• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Button Moon

Are we being censored

Posted (edited)

I was just wondering why I make so many comments on Facebook, Twitter  and YouTube etc and get hardly any views or comments. 

Now, obviously it could be because my comments are stupid, I’ll informed, or regretfully just bad taste, but I always comment on the usual anti white, anti bbc, anti Islam, and anti remain, etc but I reply to good discussions and seem to get a negative reply. 

Have I been censored and if so, how any others ha e been censored? lets face it these corporate giants aren’t exactly nationalists are they ? 

Am I being paranoid or is it that they can easily just turn down the volume of people they don’t like 

Edited by Button Moon

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Sounds like you are being ghosted. They can make it look TO YOU  that your posts are available to the world but virtually no one else is seeing your posts, videos, rants, etc.

Exactly. 

Thats the fuckin point. They can turn off thousands of comments in order to shape a narrative that looks like free speech but soundly dismisses a large voice 

Scandalous and just makes you realise what your up against to get mainstream opinions out in the open 

Edited by Button Moon

Have you tried expressing same opinions to facebook friends in real life? Maybe they just don't agree with you and are politely not posting a combative reply. We think it's OK to be anti immigrant and so on because we've self-selected to come to a place where that's a majority view so it's kind of self-reinforcing. I've stopped using facebook but I did for years and I've probably got say 100 or so "friends" who are in reality work colleagues and people from past social circles, people who friended me but I didn't want to reject them and so on. In short a mixed bag cross-section rather than actual friends. I doubt if I expressed your sort of views they would be welcomed to be honest.

I don't use it,  but I read they are actively censoring COVID-19 posts that are deemed to be "fake" or non-factual.

The media were complaining that Facebook weren't doing enough to censor them.

I'm in two minds,  while part of the reason I stopped using Facebook was because there was so much utter rubbish posted on it,  I don't really see much point in banning one type of utter rubbish and not another.

Linkedin censored one of my messages, Facebook caught out having Wuhan lab associate making up their fake news policy.

The major players are beyond help in terms of facts. They are co-opted and have financial nests in China that mean they are to be considered utterly compromised.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/conflict-interest-facebook-fact-checker-worked-wuhan-biolab-ruled-out-virus-leak-while

6 minutes ago, Button Moon said:

Scandalous and just makes you realise what your up against to get mainstream opinions out in the open.

Possibly your posts are unpopular apart from among people with similarly unpopular populist views.

On many general chat sections of mainstream forums any posts likely to spark arguments or generate debate are removed.

Why ?

In the 1950s Nancy Mitford  explored the concept of U and Non-U, recognition, acceptance, rejection, based on language, and other cues.

Technology has embraced the same types identifiers. Multiple factors are in play.

Yes, algorithms, ghosting, bots, bans, deplatforming, political correctness, hate speech restrictions are affecting our internet interface.

More generally, platforms tend to self-moderate, by virtue of group think, peer sensibility, and cliques. In addition, there will typically be admins, super-moderators, and moderators, to enforce rules and etiquette.

Take any forum. Post against the mindset, contrarian, anti-hive opinions, or repeatedly link to unapproved commentators, sages, and opinion formers.

Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

Beekeepers, Queen bees, drones, and Ninja wasps will denigrate, silence, and repel invaders and disruptors.

Often there are stealth controllers and manipulators, masquerading as ordinary posters. Typically high post count members that are seemingly omnipresent, watching 24/7. Usually absolute cunts.

A perfect example is a popular media discussion forum with one particular poster whose main purpose appears to be defending BBC, and the unique way BBC is funded by the TV Licence.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_and_non-U_English

27 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Yes, algorithms, ghosting, bots, bans, deplatforming, political correctness, hate speech restrictions are affecting our internet interface.

The incredible story of half-real half-fake person Philip Cross.

"The incredible thing about “Philip Cross” was that he never took a single day off. From 29 August 2013 to 14 May 2018 “Philip Cross” edited Wikipedia every day, including Christmas days, for 1,721 days."

