DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Anyone else feeling ridiculously hot?

Loki

Not sure if it is just because we've had a warm few days but felt absolutely roasting this evening and clammy.

Feel fine otherwise and walked 4 miles earlier.

I seem to have had spells of this since December which is weird.

Carl Fimble

Felt hot when I briefly fell asleep in bed with my clothes on and the heating on earlier. 

Fine aside from that, it's been sunny and warmish here, not hot though. Cold now outside, I've felt cold more than hot recently.

TLDR : No.

Edited by Carl Fimble
Making it more obvious, too babbly (sp?)
  • Agree 2

Carl Fimble
16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Not sure if it is just because we've had a warm few days but felt absolutely roasting this evening and clammy.

Maybe there's something going about?

I've not heard of anything though.

xD

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Loki said:

Sounds like you’re going through the change.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

xD yeah i did wonder.  When it happened earlier in the year i just thought it was either stress or a final response to the weird "is it isn't it" bug that I had and posted about.  

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

Sounds like you’re going through the change.

It would need a bloody big change before that changexD

• Lol 3

JohnThePessimist
20 minutes ago, Loki said:

It was getting cool as we finished dinner on the patio about 8 this evening. It’s now pissing down outside.

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, JohnThePessimist said:

It was getting cool as we finished dinner on the patio about 8 this evening. It’s now pissing down outside.

Yeah it's a pleasant temp outside now, no rain yet though. Any lightening? Love a good storm

• Agree 1

JohnThePessimist
5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yeah it's a pleasant temp outside now, no rain yet though. Any lightening? Love a good storm

No, and none forecast, as far as I know. Bloody dog is barking like she has forgotten the sound of rain.

Carl Fimble

4 degrees here, not raining, coldish but alright, fresh, but my hands are a bit cold.

Was nice earlier, sunny and warm, out almost all day long and had a fire at the end of the night. We did the full egg hunting, egg rolling, lamb late lunch, everything aside from the rellies, and church.

I'm still up and about, doing a bit of work and smoking, hence my awareness of current local climate conditions. 

Today was a good day.

Hope you're just feeling a bit warm and being para coz the virus innnit. You'll be fine bruv *.

* Probably.

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
  • Agree 1

Yes, it started hitting 40C regularly the past few weeks. Then the rains started on exactly the day when they are supposed to (Khmer New Year), with it raining all night last night (New Year’s Eve) after the normal 5-month dry season.

Please don’t inform Greta as the weather following the 2500 years of exact pattern would upset her “World is on Fire” construct.

Edited by Bkkandrew
Missing punctuation
  • Agree 3
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip

Just woke up having had one of those hot nights where I really needed to go get myself a drink in the middle of the night. But was too tired to do so. I am now dehydrated. 

25 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Just woke up having had one of those hot nights where I really needed to go get myself a drink in the middle of the night. But was too tired to do so. I am now dehydrated. 

Didn't you get something that was almost certainly COVID?  Too many posts to go back through

The Masked Tulip
11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Didn't you get something that was almost certainly COVID?  Too many posts to go back through

I hope so. I mean, I hope I had it as my body is devoid of energy now and incapable of fighting off a cold, let alone anything worse.

I had my electric blanket on to warm my bed when I got in. I fell asleep with it on though and awoke about 3ish very hot and switched it off. But it was still very warm overnight. It is is warm and sunny now. Bit of a gust here though so a storm os in the making I suspect.

• Agree 1

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I hope so. I mean, I hope I had it as my body is devoid of energy now and incapable of fighting off a cold, let alone anything worse.

I had my electric blanket on to warm my bed when I got in. I fell asleep with it on though and awoke about 3ish very hot and switched it off. But it was still very warm overnight. It is is warm and sunny now. Bit of a gust here though so a storm os in the making I suspect.

I hope so too, at least you'll be immune even if feeling weak.  Update this thread if you get any 'hot' episodes outside of electric blankets xD there's so much weirdness with this virus it's hard to know what's true and what isn't.  My initial thought when starting this was the 're-infection' aspect.  If the body can incinerate it before symptoms show each time, that's unpleasant but manageable.

Again, just idle speculation.

The Masked Tulip
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

I hope so too, at least you'll be immune even if feeling weak.  Update this thread if you get any 'hot' episodes outside of electric blankets xD there's so much weirdness with this virus it's hard to know what's true and what isn't.  My initial thought when starting this was the 're-infection' aspect.  If the body can incinerate it before symptoms show each time, that's unpleasant but manageable.

Again, just idle speculation.

Or try to invoke heat via hot baths, hot water bottles, thick socks in bed on a Summer's night or electric blankets.

• Agree 1