• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Byron

Award the NHS staff a medal for their fight against Covid 19

Tbh why not?

I'm not doing the silly clapping or virtue signalling but they are going over and above, risking death and in some cases dying.

It has several similarities to hostilities.

Though not just the NHS - care staff are doing similar but on much lower wages and with less recognition. 

Actually I could agree with this, takes bravery to go to work and help people when you may get infected and die as a result. Not the short instant action bravery but the long slow grinding turning up everyday facing the same.

I am no fan of the NHS but the DR and Nures may just deserve some recognition. I think we did similar for the ebola outbreak 

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Exactly. As the saying goes:

Pay Corps win Wars.

Italy hasn't had a decent Pay Corps since about AD 350.

You know that Leutnant "I was Monty's double" was in fact an officer in the pay corps, and of course a bit of an actor.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I didn't.

But it doesn't surprise me.

You should see the film. Unlike many there is a gem of truth in it.

1 hour ago, Panther said:

The trouble is you just know it would be an everyone's a winner medal, like someone in the Pay Corps getting a campaign medal.

The people at the corner shop need a medal too though, risking their lives to sell us over priced bread and milk.

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

The people at the corner shop need a medal too though, risking their lives to sell us over priced bread and milk.

The market finds a price. It's capitalism.

I'm going to scream if I see that guy one more time, the one who is 99 and walking  in circles around his garden to raise money for NHS.

36 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I'm going to scream if I see that guy one more time, the one who is 99 and walking  in circles around his garden to raise money for NHS.

Bastard. When you get older (God willing) you will forget to crap in a hygeinic place.

This was always inevitable.

I'm sure there'll also be an equivalent for non-medical staff.  That'll be for all the valiant local council (etc) workers (etc) who've kept the country going.

In the end about 10% of the UK population will end up with a medal.

I won't get one, but that's because I'm one of those filthy capitalists who generate the wealth to pay for the metal in those medals.

On 15/04/2020 at 20:48, dgul said:

This was always inevitable.

I'm sure there'll also be an equivalent for non-medical staff.  That'll be for all the valiant local council (etc) workers (etc) who've kept the country going.

In the end about 10% of the UK population will end up with a medal.

I won't get one, but that's because I'm one of those filthy capitalists who generate the wealth to pay for the metal in those medals.

Silver medals for the medical staff risking their health.

Gold medals for the managers sat at home.

Knighthoods for the chief execs of the NHS trusts.

A lordship for the chief medical officer.

14 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Silver medals for the medical staff risking their health.

Gold medals for the managers sat at home.

Knighthoods for the chief execs of the NHS trusts.

A lordship for the chief medical officer.

That'll be what happens.

On 15/04/2020 at 19:59, Funn3r said:

Dont get me started. Nothing against him. Great bloke but the media reaction is a bit silly. They had 8 army blokes salute him as he walked down the middle. The poor bloke will probably get covid.

1 hour ago, RJT1979 said:

Dont get me started. Nothing against him. Great bloke but the media reaction is a bit silly. They had 8 army blokes salute him as he walked down the middle. The poor bloke will probably get covid.

There's another one.

With Captain Tom Moore, 99, walking his way to fame - and a fortune for NHS charities - another nonagenarian has embarked on a marathon challenge.

Margaret Payne, 90, aims to climb the equivalent of Highland mountain Suilven - 731m (2,398ft) - with 282 trips upstairs at her Sutherland home.

Inspired by the Army veteran's 100 laps of his garden, she began on Sunday.

And after hitting her target to raise £10,000 for the NHS and a hospice on Thursday, she said: "It's amazing."

Mrs Payne, from Ardvar, first climbed Suilven, in the west of Sutherland, aged 15, in 1944.

She believes her modern-day challenge will take around two months to complete.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52319318

As you say it's the media that makes a well-intentioned act into something of which you weary.  The individuals are fine; it's the blanket reporting that grates.

On 15/04/2020 at 13:52, Frank Hovis said:

Tbh why not?

I'm not doing the silly clapping or virtue signalling but they are going over and above, risking death and in some cases dying.

It has several similarities to hostilities.

Though not just the NHS - care staff are doing similar but on much lower wages and with less recognition. 

What puzzles me is why the death rate for NHS staff is apparently so much lower than for the population as a whole.

The NHS doesn't employ many vulnerable 90-year olds, but it doesn't employ invulnerable toddlers either.

Are many NHS staff (especially non-medic) furloughed at the moment? I suspect a lot who aren't in the ICU wards are at home.. They will want to be clapped though.

Mr Happy Renting, 60, has given up his sponsored hop. He originally announced that he was going to hop up and down his driveway 1000 times to raise money for Ambulance workers.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror this morning, he said "It was going quite well, but then I stopped and thought, 'what the fuck am I doing? this is mental' so I went back indoors".

"I've raised £257 quid so far, and if people really care about Ambulances, they can still donate anyway. I'm not arseing around on one foot just for them like some fucking gimp."

2 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Mr Happy Renting, 60, has given up his sponsored hop. He originally announced that he was going to hop up and down his driveway 1000 times to raise money for Ambulance workers.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror this morning, he said "It was going quite well, but then I stopped and thought, 'what the fuck am I doing? this is mental' so I went back indoors".

"I've raised £257 quid so far, and if people really care about Ambulances, they can still donate anyway. I'm not arseing around on one foot just for them like some fucking gimp."

Man up you spazzy cunt...

XYY