Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

It looks like you might have to borrow your kids ID if you want to go to the pub under proposals to ease the lockdown being considered by the government.

Clown world.

xD

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/alexwickham/coronavirus-uk-lockdown-three-stage-exit-plan?__twitter_impression=true

SAGE scientists are also looking at lifting restrictions by age, raising the prospect that people under a certain age threshold could be able to go back to their offices sooner, organise social gatherings or go to the pub, but those above the limit cannot.

Edited by SpectrumFX
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They have no idea at all they are making this up as they go along from the lock down to the bail out to the exit strategy. The state has shown itself to be a total failure yet again 

A lady should always attend to her garden.

All those plans are nonsense, all the more so the farther into the future they venture. I was chatting with my brothers yesterday about their holiday plans, it was mostly along the lines of "hopefully

3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

It looks like you might have to borrow your kids ID if you want to the pub under proposals to ease the lockdown being considered by the government.

Clown world.

xD

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/alexwickham/coronavirus-uk-lockdown-three-stage-exit-plan?__twitter_impression=true

SAGE scientists are also looking at lifting restrictions by age, raising the prospect that people under a certain age threshold could be able to go back to their offices sooner, organise social gatherings or go to the pub, but those above the limit cannot.

For some reason my response was to laugh my socks off. O.o

 

like ou say, clown world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ad_ceng said:

They have no idea at all they are making this up as they go along from the lock down to the bail out to the exit strategy.

The state has shown itself to be a total failure yet again 

Yep they'll start leaking ideas now and then reading the So-Called BBC/daily mail comments to gauge what's acceptable or not.

Personally they know they can't go with the 'go out at your own risk but forego treatment if you catch it' option as there's too many permutations.

Looks like they'll go for businesses to police themselves - hard to lock those up 'until a vaccine is found' who are in potentially the last years of their lives anyway while the younger generations are back to normal and enjoying life.  Similar however is that you can't keep the younger working locked up with their only enjoyment prospect being work itself.

They will however, no doubt, issue some guidance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Yep they'll start leaking ideas now and then reading the So-Called BBC/daily mail comments to gauge what's acceptable or not.

Personally they know they can't go with the 'go out at your own risk but forego treatment if you catch it' option as there's too many permutations.

Looks like they'll go for businesses to police themselves - hard to lock those up 'until a vaccine is found' who are in potentially the last years of their lives anyway while the younger generations are back to normal and enjoying life.  Similar however is that you can't keep the younger working locked up with their only enjoyment prospect being work itself.

They will however, no doubt, issue some guidance!

The problem is there will be no vaccine found

The world has changed, the question is how, its obvious we just lost a lot of our rights but what else is coming. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a sensible approach IMO

The vulnerable and old should be under lockdown as they make up a smaller fraction of the economically productive population.

Release the rest and let them get infected. You can then slowly release the old and vulnerable in line with the number of NHS beds you have to accomodate those that get bad infections.

However, if, as the article says, lockdown for the over 70s is indefinite, I have  just 15 years of life left.

I'd happily sign a waiver for Covid19 treatment to avoid lockdown when I reach 70.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

The vulnerable and old should be under lockdown as they make up a smaller fraction of the economically productive population.

Release the rest and let them get infected. You can then slowly release the old and vulnerable in line with the number of NHS beds you have to accomodate those that get bad infections.

However, if, as the article says, lockdown for the over 70s is indefinite, I have  just 15 years of life left.

I'd happily sign a waiver for Covid19 treatment to avoid lockdown when I reach 70.

 

The slight problem are the 50-64 year old age group who number over 10 million in the U.K.

They may not be classed as vulnerable and most are economically active but the statistics show they are at an increased risk of hospitalisation from Covid19  and of dying.from the disease. Running  a conservative scenario of about 30% of them getting infected post lock down exit  (about 3,000,000) and using a death ratio of 1%  then that is 30,000 people who are taken out of the workforce permanently . Now the government and employers might be prepared to accept the death of wage earners taxpayers in that age group in return for losing their pension liabilities but are the relevant individuals in that group going to be so keen to potentially trade what is left of  their lives slogging away at work if it means they might die prematurely. 

Edited by Virgil Caine
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

The slight problem are the 50-64 year old age group who number about 10 million in the U.K.

They may not be classed as vulnerable and most are economically active but the statistics show they are at an increased risk of hospitalisation from Covid19  and of dying.from the disease. Running  a conservative scenario of about 30% of them getting infected post lock down exit  (about 3,000,000) and using a death ratio of 1%  then that is 30,000 people who are taken out of the workforce permanently . Now the government and employers might be prepared to accept the death of wage earners taxpayers in that age group in return for losing their pension liabilities but are the relevant individuals in that group going to be so keen to potentially trade what is left of  their lives slogging away at work if it means they might die prematurely. 

Are you saying lockdown the 50-64s or the 50-64s would just not turn up to work faced with 1% death rate ?

(I'd say that 30,000 deaths is nothing)

from an employment perspective, the young can move in at the bottom.

Edited by Hopeful
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

A big new TV for every room in your house.  Not for you to watch though.

The similarities are amazing (worrying?) aren't they?...I re-read it (1984) late last year, and to think six months later I would be experiencing its beginnings!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hopeful said:

This is a sensible approach IMO

The vulnerable and old should be under lockdown as they make up a smaller fraction of the economically productive population

This should have been the approach from day 1, rather than trashing our economy...it seems so obvious to many that I can't help but believe there is an `alternative` narrative to their actions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

That table is cleary made up bollocks.

They just make themselves look even more stupid by doing this.

I am not sure. The government leak information to the MoS to gauge reaction. I reckon it'll be one idea they're genuinely planning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spunko said:

I am not sure. The government leak information to the MoS to gauge reaction. I reckon it'll be one idea they're genuinely planning. 

No. It states warehouses can reopen and businesses with up to 50 staff can reopen.

They never had to close in the first place so don't need permission to reopen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

27373646-0-image-m-3_1587281875906.jpg

Fuck.

Kids go on bus to school.

Im going to have to buy the little bastards masks.

 

Once you've opened the schools, you might as well just open everything else.

The kids don't do social distancing and will spread it will amongst themselves tout suite, and then go home and infect all the parents. There's also no point sending kids to school while their furloughed parents sir at home on their arse doing fuck all because their work is still closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...