• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Spunko's How to get round/bypass the queue system Guide

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, spunko said:

Sick of this fake queueing bollocks?

Screenshot_2020-04-13 B Q DIY Products at Everyday Low Prices DIY at B Q.png

Retailers are using it IMO to drum up interest and drive sales. Very cynical but few folk seem to realise.

1. Download User Agent Switcher extension for Chrome or Firefox.
  2. Set User Agent to Googlebot
  3. Go back to the homepage of the website ie. https://www.diy.com and it works. They won't block Googlebot because they need it to crawl the website etc.

Proof:

Screenshot_2020-04-13 Single Paving Slabs Paving Walling.png

Nice trick, would be interesting to see what it does or doesn't work on.

Were we work we check the user agent, if you are a bot you get routed to a completely different serve, that reduces load on the main server,  you can't do anything like ordering or logging in on those servers so it wouldn't work

Edited by gilf

1 minute ago, gilf said:

Nice trick, would be interesting to see what it does or doesn't work on.

Were we work we check the user agent, if you are a bot you get routed to a completely different serve, that reduces load on the main server,  you can do anything like ordering or logging in on those servers so it wouldn't work

Do you check the IP address against the user-agent for Googlebot to make sure it matches?

-

You can also just block *.queue-it.net on some websites apparently but I have not tested it. It doesn't work on B&Q website as they 302 all requests to kingfisher.queue-it.net.

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Do you check the IP address against the user-agent for Googlebot to make sure it matches?

-

You can also just block *.queue-it.net on some websites apparently but I have not tested it. It doesn't work on B&Q website as they 302 all requests to kingfisher.queue-it.net.

There is a complex set of rules, but the main players do a good job of telling you they are bots. I don't think we check IP address for things like google though for that reason.

Can't really say what websites but we get constantly bombarded with bots and spiders so the bigger job is working out who is actually a genuine person.

I thought this was going to be about Tesco. Fuck sake, went this morning, queued to get in then found it's a one way system, I wanted a couple of things at the front of the store then the girl told me I had to use the one way system all the way around to the till. Fuck that. I walked straight down the centre aisle to the end and joined the queue for the till, to much tutting. 

The whole thing is utterly retarded.

Just now, Roger_Mellie said:

I thought this was going to be about Tesco. Fuck sake, went this morning, queued to get in then found it's a one way system, I wanted a couple of things at the front of the store then the girl told me I had to use the one way system all the way around to the till. Fuck that. I walked straight down the centre aisle to the end and joined the queue for the till, to much tutting. 

I take it you haven't ever been to Ikea?

18 minutes ago, gilf said:

There is a complex set of rules, but the main players do a good job of telling you they are bots. I don't think we check IP address for things like google though for that reason.

Can't really say what websites but we get constantly bombarded with bots and spiders so the bigger job is working out who is actually a genuine person.

This might not work for the full order process on all websites but if anyone has any more examples I can take a look at other methods that might work.

I've always used Cloudflare rules for bots which seem to be a bit shit. Blocking bots is a nightmare.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

This might not work for the full order process on all websites but if anyone has any more examples I can take a look at other methods that might work.

I've always used Cloudflare rules for bots which seem to be a bit shit. Blocking bots is a nightmare.

Sorry, not meaning to suggest it wouldn't work. I doubt B&Q have ever used this sort of thing before and so no doubt it's a half arsed solution. It was more an observation really.

Worth a try, worst case scenario is you get to the order part and it doesn't work, which will have been far sooner than you would have got in in the first place.

Not tried it with virtual queuing but some browsers have "Reader Mode" which is brilliant for side stepping GDPR privacy or this is your last free article this month crapperoo banners. 

38 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I think I'm more likely to catch it from the queue at the front of the shop as I have to pass quite close to many people (because of the layout down an oudoor corridor) to get to the back of the queue then once I'm in the shop I have to pass many people by going up and down the aisles than if I just go to the places I need directly.

12 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Not tried it with virtual queuing but some browsers have "Reader Mode" which is brilliant for side stepping GDPR privacy or this is your last free article this month crapperoo banners. 

