• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

Holidays this year

Well Spain’s not looking good and I’m not paying a deposit for abroad on anything this side of November I might just buy a better tent and try going camping local short notice then try a week later in the year.i suspect a few will be selling there camping gear off cheap soon has they get skint 

I've got a holiday at Center Parcs books for late July/Early August

need to pay the balance end of May, not at all confident CP will be open by then, but I should get a refund, insurance pay out, or credit card claim if CP go bust.

If they are open, I can see a good market selling my holiday on to someone else as I expect demand for holidays in the UK will rocket, I wonder if they are transferable?

Posted (edited)

I'm writing off this year for any further outdoor or large public events. 

Even if lifted in 3-6 weeks, can't see me rushing to go watch the footy, go to any gigs, try to find a space to camp. Everywhere will be heaving. 

Days out will still be had of course. 

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
I should add that I had my holiday in the Sun before all this kicked off. Ha ha

17 minutes ago, snaga said:

I've got a holiday at Center Parcs books for late July/Early August

need to pay the balance end of May, not at all confident CP will be open by then, but I should get a refund, insurance pay out, or credit card claim if CP go bust.

If they are open, I can see a good market selling my holiday on to someone else as I expect demand for holidays in the UK will rocket, I wonder if they are transferable?

Ask them

2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I'm writing off this year for any further outdoor or large public events. 

Even if lifted in 3-6 weeks, can't see me rushing to go watch the footy, go to any gigs, try to find a space to camp. Everywhere will be heaving. 

Days out will still be had of course. 

Yes my skint sister is pissed of a festival in Germany is cancled and 3 more in the uk to boot 

Posted (edited)

Dosbods house swap.

Some of those members sat in country piles in the southern counties can  swap for an educational experience in a "quaint and bijou former mill workers cottage in the heartland of the industrial revolution, enjoying views of the monmental architectural wonders bequeathed by the great white men that made Britain Great".

Edited by GBDamo

46 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Dosbods house swap.

Some of those members sat in country piles in the southern counties can  swap for an educational experience in a "quaint and bijou former mill workers cottage in the heartland of the industrial revolution, enjoying views of the monmental architectural wonders bequeathed by the great white men that made Britain Great".

Surely you mean southerners in tiny barrat shit boxes with one window and no enough room to swing a cat, swops home with northerners in cavernous victoriana terraces 😂😂

13 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Well Spain’s not looking good and I’m not paying a deposit for abroad on anything this side of November I might just buy a better tent and try going camping local short notice then try a week later in the year.i suspect a few will be selling there camping gear off cheap soon has they get skint 

Think holidays will probably be worthwhile. Especially abroad for those willing to take a chance. No one will be going, too scared of contracting the virus after six months indoors. It'll be cheap and quiet abroad imo. 

3 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Took four foreign holdays last year before Junior reached school age. Timed it just right as it turned out. Fancy the cairngorms this summer. 

Trouble is, the people in the Cairngorms probably, won't fancy you

6 hours ago, GBDamo said:

Dosbods house swap.

That is a really excellent idea.

Count me out.

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

That is a really excellent idea.

Count me out.

Not being funny but the contents of your freezer aren't really a pulling point either.:P