• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Let it be... we like lockdown

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-only-9-of-britons-want-life-to-return-to-normal-once-lockdown-is-over-11974459?

Coronavirus: Only 9% of Britons want life to return to 'normal' once lockdown is over

People have noticed significant changes during the lockdown, including cleaner air, more wildlife and stronger communities.

Just now, Loki said:

It shows how much 'normal' sucks.  Up at 5am, out the door, sit in traffic for 2 hours, rush around like a madman, go home eat sleep repeat.

I imagine the people that love this lockdown so much do not have to do this.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

We'll all enjoy it until the queues are massive at the supermarkets and the shelves are empty.

Delivery services will grow to meet demand though.. both supermarkets and small local retailers. With the empty roads and increased demand , milkmen etc become viable again.

Edited by MvR

12 minutes ago, MvR said:

Delivery services will grow to meet demand though.. both supermarkets and small local retailers. With the empty roads and increased, milkmen etc become viable again.

Prices of milk might be worth comparing across all services.

And why MOrrions etc haven't set up a "milk and bread" section at the entrance? 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

It shows how much 'normal' sucks.  Up at 5am, out the door, sit in traffic for 2 hours, rush around like a madman, go home eat sleep repeat.

Meh, within a few weeks of doing that again you'll slide right back into it and forget all about this lockdown nonsense. B|

Just now, spunko said:

Meh, within a few weeks of doing that again you'll slide right back into it and forget all about this lockdown nonsense. B|

Back to the Matrix.

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-only-9-of-britons-want-life-to-return-to-normal-once-lockdown-is-over-11974459?

Coronavirus: Only 9% of Britons want life to return to 'normal' once lockdown is over

People have noticed significant changes during the lockdown, including cleaner air, more wildlife and stronger communities.

That'll be my community of entitled retirees

Fuck em.

I'll never lift a finger for them again.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

That'll be my community of entitled retirees

Fuck em.

I'll never lift a finger for them again.

That'll be them. They should go on a Novovirus cruise.

4 hours ago, whitevanman said:

How are people going to like it when the lights go off, there's fuck all to eat and roving gangs start raping and pillaging. Fuck it, I might join them.

It will be fucking brilliant.  Ive been looking forward to going into savage mode before Im too old to enjoy it.

5 hours ago, whitevanman said:

How are people going to like it when the lights go off, there's fuck all to eat and roving gangs start raping and pillaging. Fuck it, I might join them.

Are you signing up to the Rapers or the Pillagers?

5 hours ago, Loki said:

Just reading about how electric use has changed:

"Households are consuming 21% less electricity than usual at 07:30, as fewer people commute to work, and are taking back the time to sleep later instead," a spokeswoman for Bulb Energy said.

Some that are still working are really going to question and I imagine even be quite confrontational about a return to 'normal' when there has been no such need to ever operate as such.

Say goodbye to the old authoritarian world and hello to the new authoritarian dystopia!

Posted (edited)

Just went for a swim

Saw the first swallow of the summer.

Met some elderly villagers on the coast path

"Hello Hopeful

"Hello, elderly villagers

"How are you doing, We are really enjoying this lockdown, the village is so peaceful. Long may it last

"Uh, Oh..

"I bet you find not being able to go to sea is a bit difficult

"Oh, I'm still going to sea

"Oh, Are you

"Yep, I'm going this Friday in fact

Oh, Are you, Are you doing any fishing while you are out there ?

"Probably

"Could we have some mackerel if you catch any

"Oh, they haven't arrived yet*

(cheeky cunts)

*for anyone who follows my frustrations you will have seen the pic of my catch that I posted last week.

Edited by Hopeful

8 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

"Could we have some mackerel if you catch any

There is a skill to catching multiple mackeral on one fishing line, and there are secret spots where they are. If you use something with silver it might work, and attach a few hooks down the line.

I have had some success with a single lure.

s-l400.jpg