• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

spygirl

Todays BBC virus story

Recommended Posts

NHS boss: 'I need gowns, can I call Burberry?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52319576

Breathlessly reported on the radio.

nhs director, 30 years of ppe 'experience' whatever that means.

'Can you give me Burberrys phone number?'

So, the pinnacle of nhs management has to ring the So-Called BBC for a phone number.

https://uk.burberry.com/outlet-stores/

here you go, start here.

If i was 'a director with 30 years ppe experience' Id probably go and walk thru the stores and check how much ive got.

Then id check he computer system used to coordinate stocks within the trust, then Id ring around other trusts, esp. the ones in the North, where there are fuck all cases and other parts of the hospital shutdown, so theyll be swimming in ppe.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, heard that briefly on the radio this morning didn't realise it was a NHS worker assumed it was a care home manager or the like and being a bit sarcastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

 

If i was 'a director with 30 years ppe experience' Id probably go and walk thru the stores and check how much ive got.

 

 

Lol you can't walk down there without a permit.

4a2af17f72f8c850e092ae545074ff56.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, spygirl said:

NHS boss: 'I need gowns, can I call Burberry?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52319576

Breathlessly reported on the radio.

nhs director, 30 years of ppe 'experience' whatever that means.

'Can you give me Burberrys phone number?'

So, the pinnacle of nhs management has to ring the So-Called BBC for a phone number.

https://uk.burberry.com/outlet-stores/

here you go, start here.

If i was 'a director with 30 years ppe experience' Id probably go and walk thru the stores and check how much ive got.

Then id check he computer system used to coordinate stocks within the trust, then Id ring around other trusts, esp. the ones in the North, where there are fuck all cases and other parts of the hospital shutdown, so theyll be swimming in ppe.

 

 

 

You mean you're not an NHS director with 30 years PPE experience?

Given that you're also an ERP expert, I would have thought you might know that even things like PPE are most likely supplied on a 'just in time' basis.

I would guess site stores will have held some, but not a huge amount. The days when stores was a giant building itself are long gone. At least in all the places I know, and requisitions are probably done weekly.

One point where we could agree though is that whinging to the So-Called BBC isn't solving anything.

I don't like how this is being used to subtly (or not so subtly) try to score points against the government like it's a funding or planning issue. Nobody, anywhere has any PPE, they can't make it fast enough.

It's about as much the government's fault as the fact that there's still no pasta in the supermarket. And Burberry will be about as much use in solving either problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

NHS boss: 'I need gowns, can I call Burberry?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52319576

Breathlessly reported on the radio.

nhs director, 30 years of ppe 'experience' whatever that means.

'Can you give me Burberrys phone number?'

So, the pinnacle of nhs management has to ring the So-Called BBC for a phone number.

https://uk.burberry.com/outlet-stores/

here you go, start here.

If i was 'a director with 30 years ppe experience' Id probably go and walk thru the stores and check how much ive got.

Then id check he computer system used to coordinate stocks within the trust, then Id ring around other trusts, esp. the ones in the North, where there are fuck all cases and other parts of the hospital shutdown, so theyll be swimming in ppe.

 

 

 

Burberry? Is that the only company we have in the UK that makes clothing? FFS. I doubt they can even make anything in high volume and I doubt they even make anything in the UK. Most of it is probably imported from some cheap labour country. Move on nothing to see here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Burberry? Is that the only company we have in the UK that makes clothing? FFS. I doubt they can even make anything in high volume and I doubt they even make anything in the UK. Most of it is probably imported from some cheap labour country. Move on nothing to see here. 

This. They had a factory in my home town. Shut and offshored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

So, after 30 years experience, he has built no contacts with the manufacturers or suppliers?  What’s he dne in that time, sat in his office creating spreadsheets?  

It's not quite that straight forward. It would be interesting to see the list of approved suppliers for PPE into the NHS.

The list probably isn't that long as if it's like anywhere else suppliers will bid for the contract, but they themselves are probably only part of the supply chain and are buying it wholesale. Once the wholesaler runs out and the manufacturer can't keep up with demand then there is literally nothing that can be done as all of the suppliers will be in exactly the same position.

The nearest situation I can think of for this is a few years back when we had a 1/30 year winter and the councils ran out of grit. They took no end of stick. But the alternative is to keep enough grit for a 1/30 year event, which makes no sense either.

Should the NHS have a strategic stockpile of PPE (that happens to have a limited shelf life) big enough to cover an unprecedented global health crisis?  

Edited by Roger_Mellie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sheer bollocks ramps up by the day. Very few people question the utter utter bullshit they are being fed. But they queue and clap like the deranged individuals they have been programmed to be. I’m convinced there are huge huge changes coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

You mean you're not an NHS director with 30 years PPE experience?

Given that you're also an ERP expert, I would have thought you might know that even things like PPE are most likely supplied on a 'just in time' basis.

I would guess site stores will have held some, but not a huge amount. The days when stores was a giant building itself are long gone. At least in all the places I know, and requisitions are probably done weekly.

One point where we could agree though is that whinging to the So-Called BBC isn't solving anything.

