• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Quality of journalists

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Storage heater? All she needs to know is that she's been paying through the nose for it.

You are taking the piss there, aren't you...?

Please tell me that you know it's most definitely NOT a storage heater Rodge...

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Really?

All I can say is that's what it looked like before I went to bed:D I just thought it was typical of the modern flat builder to put a heater in a cupboard.

When I looked this morning it was pretty obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A colleague knew someone working on the Plymouth Herald in a junior role and it was minimum wage; he didn't think the others were on much more.  Pay peanuts.

Three years is god for not tripping it; mine goes maybe twice a year.  Toaster last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how many people don't know where their consumer unit, water stop tap and gas isolation valves are. I suspect smart meters will soon be something else they lose track of.

Consumer units are often in dark cupboards but very few people have a torch handy for when the lights trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Pretty sure it’s a consumer unit, more commonly referred to as a fuse box.

It is yes, the story gets better... she later goes on to identify here electric meter as the fuse box.

 

Quote

Is this not also a fuse box? This is in a different cupboard, one I had already opened

EVwWUJ6WsAIVMVj?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by gilf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ on a fucking bike. And these are the sort of prancing pricks that I’ve had to work with and under over the years. Hasn’t she ever had to read the fucking thing? What had made people like this? Food? Diseducation? It’s like they are borderline retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A colleague knew someone working on the Plymouth Herald in a junior role and it was minimum wage; he didn't think the others were on much more.  Pay peanuts.

Three years is god for not tripping it; mine goes maybe twice a year.  Toaster last time.

All these local rags got brought up by the Mirror group to pump out their toxic marxism. Why all their websites look the same. It's all centrally run. A lad down the gym his son did some writing work for them, all minimum wage pumping out articles. All contract work no actual proper jobs. The "journalists" names are all pseudonyms and don't exist in real life, it's just a endless rotating stream of 20 year olds writing under the same name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gibbon said:

All these local rags got brought up by the Mirror group to pump out their toxic marxism. Why all their websites look the same. It's all centrally run. A lad down the gym his son did some writing work for them, all minimum wage pumping out articles. All contract work no actual proper jobs. The "journalists" names are all pseudonyms and don't exist in real life, it's just a endless rotating stream of 20 year olds writing under the same name.

Can't say too much but one of these large media groups was a client of ours. We used to provide bulk emailing services for them (spam email essentially) and nothing could come from an unnamed source, so we just used to set up fake people. Make up a name and purchase a stock photo of some random person.

On the journalism side, for the most part it isn't, it's just news via press release. They get a press release in, it gets jumbled up and then dressed up as a news report.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gilf said:

Can't say too much but one of these large media groups was a client of ours. We used to provide bulk emailing services for them (spam email essentially) and nothing could come from an unnamed source, so we just used to set up fake people. Make up a name and purchase a stock photo of some random person.

On the journalism side, for the most part it isn't, it's just news via press release. They get a press release in, it gets jumbled up and then dressed up as a news report.

 

Plus the cut and paste from the local police Twitter feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's got to be something mentally wrong with them, if for no other reason than their apparent inability to see that their own backward left wing biases are utterly illogical.

There's also this tendency for a certain type of academic (ie the cunts who pick a random subject and go to University just for the beer), who go out into the big wide world with an attitude that pretty much everything is beneath them.... Including knowing how to operate the heating.

Edited by Snark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been living in the age of the talker not the doer.

By their nature talkers can justify their existance and in so doing sideline doers.

It's funny how so many of the doers are key workers and still working while the talkers are sat in their flats taking pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.