• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Captain Tom

13 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

biggest every amount raised on justgiving, would be nice if they waived their extortionate fee

just saw this - birthday present fundraiser for Tom

https://www.gofundme.com/f/captain-tom-moore-birthday-fundraiser

That's going to be one hot dirty prozzy.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

so does the govt not need to give them this bit?

the Tories can keep NHS spending the same and announce a tax cut. Keep donating?

Amazing effort!

Edited by Ash4781b

37 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

There is now a petition for him to get a knighthood! Lefty SJW wankers at 38 Degrees of course.

This and the clapping show that we won't be absolutely fucked if a war happened.

Bless the old guy, but honestly.

Bit of a dilemma. He is a YORKSHIREman.

1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

biggest every amount raised on justgiving, would be nice if they waived their extortionate fee

just saw this - birthday present fundraiser for Tom

https://www.gofundme.com/f/captain-tom-moore-birthday-fundraiser

I expect he will give it to the NHS. 

At least there is one glimmer of something good in this whole shitstorm. 

He's now making a 'Charity' record with some other sleb.

Now I'm fairly certain the NHS is not a charity, more a bottomless pit.

I suppose we could put some extra boxes on people's tax returns if they are so altruistic so that they can give quietly.

NHS 1% extra ✓ | More immigrants 5% extra ✓ etc.

4 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

He's now making a 'Charity' record with some other sleb.

Now I'm fairly certain the NHS is not a charity, more a bottomless pit.

I suppose we could put some extra boxes on people's tax returns if they are so altruistic so that they can give quietly.

NHS 1% extra ✓ | More immigrants 5% extra ✓ etc.

Michael ball. Horrific it is. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Michael ball. Horrific it is. 

Captain Tom Moore teams up with singer Michael Ball in charity release

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-52339204/captain-tom-moore-teams-up-with-singer-michael-ball-in-charity-release

On thursday, when we're all clapping for the NHS and it's his 100th birthday and  I'm No 1 in the charts,  I mean Tom is No 1 in the charts, wouldn't that be amazing

:Sick1:

Edited by Hopeful

Not sure our nhs needs any charitable donations. However Captain Tom gets dosbods points for riding one of the maddest motorbikes of ancient times called a Scott, made in YORKSHIRE. 500cc of two stroke terror with a sort of automatic gearbox that involves lots of chains and sprockets. Although designed as a commuter they can still be made to top 70mph if you can get it to run properly - an exciting experience on a glorified bicycle with basically no brakes. In olden times these bikes were also used for off road competition and although the Scott factory is long gone, it's name carries on in the Scott Trial that was originally organised by the factory and takes place in YORKSHIRE, once described by multi time trials world champion and YORKSHIREMAN Dougie Lampkin as 'a reet bastard'. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

For this to be a chart success, Captain Tom will have to be found dead in a motel from a heroin OD with a hooker.

1 minute ago, Happy Renting said:

For this to be a chart success, Captain Tom will have to be found dead in a motel from a heroin OD with a hooker.

He's a bit late for the "27 club". However I think he should take it a bit easier.

Just now, Happy Renting said:

OK, a spilled glass of sherry, toppled Zimmer frame and a split bag of Werther's Originals. And a hooker.

Well he was a bit of a fly boy, and he had a Scott motorcycle, so I imagine he was awarded the Military Bounder's Medal at some time or other.