I don't like how this is being used to subtly (or not so subtly) try to score points against the government like it's a funding or planning issue. Nobody, anywhere has any PPE, they can't make it fast enough.

It's about as much the government's fault as the fact that there's still no pasta in the supermarket. And Burberry will be about as much use in solving either problem.

 

PPE is non perishable, bulky items.

Id expect they hospital to hold a good few weeks stock.#

Regional trusts also have a number of off-site store facilities.

https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/contact/locations/

You also seem to think that all hospital and health trusts are stocked to the rafters.

Hospital loading is at multi year low as theyve stopped elective and day surgeries.

Consumption of PPE kit is going to be waaaay low.

 

Theres loads of pasta in the supermarket. And toilet paper.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, spygirl said:

PPE is non perishable, bulky items.

Id expect they hospital to hold a good few weeks stock.#

Regional trusts also have a number of off-site store facilities.

https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/contact/locations/

You also seem to think that all hospital and health trusts are stocked to the rafters.

Hospital loading is at multi year low as theyve stopped elective and day surgeries.

Consumption of PPE kit is going to be waaaay low.

 

Theres loads of pasta in the supermarket. And toilet paper.

 

 

 

 

 

A good few weeks stock isn't enough though in this situation. you literally cannot hold enough stock to cover to cover such a supply disruption that it can't be manufactured fast enough.

So yes, they will have held a few weeks stock, maybe a month, maybe longer but what is their typical frequency of requisition? And does the current usage pattern for individual items match typical usage patterns? Probably not.

This stuff is complicated, which is why I think you're a bullshitter as you always come out with ridiculously over-simplified solutions that bear no relation to the actual likely problem at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, One percent said:

This. They had a factory in my home town. Shut and offshored. 

Was that Basingstoke by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

A good few weeks stock isn't enough though in this situation. you literally cannot hold enough stock to cover to cover such a supply disruption that it can't be manufactured fast enough.

So yes, they will have held a few weeks stock, maybe a month, maybe longer but what is their typical frequency of requisition? And does the current usage pattern for individual items match typical usage patterns? Probably not.

This stuff is complicated, which is why I think you're a bullshitter as you always come out with ridiculously over-simplified solutions that bear no relation to the actual likely problem at hand.

OK, lets look at a PPE article, which came up when I googled UK PPE stock

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/revealed-value-of-uk-pandemic-stockpile-fell-by-40-in-six-years

Revealed: value of UK pandemic stockpile fell by 40% in six years

£325m wiped off value of health department’s emergency stockpile including PPE

 

OMG!

Except it says 'value' not stock levels.

There are numerous reasons why the 'value of PPE stock might fall.

One, they are holding too much and not using it.

Two, the cost of the items might have fallen.

Three, the use of PPE might have changed i.e. they can reuse certain items after clenaing/laundery.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

OK, lets look at a PPE article, which came up when I googled UK PPE stock

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/revealed-value-of-uk-pandemic-stockpile-fell-by-40-in-six-years

Revealed: value of UK pandemic stockpile fell by 40% in six years

£325m wiped off value of health department’s emergency stockpile including PPE

 

OMG!

Except it says 'value' not stock levels.

There are numerous reasons why the 'value of PPE stock might fall.

One, they are holding too much and not using it.

Two, the cost of the items might have fallen.

Three, the use of PPE might have changed i.e. they can reuse certain items after clenaing/laundery.

 

 

 

It's just another bullshit Guardian article, meaningless. Words spewed onto a page by someone with the mental capacity of a dodo that says nothing about the current issue.

I'm surprised you even quoted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go:

https://wwwmedia.supplychain.nhs.uk/media/FAQs_Theatre_Gowns_Lot1.pdf

Interesting website, you can view open contracts for tender and everything.

It's like I thought - centralised purchasing from a small number of suppliers (take note in this document of the number of delisted suppliers) who tender for the contract to achieve cost savings. Requisitions are made locally through the NHS supply chain website. Completely standard practice.

That's just an example, but I would bet it's all like this. I would also guess that the NHS supply chain org. is also some kind of profit center (or the public sector equivalent) who have working capital targets - hence an aim to minimise stockpiles. There literally is nothing to see here, apart from the usual lefty whinging by people who don't know what they're talking about and want to point score against the tories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PPE does have a use by date. See recent jock NHS story on using a pile of out of date ones they found behind their couch. 

However the fact they deemed these perfectly safe to use does beg the question - why do they have this use by date then...:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ccc said:

PPE does have a use by date. See recent jock NHS story on using a pile of out of date ones they found behind their couch. 

However the fact they deemed these perfectly safe to use does beg the question - why do they have this use by date then...:ph34r:

It can't do - Spy says it's non-perishable 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It can't do - Spy says it's non-perishable 9_9

I asked at the time, by what mechanism does PPE degrade? No answer. The date was probably added by manufacturers to falsely create demand. NHS buyers should have called them out on it at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of idiot assumes Burberry manufacture anything in the UK in 2020? They closed 95% of their Welsh factories a few years ago, most of their stuff is made in Turkey.

Why not plead to Recep Erdogan, NHS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.