• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

HolyCow

Hyperoptic broadband?

Anyone use them?

They look very good. Good reviews on Trustpilot and they offer a rolling monthly contract (with initial one off fee of £29 and router) so if you need to move, not tied into paying huge amounts like other providers do with their 12 month and 18 month packages. Also give the option of trying their services for a month alongside current provider so no need to commit.

I am very tempted. Currently paying £36 for Talk Talk who have been very good (have been with them for years) but out of contract now and a bit pissed off about having to commit to another long-term contract for a cheaper price. Also don't need a phone line anymore, just broadband. 

Are these the same c**ts that send me a leaflet every week telling me they're now in my area and I have an introductory rate if I sign up now?...F**k off, I heard you the first time. At least I don't have to panic buy any bog roll with these guys supplying an endless supply.

8 hours ago, HolyCow said:

Anyone use them?

They look very good. Good reviews on Trustpilot and they offer a rolling monthly contract (with initial one off fee of £29 and router) so if you need to move, not tied into paying huge amounts like other providers do with their 12 month and 18 month packages. Also give the option of trying their services for a month alongside current provider so no need to commit.

I am very tempted. Currently paying £36 for Talk Talk who have been very good (have been with them for years) but out of contract now and a bit pissed off about having to commit to another long-term contract for a cheaper price. Also don't need a phone line anymore, just broadband. 

Every time I've switched suppliers (3 times now), it has followed with 1-2 weeks downtime from the internet. Probably just been very unlucky but now would be reluctant to move. What follows is hours on the phone with Indians who blame it on BT Openreach or "have you tried switching it on and off?". Or BT Openreach turning up and saying everything is fine, speak to your provider. And then start again...Personally I'd stay put if you are getting okay service, not worth the risk and aggro. Whenever I hear the letters "BT", and in that order, I come out in a rash, so big and such a monopoly they make incompetence a sport.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Every time I've switched suppliers (3 times now), it has followed with 1-2 weeks downtime from the internet. Probably just been very unlucky but now would be reluctant to move. What follows is hours on the phone with Indians who blame it on BT Openreach or "have you tried switching it on and off?". Or BT Openreach turning up and saying everything is fine, speak to your provider. And then start again...Personally I'd stay put if you are getting okay service, not worth the risk and aggro. Whenever I hear the letters "BT", and in that order, I come out in a rash, so big and such a monopoly they make incompetence a sport.

Yes, this is probably what I will do. Never been with BT, except in the 90s when everyone was and we all had landlines and phones with cables. The good old days.

Edited by HolyCow

Hyperoptic offer real fibre as in to the home, it's a separate network and is not the BT approach of calling something fibre and then delivering a shite to mediocre service down an old phone line.