Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Coronavirus Scams


Frank Hovis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Frank Hovis

Sadly but inevitably these are happening.

Reported across Devon & Cornwall and presumably countrywide several cases of:

Dog walking - claim to be volunteer, dog taken for a walk, not returned

Shopping - again claim to be volunteer, take cash or card, never seen again

 

This was the Citizens Advice Bureau on the local radio rather than silly Facebook stories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn I thought this was going to be someone else realising these fake website queuing systems are scams, a cynical attempt to create interest and drum up business. No way does Pets At Home have 300,000 people sitting in a queue, their website only handles ~2000 orders a day normally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah but devon and cornwall police are too busy stopping outsiders coming in and advising anyone sunbathing alone on a beach so crims have free reign.

What would you like them to prioritise?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
1 hour ago, BWW said:

Yeah but devon and cornwall police are too busy stopping outsiders coming in and advising anyone sunbathing alone on a beach so crims have free reign.

What would you like them to prioritise?

Stopping outsiders coming in; and not just during the lockdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Stopping outsiders coming in; and not just during the lockdown.

China's new cases are due to Chinese people returning. Or some shenanigans at the border with Russia

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Stopping outsiders coming in; and not just during the lockdown.

I assume you'll want to stop any flow of outsiders money as well?

How are you locals planning to support all those now unemployed former workers of the tourism sector?

I suspect London will be buying it's fresh veg from Morroco and Algeria where they have more sun than you.

PS Are you are local anyway? Don't you need several generations and to have the oldest traceable ones found under a bush LOCALLY to cease being basically a blow-in? Does anyone really qualify? :D

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, BWW said:

I assume you'll want to stop any flow of outsiders money as well?

How are you locals planning to support all those now unemployed former workers of the tourism sector?

I suspect London will be buying it's fresh veg from Morroco and Algeria where they have more sun than you.

PS Are you are local anyway? Don't you need several generations and to have the oldest traceable ones found under a bush LOCALLY to cease being basically a blow-in? Does anyone really qualify? :D

Those unemployed former minimum wage workers will return to Eastern Europe or University once their seasonal jobs end.

No support required.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...