DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vaccine Progress

Libspero

Oxford University reckon they’ve cracked it (well, 80% sure).

If so,  and they can get everyone herd immunity at the same time..  that would be quite the breakthrough:

The team at the University of Oxford had been preparing for an event like the Covid-19 pandemic before the current global outbreak. 

They had already created a genetically engineered chimpanzee virus that would form the basis for the new vaccine. They then combined it with parts of the new coronavirus.
The result is, hopefully, a safe virus that trains the immune system to fight Covid-19. 
The big question is whether this experimental vaccine will actually work. 
Prof Sarah Gilbert, the lead researcher developing the vaccine, says she is 80% sure it will.
"This is my view, because I've worked with this technology a lot, and I've worked on the Mers-vaccine trials [another type of coronavirus], and I've seen what that can do.
"And, I think, it has a very strong chance of working."

Coronavirus vaccine: Target of a million doses by September, scientists say https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52329659

swiss_democracy_for_all

Look over here everybody, forget about the absence of testing and PPE for the medical staff and carers all over the country...

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Look over here everybody, forget about the absence of testing and PPE for the medical staff and carers all over the country...

If they really do have something sat on the shelf,  we won’t need any testing or PPE  :o

Well,  from September anyway..

It wouldn’t affect this round of infections,  but I expect they’re aiming to try and roll out mass immunisation before the next wave hits.

I've always been uneasy / on the fence about normal flu vaccination. Having seen a bit more of the goings on at the WHO/Fauci/Gates club I will definitely not be voluntarily having whatever bat-infected gunge they eventually come up with.

• Agree 4

I will believe it when I see it.

I suspect what we have here is 80% hubris and 20% academic ego.

Id love to be proved wrong. But I doubt I will be. 

Just now, This Time said:

Not a fucking chance in hell I'd let anyone near me with that.

Well, I might. About five years after it was rolled out. 

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 minutes ago, This Time said:

Not a fucking chance in hell I'd let anyone near me with that.

2 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I will believe it when I see it.

I suspect what we have here is 80% hubris and 20% academic ego.

Id love to be proved wrong. But I doubt I will be. 

Well, I might. About five years after it was rolled out. 

Oh come now, what is there to worry about? O.o

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3335060/

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2004/12/sars-vaccine-linked-liver-damage-ferret-study

• Agree 2

Isn't the reason that vaccines normally take so long (5-10 years) to develop is because they have to be endlessly trial tested, because if they aren't 100% right then they can actually have the exact opposite effect of what they're supposed to do?... i.e. they could enable the virus they're targeting to actually be more virulent.

(apologies for the lack of accurate virology terminology)

10 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Here’s her page for info...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Gilbert_(scientist)

It’s a no thank you from me for anything she comes up. 

I’m of the view that taking my chance in life and trying to be slim and healthy within my personal ability and knowledge is my best option.

This is the only bit you need to know.

In April 2020, Gilbert claimed that with more funding, she could deliver a COVID-19 vaccine by September 2020”

• Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Here’s her page for info...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Gilbert_(scientist)

It’s a no thank you from me for anything she comes up. 

I’m of the view that taking my chance in life and trying to be slim and healthy within my personal ability and knowledge is my best option.

My opinion exactly.

ill take my own chances thank you very much. 

Given the horrors of many well known drugs and treatments that medicine continues to knowingly push on people, I’m not having a rushed vaccine injected into me.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Royston said:

Isn't the reason that vaccines normally take so long (5-10 years) to develop is because they have to be endlessly trial tested, because if they aren't 100% right then they can actually have the exact opposite effect of what they're supposed to do?... i.e. they could enable the virus they're targeting to actually be more virulent.

(apologies for the lack of accurate virology terminology)

Yes. That's what happened with all the SARS1 vaccines they tried.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

You might not get a choice...

Indeed..  if they are going for herd immunity in order to wipe out the virus in one hit,   they will need everyone to get it (or at least 80-90% I guess).

Why is it always the people who most know what they are talking about who always shoot this stuff down?   :CryBaby:

Couldn’t they give us one evening of hope before pulling it to shreds in the morning xD

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, This Time said:

Yes. That's what happened with all the SARS1 vaccines they tried.

This one looks different though - T cell response based, they have a MERS one that just started trialling,  if anybody is going to succeed then this one looks like it might a candidate. Getting increasingly concerned about the vaccine route and the involvement / interest of  a number of linked parties, this one looks somewhat independent at first glance.

1 minute ago, onlyme said:

This one looks different though - T cell response based, they have a MERS one that just started trialling,  if anybody is going to succeed then this one looks like it might a candidate. Getting increasingly concerned about the vaccine route and the involvement / interest of  a number of linked parties, this one looks somewhat independent at first glance.

Have you met many academics?

Especially oxbridge ones?

Tale from my PhD, conducted in a world famous London lab regarding the woman from Cambridge with a massive recommendation and an ego to match that they’d taken on “We’ll know better in future.. that’s a mistake we won’t make again.” or words to that effect. 

Id rather put my life in the hands of a vaccine produced by some rapacious Merkin company than anything the likes of those people come out with.  

• Agree 2

One percent

I know this isn’t vaccine related per se. However, i think it’s relevant to this thread. I received a text today 

Dear Xxxx
This is a message from Professor xxxxx at [GP surgery] in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak. A clinical trial exploring treatment for the COVID-19 virus is taking place. If you experience a continuous cough and/or a high temperature and have had it for less than 8 days, please click https://sentry.phc.ox.ac.uk/sentry/principle/live/survey/open?id=screening&sc=WHG if you would like to find out more. 

o.O:ph34r:

• Agree 1