• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

BCG scar

BCG scar?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. My scar is:

• Visible
    • Invisible but there to the touch
    • Completely gone
    • Never had the BCG vaccine
    • Fuck off with your polls

Posted (edited)

I definitely had a BCG scar when I was a child (1960s UK) so according to Wikipedia I had it as an 'at risk' baby (presumably because of my 'Windrush' parents, in the broadest sense)

Edited by Panther

Going to try to dig out some records since think it was mentioned here that a few people had the bcg test jab.  Definitely got the scar but it rung a bell that when I heard bcg test. Pretty annoying if I only got a tester though but the scar too.

33 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Going to try to dig out some records since think it was mentioned here that a few people had the bcg test jab.  Definitely got the scar but it rung a bell that when I heard bcg test. Pretty annoying if I only got a tester though but the scar too.

The tester was on inner arm near wrist

7 hours ago, spunko said:

I wasnt sure what they look like so googled it... word of advice... don't. :Sick1:

I shall heed your sage advice in the future!! One picture looked like something one might stumble upon on one of those video's on other types of sites while researching black holes spewing antimatter, only from a different orifice!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I just realized, having not thought about it in years, that mine is now invisible although I can still feel it if I poke around a bit on my left arm. How about others?

Actually thinking some more into this, interesting you've asked.  I never had this shot/jab and also AFAIA have also never had TB, the disease.

Are you weighing up your options of if a C19 inoculation comes about whether to bother having it*?

*Remember that it'll likely be voluntary to do so, as all vaccines are, but if you haven't got a big bolt in your neck from the scar tissue when you're out and about, you could face prison... so essentially by opting out you are opting to spend the rest of your life at home.  To save lives, of course.

Edited by Covid19 and life to go
gettothechopper

I recall getting the six needle test on my wrist at school sometime between 1970-1974 but didn’t get the bcg vaccination presumably because I had some natural immunity to tuberculosis. My late mother told me about people when she was growing up dying from or being sent to sanitariums to recover from tuberculosis. Maybe a genetic immunity? Don’t know really.

5 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I recall getting the six needle test on my wrist at school sometime between 1970-1974 but didn’t get the bcg vaccination presumably because I had some natural immunity to tuberculosis. My late mother told me about people when she was growing up dying from or being sent to sanitariums to recover from tuberculosis. Maybe a genetic immunity? Don’t know really.

Maybe you had previously had a sub clinical dose. Not enough to cause illness but enough to trigger an antibody response. 

7 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Actually thinking some more into this, interesting you've asked.  I never had this shot/jab and also AFAIA have also never had TB, the disease.

Are you weighing up your options of if a C19 inoculation comes about whether to bother having it*?

*Remember that it'll likely be voluntary to do so, as all vaccines are, but if you haven't got a big bolt in your neck from the scar tissue when you're out and about, you could face prison... so essentially by opting out you are opting to spend the rest of your life at home.  To save lives, of course.

I will be first in line for a c19 vaccine when one is available. My guess is that it will actually be compulsory in many countries or, if not compulsory in the general case, required by most employers, schools etc.

42 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

How have you swindled that then?  Are you Putin, Johnson or Trump?  Or Prince Phillip?

Good point, I will be first in line outside my local pharmacy (they do vaccinations here in the True North) but I will likely have to camp there for a couple of months before I get seen. I hope it’s not winter.

Never got the vaccine. Apparently a year after me they started doing it at birth.

There was meant to be a catch-up for us but we never got it. I don’t have that weird white circular mark.