• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
M S E Refugee

Banks

RBS, BARC, HSBA, LLOY, and to a lesser extent MTRO all show the same chart pattern. Flat/down, then big drop.

One has to ask how are the banks going to make money for their shareholders - haven't they been told to stop paying dividends?

As more people bank online, I believe there is less room for for people to be sold banking financial products and services (which in essence brings in more profits), like in the old days when people pop into branches.

So yes, they maybe cheap now, but they could be in this lull for a little while.

Please state a bull case though!

1 hour ago, 201p said:

RBS, BARC, HSBA, LLOY, and to a lesser extent MTRO all show the same chart pattern. Flat/down, then big drop.

One has to ask how are the banks going to make money for their shareholders - haven't they been told to stop paying dividends?

As more people bank online, I believe there is less room for for people to be sold banking financial products and services (which in essence brings in more profits), like in the old days when people pop into branches.

So yes, they maybe cheap now, but they could be in this lull for a little while.

Please state a bull case though!

I have bought some shares in Raiffeissen and Erste as they mainly focus on Banking Services in Central Europe which is a market that I think has great potential for long term growth.

I have also bought a few shares in Swiss Bank Julius Baer as the Swiss will make money however bad things may become.

I'm also looking at Lloyds,HSBC,Wells Fargo and Bank of America.

Sign in to follow this