DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

New Zealiteland

OurDayWillCome

OurDayWillCome

I have family in New Zealand and they tell me it’s been a very strict lockdown over there, despite only a handful of cases. Even going out on your bike, in a remote area, results in the Police following/intimidating you. The media are using fear to get compliance - all very deliberate to scare people. Looks like the elite are hedging their bets and making sure that they have a virus-free country to flee to.

OurDayWillCome
2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

They can only keep it safe by not letting people in without a hugely long proper quarantine.

NZ air and sea ports are all closed - I suspect they will stay closed for a long period of time, unless you own a Learjet ;-)

• Agree 1

Green Devil
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What's the exit policy for a country like NZ based on open markets, trade and tourism? Vaccination is about the only way out, and that's way off. 

I wouldn't trust their PM to have the country's best interests at heart, she's a Blair disciple.

Can't be. Blair was head and shoulders above everyone else on the fucking slimeball scale. 

Good luck to them. They seem to be doing what is right. They aren't heavily dependant on imports in the same way we are. So can probably survive as long as it takes. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Can't be. Blair was head and shoulders above everyone else on the fucking slimeball scale. 

Good luck to them. They seem to be doing what is right. They aren't heavily dependant on imports in the same way we are. So can probably survive as long as it takes. 

But the point is that Arden is the worst sort of globalist, open borders shill.  This hard handed, locking down the country thing is diametrically opposed to everything touchy feely she has stood for.  There is another reason, I am 100% sure.

• Agree 10
  • Informative 1

I'm in NZ but as I'm obeying the lock-down (personally went into lock-down mode a couple of weeks before the country did) I can't comment much on what others are doing. We have a track/field stadium nearby and go for a walk around that pretty much everyday and sometimes a cycle. I see other people on bikes as well as dog walkers, joggers and families out for a stroll; all observing the 2 meters distancing.

Haven't seen any sign of the Police or heard of any issues, but as I say, I'm in my own (very small) bubble.

Reported cases very low (about 20 new cases a day at the moment I think) but deaths have ramped up recently (on about 20 total now I think) as it has got into some retirement homes.

I'm hoping they keep the lockdown going another few weeks in an attempt to eradicate CV here completely. How/when air travel opens up and tourism begins again I don't know. If other countries eradicate it we could accept flights to/from those countries. Depends how many countries eradicate CV and how quickly. Could lead to a two tier world - those countries without CV allowing travel only between them, those with CV handling it as they see fit (banning travel in an attempt to join the CV free nations or just accepting it as endemic until/unless there is a vaccine).

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

28 minutes ago, QP1 said:

I'm in NZ but as I'm obeying the lock-down (personally went into lock-down mode a couple of weeks before the country did) I can't comment much on what others are doing. We have a track/field stadium nearby and go for a walk around that pretty much everyday and sometimes a cycle. I see other people on bikes as well as dog walkers, joggers and families out for a stroll; all observing the 2 meters distancing.

Haven't seen any sign of the Police or heard of any issues, but as I say, I'm in my own (very small) bubble.

Reported cases very low (about 20 new cases a day at the moment I think) but deaths have ramped up recently (on about 20 total now I think) as it has got into some retirement homes.

I'm hoping they keep the lockdown going another few weeks in an attempt to eradicate CV here completely. How/when air travel opens up and tourism begins again I don't know. If other countries eradicate it we could accept flights to/from those countries. Depends how many countries eradicate CV and how quickly. Could lead to a two tier world - those countries without CV allowing travel only between them, those with CV handling it as they see fit (banning travel in an attempt to join the CV free nations or just accepting it as endemic until/unless there is a vaccine).

In the 'good things' list I put a boost to anti-immigrantion parties in the west.  Cheap cafe workers and a dead granny?  No thanks.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, wherebee said:

In the 'good things' list I put a boost to anti-immigrantion parties in the west.  Cheap cafe workers and a dead granny?  No thanks.

Yes, if travel/immigration is divided between the CV and non-CV world that could be a seen as a good outcome given that the non-CV world is most likely to consist of less densely populated, technologically advanced nations (with populations more prone to following science than superstition) with stable/capable governments. One might say 'shit-hole' vs 'non-shit-hole' countries.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

4 hours ago, wherebee said:

But the point is that Arden is the worst sort of globalist, open borders shill.  This hard handed, locking down the country thing is diametrically opposed to everything touchy feely she has stood for.  There is another reason, I am 100% sure.

Just send over a boat full of helpless people and see what happens. Will she melt and let them in.

Geographically they're lucky. As in the game of Risk.

• Agree 2

whitevanman
3 hours ago, QP1 said:

Should this become a permanent solution? It would prevent ongoing deaths from all sorts of contagious diseases. If we accept the lockdown for Covid 19 it's hard not to do so for the flu. Maybe permanent social distancing and lockdowns are our future?

There are lots of other positive effects as well: the wilderness will be protected from exploitation, much lower carbon emissions from traffic/airlines/industry, more locally based economy, much lower crime rates, cats not allowed out to decimate wildlife, less pressure on health systems due to fewer accidents at work or on the roads, UBI will be necessary meaning less economic inequality homeless will all be housed.

I'm struggling to see the downside.

• Agree 1

Sucralose Ray Leonard
2 hours ago, QP1 said:

Yes, if travel/immigration is divided between the CV and non-CV world that could be a seen as a good outcome given that the non-CV world is most likely to consist of less densely populated, technologically advanced nations (with populations more prone to following science than superstition) with stable/capable governments. One might say 'shit-hole' vs 'non-shit-hole' countries.