7 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Have you tried expressing same opinions to facebook friends in real life? Maybe they just don't agree with you and are politely not posting a combative reply. We think it's OK to be anti immigrant and so on because we've self-selected to come to a place where that's a majority view so it's kind of self-reinforcing. I've stopped using facebook but I did for years and I've probably got say 100 or so "friends" who are in reality work colleagues and people from past social circles, people who friended me but I didn't want to reject them and so on. In short a mixed bag cross-section rather than actual friends. I doubt if I expressed your sort of views they would be welcomed to be honest.

Nah, most people in UK think like us https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/04/27/where-public-stands-immigration

And that's when you consider people don't want to appear racist, so it's probably higher. It's becoming apparent that people are holding back less as the anti white message is ramped up, in turn resulting in more censorship and virtue signalling.

just look at the  'clap for me now vid on youtube' - comments turned off. Wonder why? looking at the downvotes I'm guessing it got the Gillette treatment. 

22 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

just look at the  'clap for me now vid on youtube' - comments turned off. Wonder why? looking at the downvotes I'm guessing it got the Gillette treatment. 

I like Sargon's rather excitable take on "You clap for me now"

7 hours ago, Funn3r said:

The incredible story of half-real half-fake person Philip Cross.

"The incredible thing about “Philip Cross” was that he never took a single day off. From 29 August 2013 to 14 May 2018 “Philip Cross” edited Wikipedia every day, including Christmas days, for 1,721 days."

Hadn't heard of this before. Interesting stuff, but I suggest the author is creating drama that doesn't fully exist. His assumption that 20+ "high profile" journalists and politicians are following an obscure Twitter account because GCHQ/the state told them to, seems a bit fanciful. Firstly, most MPs don't tweet themselves, they have a lackey do it for them. If you asked 90% of them how to use Tiwtter they would not have a clue.

Secondly I don't know even half of them, so they aren't that high-profile.

Thirdly I'd sooner side with the idea that these MP Twitter accounts are bots / automated, and someone clicked on the "let's get these fake accounts to follow this account" button by mistake. All these MPs tweet about is the tedious government line, it's predictable and boring, and would be easy to automate. So I suspect that is what they have done.

Perhaps the most laughable is his claim in this article that GCHQ are a right-wing front. https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/03/the-astonishing-case-of-the-doppelganger/ . He has managed to squeeze in the Murdoch bogeyman reference too, yes that Murdoch, not relevant since about 1998.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Hadn't heard of this before. Interesting stuff, but I suggest the author is creating drama that doesn't fully exist.

I don't know what to think either. I like Craig Murray but he can have some odd views sometimes. Then again he is an ex-ambassador and I believe his story that TPTB got rid of him for his refusal to go along with the official line. He is also definitely a player in whatever the Julian Assange weirdstory has morphed into. Strange times.

11 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Then again he is an ex-ambassador and I believe his story that TPTB got rid of him for his refusal to go along with the official line.

IIRC he was ambassador to somewhere like Uzbekhistan, and he refused to turn a blind eye to the corruption/murder that the local warlord, sorry President, got up to.

10 hours ago, Funn3r said:

We think it's OK to be anti immigrant and so on because we've self-selected to come to a place where that's a majority view so it's kind of self-reinforcing. 

I'm not anti-immigrant, I just don't like the way the mainstream media laud them continually and make us who want the UK to be the tolerant country with its own set of characteristics out to be intolerant bigots. Are you listening Gordon Brown. I don't want the UK to become a reflection of several other countries in one land mass. 

Immigrants come to the UK to benefit from the prosperity we created. They should adopt to our ways, not us change our ways to suit them. If I went to live in another country for an extended period then I would expect to accept and behave in ways that were the accepted norm in that country.

Most people I speak to, even those I know whose ethnicity is from elsewhere than the UK share a similar opinion. The only times I ever encounter an opposing opinion is when I watch broadcast TV and occasional articles in newspapers and magazines.  

Am I out of step or are they?