• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Covid19 and life to go

Spunko... Has the rate of spread slowed?

We're now on v3 of the main thread and it's reached over 200 pages but I can't help but think that the pages per day is falling and that the 7 day spread must be on the decline.

Have you any admin tool analytics to deduce whether the posts per day are on the decline in that thread and the sub forum as a whole?

I'm bored of my numerous tits of myself!!

@spunko is it possible to create a thread by pulling the top rated comment each from all three coronovirus threads?

It would be disjointed but maybe interesting to look back on and remind ourselves of the timeline and thinking?

There is really no new info on the subject. I am not surprised the topic thread has slowed.

I am waiting on news from business, and whether coming out of lock down will put us back to square one with reinfection rates increasing again.

We're in a holding pattern.

9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

@spunko is it possible to create a thread by pulling the top rated comment each from all three coronovirus threads?

It would be disjointed but maybe interesting to look back on and remind ourselves of the timeline and thinking?

That would involve quite a bit of pissing about with SQL and the thought of doing it is filling me with dread :CryBaby:

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

That would involve quite a bit of pissing about with SQL and the thought of doing it is filling me with dread :CryBaby:

Go on. You have sod all else to do. 😁😁

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

No problem - just give me read access to the database.

;)

And, on a totally unrelated note, how much is a targeted list of 810 verified email addresses worth right now?

Asking for a friend in the luncheonmeat processing industry.... 

Edited by unregistered_guest

Well I heard no money coming into this site despite being religiously used... Maybe with all the messages and quite deep threads of thought could be somehow data mined.  As in the level of date here could be gold mine if suddenly taken off then harvested by some advance AI.  

Sell to the Chinese once they are ruling the world with the help of robots.... In order to squash or get the last few dissenters up to speed 

@JoeDavola or anyone, are you proficient with installing Redis?  I really think this website needs some sort of caching, I'm just using the default disk caching but it's crap. I have tried to install Redis but the software never recognises it. I may have to ask upon someone from the DOSBODS community to install it for me :D

It's RHEL/Centos 7 LNMP...

14 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

And, on a totally unrelated note, how much is a targeted list of 810 verified email addresses worth right now?

Asking for a friend in the luncheonmeat processing industry.... 

It’s hard to imagine who would be deliberately targeting paranoid, miserly misanthropes for their marketing campaign.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

@JoeDavola or anyone, are you proficient with installing Redis?  I really think this website needs some sort of caching, I'm just using the default disk caching but it's crap. I have tried to install Redis but the software never recognises it. I may have to ask upon someone from the DOSBODS community to install it for me :D

It's RHEL/Centos 7 LNMP...

Fortunatley (for me) I know nothing about Redis!

Rumour has it that the Internet has prepared millions of Gigabytes worth of backup servers to cope with all the threads on Covid-19 that were supposed to be written by now. Yet Indian IT tech support workers are sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for them, after having cancelled all routine enquiries such as 'how do I get rid of that annoying pop up paper clip thing on my screen'.

17 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Rumour has it that the Internet has prepared millions of Gigabytes worth of backup servers to cope with all the threads on Covid-19 that were supposed to be written by now. Yet Indian IT tech support workers are sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for them, after having cancelled all routine enquiries such as 'how do I get rid of that annoying pop up paper clip thing on my screen'.

I have noticed the internet seems really slow today, I thought it was just this site. But a lot of sites are painfully slow - some aren't.

I have done a few speed tests and everything seems to be in order on my side.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, spunko said:

I have noticed the internet seems really slow today, I thought it was just this site. But a lot of sites are painfully slow - some aren't.

Weirdly our VPN access points are all running at sub 10% utilisation today, when I have rarely seen the European ones sub 95%, and never below 80% previously. 

Edited by Hail the Tripod

22 hours ago, spunko said:

Rightmove and Autotrader were slow yesterday, probably other sites too, I'm just not looking at them obsessively..