Which browsers?

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Which browsers?

I use Yandex for everything but I think they copied it from somewhere else. 

45 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I use Yandex for everything but I think they copied it from somewhere else. 

Firefox. Its the icon at the right hand side of the URL input field.

Had a search for potential security issues, is it this one?

What is User-Agent Switcher?

User-Agent Switcher is a dubious browser extension that supposedly allows users to check how a certain page is displayed on different browsers. On initial inspection, this functionality may appear legitimate and useful, however, due to rogue behavior (tracking of the Internet browsing activity, display of intrusive online advertisements, and stealth installation without users' consent), User-Agent Switcher is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware.

Immediately following infiltration, User-Agent Switcher records various information relating to users' web browsing activity. Collected data types include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (to determine geographic location), unique identifier numbers, websites visited, search queries entered into search engines, and other similar information. This information may seem unimportant, however, it might include personally identifiable details that Yontoo (developers of User-Agent Switcher) share with cooperating third party companies (who often misuse private details to generate revenue). This behavior can lead to serious privacy issues or even identity theft. In addition, User-Agent Switcher employs a 'virtual layer' to generate pop-up, banner, coupon, search, full-page, interstitial, transitional, and other similar ads. These overlay underlying content of users' visited websites, thereby diminishing the Internet browsing experience. Furthermore, some lead to potentially infectious websites - clicking them is risky and can result in further high-risk adware or malware infections. Therefore, we strongly advise you to uninstall User-Agent Switcher immediately.

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/10168-user-agent-switcher-adware

2 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I walked straight down the centre aisle to the end and joined the queue for the till

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I take it you haven't ever been to Ikea?

That's exactly how I do Ikea!

Just finished washing the car and my shit Cyna expandable hose burst so I googled hoses, one of the links took me to the B and Screw website where I was presented with a virtual queue. Bollocks to that I was only visiting to look what they had I'm not going to queue to browse a fucking website they can fuck right off. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I spent an hour queuing on that fucking website this morning, only to find that they aren't delivering any of the things that I need.

xD

Their click and collect service is very slick.

You turn up..  they bring your stuff out to your car on a trolley.  Then they walk off and let you load it yourself.

Screwfix and toolstation are doing the same.  No waiting or queues etc.

Edited by Libspero

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Got banned from B&Q in Eastleigh for walking in thru the Exit doors. Wankers. That was about fifteen years before any of this Corona bullshit.

every time I visit B&Q I'm astounded at how unwelcoming the entrance is to customers, they seem to go out of their way to make entering the shop as difficult as possible.

I've not yet been banned for going in the exit, I guess the staff have given up enforcing stupid rules.

Edited by snaga

44 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Their click and collect service is very slick.

You turn up..  they bring your stuff out to your car on a trolley.  Then they walk off and let you load it yourself.

Screwfix and toolstation are doing the same.  No waiting or queues etc.

That would be great if I had a car.

xD

18 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Got banned from B&Q in Eastleigh for walking in thru the Exit doors. Wankers. That was about fifteen years before any of this Corona bullshit.

Funny that sort of thing I can't understand their incentive. What do they care which door so long as you spend your money. No percentage for them in pointlessly pissing off their customers. 

It still happens as well - I went to a Carrefour in Spain about five years ago and the layout of the mall was such that it was natural to go in the exit door to the supermarket rather than trek a fair distance  to the entrance door. I sauntered in through the out door and the staff had an absolute meltdown. I was fairly sure what they were bothered about but I just played the dumb Guiri and didn't bother, I knew they wouldn't do anything.

Just to put the tin hat on it all I wanted was a bottle of wine. The one I wanted was towards the back of the partially empty top shelf and I couldn't reach. Some shelf-stacking cunt right next to me studiously ignored my struggling attempts to get this wine and in the end I jumped and grabbed, got it, but my elbow sent a bottle of champagne soaring up in the air through a slow arc ending in a massive fizzy bang on the hard floor. I just looked at him thinking have fun cleaning that up.

Shopping eh.