Sadly, aren't some of those shit hole countries important, even necessary stop offs for long haul flights to places like Oz and Kiwi land? 

10 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Sadly, aren't some of those shit hole countries important, even necessary stop offs for long haul flights to places like Oz and Kiwi land? 

not for those of use that have avoided shithole countries even though the routes were cheaper.  I've always transited through SG and HK.  I suspect they will remain clean.

• Agree 2

Mike Roberts
15 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Hopefully some shit hole countries will still be considered important; given that the UK statistics will place it firmly in that category.

Edited by Mike Roberts
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Should this become a permanent solution? It would prevent ongoing deaths from all sorts of contagious diseases. If we accept the lockdown for Covid 19 it's hard not to do so for the flu. Maybe permanent social distancing and lockdowns are our future?

There are lots of other positive effects as well: the wilderness will be protected from exploitation, much lower carbon emissions from traffic/airlines/industry, more locally based economy, much lower crime rates, cats not allowed out to decimate wildlife, less pressure on health systems due to fewer accidents at work or on the roads, UBI will be necessary meaning less economic inequality homeless will all be housed.

I'm struggling to see the downside.

I guess if this goes on for a while and people see/experience benefits of reduced/restricted international travel and immigration from 'less desirable' parts of the world, they may be reluctant to open up fully and 'go back to the way things were'. Interesting times.

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

In the UK we have all the lockdowns and social control without the bans on international travel. Our government is inviting in thousands of foreign farm labourers during the biggest unemployment crisis the nation has ever known. 

The government needs to keep the virus panic alive in order to implement their agenda. That agenda is to remove autonomy and liberty from the individual and put the government in charge of decision making. That is what you are asking for.

Never let a cirisis go to waste

• Agree 2

Caravan Monster

In a quite rural and mostly low crime country where hunting is a big part of life for many, Ardern's gun grab after the mosque shootings had a very unsettling NWO feel about it. I get the impression the Kiwis are quite compliant, possibly because with a small population they broadly get left alone by the government and outside the cities have a community focused outlook from being a bit isolated from the modern world. Hope they replace her with someone that has the nation's interests at heart, the Kiwis I've met IRL are sound people.

• Agree 3

As mentioned elsewhere a few weeks ago, when the virus was starting to look like a serious issue I weighed up the choice of enduring what might follow either in rural NZ (I have citizenship) or central Berlin. I chose the latter and increasingly I think it was not only the right choice but that I've dodged a bullet.

Women I know in/from NZ adore Ardern. She can do no wrong for them. It's like a cult. She's like a primary school teacher telling them all what to do for their own good, and they lap it up. And most of the Kiwi men do what their wives tell them to do, and think what their wives tell them to think.

I love the country but she's destroying it, with no shortage of willing accomplices.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

Never let a cirisis go to waste

You've been drinking too much. :Beer:

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

As mentioned elsewhere a few weeks ago, when the virus was starting to look like a serious issue I weighed up the choice of enduring what might follow either in rural NZ (I have citizenship) or central Berlin. I chose the latter and increasingly I think it was not only the right choice but that I've dodged a bullet.

Women I know in/from NZ adore Ardern. She can do no wrong for them. It's like a cult. She's like a primary school teacher telling them all what to do for their own good, and they lap it up. And most of the Kiwi men do what their wives tell them to do, and think what their wives tell them to think.

I love the country but she's destroying it, with no shortage of willing accomplices.

Yep. She's a horrible thing imo. 

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I educated them on her background working for Blair.  That's been largely airbrushed out of her known history, but some telling words in here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/96123508/jacinda-ardern-i-didnt-want-to-work-for-tony-blair

• Agree 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Yep that corresponds exactly with what I know of the place. I'm no longer in touch, but I bet my ex and her sisters/friends think the sun shines out of Ardern's arse. There's a thirst for the moral high ground there that I've never seen anywhere else, this is what she'll exploit - she'll have the place overrun with useless Islamic migrants/refugees in a few years and they'll be competing with the Maori on the privilege hierarchy.

• Agree 1

Green Devil
3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yep that corresponds exactly with what I know of the place. I'm no longer in touch, but I bet my ex and her sisters/friends think the sun shines out of Ardern's arse. There's a thirst for the moral high ground there that I've never seen anywhere else, this is what she'll exploit - she'll have the place overrun with useless Islamic migrants/refugees in a few years and they'll be competing with the Maori on the privilege hierarchy.

All it takes is one clown in power for a few years, and the country changes beyond recognition. Shame really as NZ was one of the places I really liked (many years ago). 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I’m a pretty good INTJ judge of people and every time I see her on TV she makes my skin crawl. 

• Agree 3

Austin Allegro
3 hours ago, whitevanman said:

In the UK we have all the lockdowns and social control without the bans on international travel. Our government is inviting in thousands of foreign farm labourers during the biggest unemployment crisis the nation has ever known. 

The government needs to keep the virus panic alive in order to implement their agenda. That agenda is to remove autonomy and liberty from the individual and put the government in charge of decision making. That is what you are asking for.

Yes. Just look at France. Macron has been able to end yellow-vest protests at the stroke of a pen.

A lot of people in positions of power are going to be very happy with lockdown. I don't see it becoming permanent - yet - but I think aspects of it will become permanent, and it will be used intermittently and as a threat also, in years to come, to prevent the rise of 'populism'.

The Romanian airlift was the last straw for me - it makes a mockery of the lockdown and shows that globalist open borders ideology is still paramount.

Even if we were at war with Romania, they would still be allowing them to fly in. It's madness.

• Agree 3