DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The economy is totally and utterly fucked

Wight Flight

1 hour ago, tlc said:

People are still afraid/hiding and got used to doing their own hair during lockdown. 

People have got used to shit hair. And being even bigger tubs of lard. 

Maybe they should start doing a ladies trim that takes ten minutes for £8? Just an idea...

• Agree 1

Battenberg
1 hour ago, tlc said:

My usual hairdresser is in a prime location with loads of passing trade.

It used to be difficult to get an appointment with a weeks notice usual.

I'd not been there for nearly 2 years until this week.

The place was absolutely dead.

Usually there would be 3-4 hairdressers in the week with a least two assistants.

Passing trade (blokes having a haircut) would queue waiting for service. All chairs occupied. Old ladies always there having their hair curled and set. The place was always busy.

This weeks visit saw me as the only phone appointment for the day. Only 2 blokes were passing trade in the 3 hours I was there. Only one hairdresser and one assistant. Cost of hair do up from £52 to £68.

The hairdresser says it's been absolutely dead and they've had to let staff go. People are still afraid/hiding and got used to doing their own hair during lockdown. 

Do you get a cup of coffee? My hairdresser doesn’t even give you that now, covid innit. I’m not going back to the woke, Drakeford loving, fucking bitch. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Battenberg said:

Do you get a cup of coffee? My hairdresser doesn’t even give you that now, covid innit. I’m not going back to the woke, Drakeford loving, fucking bitch. 

I was offered tea or coffee more than once but declined as I rarely drink either.

To add ambience to the place, an ex employee was hanging about coughing up a lung. Probably not wise having her hanging about given how nervous covidians are.

• Lol 2

This was central London at 9am about 2 weeks ago.

It was a Friday morning so I guess a staple WFH day, but it was like a zombie movie... never known it like this ever

20211116_202257.thumb.jpg.413c899f7289ab59ff3b67254f8fb3b9.jpg

• Informative 8

Bus Stop Boxer
3 minutes ago, ste said:

This was central London at 9am about 2 weeks ago.

It was a Friday morning so I guess a staple WFH day, but it was like a zombie movie... never known it like this ever

20211116_202257.thumb.jpg.413c899f7289ab59ff3b67254f8fb3b9.jpg

vvend038.jpg

• Cheers 2

The Grey Man

I am not happy with the scrapping of the East/West Pennines rail link scrapping. That would have joined the connurbations from Liverpool out past Leeds. Rail link in the bin.

A big infrastructure business link.

All about keeping us down. Happy to pay the T & T costs though

Not really arsed now about political colours.

Cross rail...what ever it costs.

Keep it up. 20 years hence there might be a divide in England. 

I know where the cash comes from

You know where the soldiers come from.

Not an exhaustive search.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/sep/09/british-army-explicitly-targeting-working-class-recruits-say-critics

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

I am not happy with the scrapping of the East/West Pennines rail link scrapping. That would have joined the connurbations from Liverpool out past Leeds. Rail link in the bin.

Where would you have the trains stopping? The problem is our main calling points are ten miles apart each and trains can't get up enough speed. And then the Pennines...

• Informative 1

sarahbell
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

Where would you have the trains stopping? The problem is our main calling points are ten miles apart each and trains can't get up enough speed. And then the Pennines...

Indeed. 

18 hours ago, tlc said:

I was offered tea or coffee more than once but declined as I rarely drink either.

To add ambience to the place, an ex employee was hanging about coughing up a lung. Probably not wise having her hanging about given how nervous covidians are.

The colouring place round the corner gives you booze. But it's pricier than I'd pay for a haircut. Which is zero. 

The Generation Game
5 hours ago, Stuey said:

Our bit east of there is pretty flat and they still won't electrify the fucking lines. 

I wonder if, when they ban diesel locomotives, they'll electrify it then or just cut Hull off from the world (well, even moreso).