Just Saturday to Monday tbh. Gym in Preston felt humid yday and today too, and not as well ventilated as my Teesside one :o

If you're feeling rough stay out of the boozers and the gym, be right in no time

25 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I'd suggest the question is rather how many care homes does it have?

• Lol 1
Wight Flight

Bounce back loans should have started to be repaid by now.

However there is the option to put repayments on hold for six months, or just pay the interest. (and spread the term to 10 years as well)

Trying to find some numbers on how many are actually repaying but struggling.

Anyone know? - it will be an interesting insight in to the state of business confidence. 

• Informative 1
Jazztraveller
27 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

However there is the option to put repayments on hold for six months, or just pay the interest. (and spread the term to 10 years as well)

Anyone know? - it will be an interesting insight in to the state of business confidence. 

Put mine on hold for 6 months. I have a feeling something big is coming along that will render repayments moot.

• Agree 1
Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, Jazztraveller said:

Put mine on hold for 6 months. I have a feeling something big is coming along that will render repayments moot.

Agreed. Logic says if inflation is coming, we should use up the six months on hold and 18 months 'interest only' options.

Won't ever get money that cheap again.

• Agree 2
Jazztraveller
4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Agreed. Logic says if inflation is coming, we should use up the six months on hold and 18 months 'interest only' options.

Won't ever get money that cheap again.

Well I was thinking more of global financial collapse and restructuring... but okay 😄

• Lol 1
Wight Flight

Another point.

It is the quarter day on 24th June. Rents are due.

How many are just going to hand back the keys if they can't open up fully three days prior?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
Southmartin
21 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

The I go to order on their site. They have a one pound 'booking fee' on their website. A quid for using their website to book a ticket. Their servers must be pretty fucking expensive if it costs them a quid's worth of computing power to reserve a single seat for me.

They can fuck off. I think I'd have been less annoyed if they just charged me 8 quid off the bat instead of that silly shit.

Totally with you on this... the booking fee shit pisses me of - especially as it's per ticket! So if I buy 4, then the fee is x4 too... £4 oh really? did it take you four times longer to perform that process then?? Fuck off

• Agree 4
SillyBilly
18 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Update: figured I’d just walk over and pay in person. 10-ish minute walk away.

So I arrive with 5 mins until movie starts - I’m prevented from walking in by an obese young woman in a mask standing beside a pile of of forms and hand sanitizer.

She mumbles at me.

”What?”

”You have to fill in your details for track and trace…”

”Oh….Ok….”

And I just turned round and left. Fuck that. Yes I could have given false details but I can’t be arsed.

If they’re gonna put so many barriers up then they can fuck off, and don’t feel hard done by when the cinema industry goes out of business. Cunts.

I've been looked at like I am a leper, 31 and I don't carry a smart phone with me when out socially so can't scan myself in. Had to manually sign in a couple of times in which case I do faithfully reproduce every single digit of my phone number...except the last one.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Roger_Mellie
18 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Update: figured I’d just walk over and pay in person. 10-ish minute walk away.

So I arrive with 5 mins until movie starts - I’m prevented from walking in by an obese young woman in a mask standing beside a pile of of forms and hand sanitizer.

She mumbles at me.

”What?”

”You have to fill in your details for track and trace…”

”Oh….Ok….”

And I just turned round and left. Fuck that. Yes I could have given false details but I can’t be arsed.

If they’re gonna put so many barriers up then they can fuck off, and don’t feel hard done by when the cinema industry goes out of business. Cunts.

It's the only way to do it. I've lost count of the number of times I've just turned around. 

I was in one place where the shop is over 2 floors, went to go upstairs only to be asked by a woman with a counter to 'just wait for a moment' before I could go upstairs. It took a second or two to sink in what she was asking me to do then I just turned around and walked out. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Yadda yadda yadda
17 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I've been looked at like I am a leper, 31 and I don't carry a smart phone with me when out socially so can't scan myself in. Had to manually sign in a couple of times in which case I do faithfully reproduce every single digit of my phone number...except the last one.

Just transpose a couple.

The only places I'm going that ask for this are pubs. I'm not bothering with anywhere else. At pubs I just pretend to scan in with my phone. Some earnest woman went marching across the pub to show the staff that she had scanned yesterday. I think the staff know I'm not doing it but plausible deniability is on their side.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
16 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

My number really is 07777 777777 though

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

My number really is 07777 777777 though

That's really unique. I wondered why I've been getting pinged by brothels so much...

• Lol 2
Southmartin
22 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I enter all the right numbers... just not necessarily in the right order!

(Hat Tip Eric Morecambe)

• Lol 2
Boglet
10 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Just transpose a couple.

The only places I'm going that ask for this are pubs. I'm not bothering with anywhere else. At pubs I just pretend to scan in with my phone. Some earnest woman went marching across the pub to show the staff that she had scanned yesterday. I think the staff know I'm not doing it but plausible deniability is on their side.

The couple of pubs I go to the bar staff just say and gesture something about signing in on the pad over there to fulfil their obligation and that's it, couldn't give a shit.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Harley
46 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It's the only way to do it. I've lost count of the number of times I've just turned around. 

I was in one place where the shop is over 2 floors, went to go upstairs only to be asked by a woman with a counter to 'just wait for a moment' before I could go upstairs. It took a second or two to sink in what she was asking me to do then I just turned around and walked out. 

Tbh I've been doing stuff like this before Covid.  We lived in Germany when service was mostly non existent (with some excellent exceptions).  It was there we coined the phrase "it's our money and we don't have to spend it".  Sometimes the best money "unspent" - an exercise in choice, free will and principal.  Maybe better value than actually paying up!

Edited by Harley
ad_ceng
On 11/06/2021 at 10:31, Wight Flight said:

I saw a woman on twitter yesterday say she took a bounce back, and her business went anyway. She said she was not able to make the payments back, which was interesting as i thought they were not personally liable however, she was saying they are checking where the loans when to ensure there was no malfeasance so people might still be on the hook. 

Disgusting really if the government closed you it should pay compensation not loans 

JoeDavola
3 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I do wonder if I’m cutting my nose off to spite my face. But I just want to limit how much I engage with this circus.

I did the sign in with a fake phone number thing when I was at the pub with my mates.

• Agree 2