• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
eek

Eastern Europeans off back home?

Posted (edited)

One of the more entertaining of my daily reads is the Property118 email which provides hours of entertainment as you watch landlords complain that things are so, so unfair.

However, today's entertainment https://www.property118.com/12-out-of-13-tenants-asked-for-rent-free-holiday/ has an interesting sideline. It seems that it's the Eastern Europeans who have worked out they don't need to pay rent as there is little the landlord can do about it. I suspect they are fully aware that they are trading 3+ months of no rent for the hassle of finding another property and moving but I wonder how many are looking at it as a final hurray before returning home.

Edited by eek

24 minutes ago, eek said:

One of the more entertaining of my daily reads is the Property118 email which provides hours of entertainment as you watch landlords complain that things are so, so unfair.

However, today's entertainment https://www.property118.com/12-out-of-13-tenants-asked-for-rent-free-holiday/ has an interesting sideline. It seems that it's the Eastern Europeans who have worked out they don't need to pay rent as there is little the landlord can do about it. I suspect they are fully aware that they are trading 3+ months of no rent for the hassle of finding another property and moving but I wonder how many are looking at it as a final hurray before returning home.

Exactly the same positio l am in. I have 14 properties, only 3 eastern European families, but each of them are saying the same. This is what happens when housing benefit is paid direct to tenant.
If the government cant see the problems landlords have with this then its time we all sold up and gave the government the headache of housing them.
I am putting my whole portfolio up for sale , another 14 families to be re-housed,
Thanks for reading, john

Tough tits.

Maybe sue them for non payment of rent?

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Exactly the same positio l am in. I have 14 properties, only 3 eastern European families, but each of them are saying the same. This is what happens when housing benefit is paid direct to tenant.
If the government cant see the problems landlords have with this then its time we all sold up and gave the government the headache of housing them.
I am putting my whole portfolio up for sale , another 14 families to be re-housed,
Thanks for reading, john

He can put it up for sale.

24 minutes ago, eek said:

The Romanian I worked with was on the verge of going back before this kicked off. TBH things were getting pretty shitty for ordinary working stiffs these past few months, I think he'd figured he'd be able to make enough back home to be worth it.

14 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Surely all the hardworking EE migrants are now furloughed at 80% of their pay and being paid for by our governbankment? Not only do we import them now, we pay them 80%. What could poss go wrong? 

I expect they were mostly temps / zero-hours.

Employers,  not trusting the government to make good on their promise to cough up,  probably let them all go. 

They may regret that when things pick up and all their cheap imported labour has gone home. 

16 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Surely all the hardworking EE migrants are now furloughed at 80% of their pay and being paid for by our governbankment? Not only do we import them now, we pay them 80%. What could poss go wrong? 

But that's only the same situation I'm in. Why do people assume that everybody in this situation is having the time of their lives? EE's probably feel extremely trapped by their circumstances. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, eek said:

xD (for the landlord's predicament, to be clear.....)

Pin on Don't Make Me Laugh

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Just now, Melchett said:

This thread warms the cockles of my heart on so many levels. :Beer:

Some of those threads on property 118 are comedy gold. 

Like the LL scum with all his BTLs on the for sale market, so as to pass the buck of housing his tenants to the council. Haha, he thinks he's doing us a favour. The entitlement owes no bounds. I wonder how many of them are under offer. Hopefully none. Cunt! 

2 minutes ago, eight said:

But that's only the same situation I'm in. Why do people assume that everybody in this situation is having the time of their lives? EE's probably feel extremely trapped by their circumstances. 

Yes. In this case I was making the point we imported the labour, yet now we are paying for it out of our taxes! 

51 minutes ago, eek said:

One of the comments suggests if they have taken some out, landlords can claim on their insurance for non payment of rent:

Most Rent Insurers are. Let Alliance certainly is because I have made a claim and had it accepted.

So some of them have a mortgage holiday but get some sort of insurance payment as well? I've no idea what proportion is paid on rent insurance?

Better comment on page 2

If you threaten your tenants and start issuing proceedings, I fear you will end up with 9 to 12 months arrears across your portfolio most of which you will have to write off. The courts will have a backlog of cases and whilst the average time to get a tenant out might have been 6 months last year I forecast it will be closer to 12 months this year and next.

35 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I'm seriously thinking of retiring to Poland unless things change in the UK, although the horrendous Polish Winter puts me off.

I know a couple who retired early, late fifties, to Bulgaria and love it.

Rural house with a bit of land, they're not at all wealthy but are certainly very comfortable there.

Here they would have been renting a small three bed semi; there they were able to buy outright.

13 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

Makes me smile. Landlords really have convinced themselves that they're the good guys helping to house families that can't afford to buy.... They get a bit shirty when you suggest that they might actually be people who've jacked the prices up of homes and thus stopped people from buying, and once they have to start selling then the prices will collapse and those same families will be able to buy them.

Much as I like to see people farmers suffer, prices will have to collapse an awful long way before Voiteg and Kasha or indeed Dave and Tracey can service a mortgage on a house with the income from tax credits and unstable employment. Gov will throw the toolbox at stopping such big falls, although it could get entertaining when it reaches the stage of falls becoming unstoppable.

53 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I'm seriously thinking of retiring to Poland unless things change in the UK, although the horrendous Polish Winter puts me off.

Hot women, traditional Christian society, house prices within reach, low cost of living, 99.9% white, make up for it surely. The language looks a bit zany though.

Brits never seem to realise they send their worst here. The average Pole is nothing like the dregs you see here.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, spunko said:

Hot women, traditional Christian society, house prices within reach, low cost of living, 99.9% white, make up for it surely. The language looks a bit zany though.

That sounds pretty good to me....time to start learning Polish!

Edited by JoeDavola

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

That sounds pretty good to me....time to start learning Polish!

Good luck, it's meant to be one of the most difficult languages to learn, after Chinese / Mandarin  :CryBaby:

I believe most Poles speak Russian, and also some German, both way easier .

22 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I know a couple who retired early, late fifties, to Bulgaria and love it.

Rural house with a bit of land, they're not at all wealthy but are certainly very comfortable there.

Here they would have been renting a small three bed semi; there they were able to buy outright.

Depending where you go you can purchase a massive house with a few acres of land for about £10-15k in Bulgaria.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Good luck, it's meant to be one of the most difficult languages to learn, after Chinese / Mandarin  :CryBaby:

I believe most Poles speak Russian, and also some German, both way easier .

Ah well you've saved me that bother then!

Bear in mind I'm from Northern Ireland so some would argue I'm not even fluent in English yet ;)

Just now, spunko said:

Friend of mine said it's the most difficult language has ever tried to learn.... he is Polish. He said most kids have a nightmare learning it at school.

Obviously they pick it up conversationally as children, but then it comes to the proper stuff it get very complicated very fast.